09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    So everyone knows, when you get your bold in the mail and plug it into desktop manager it will update you to .699

I just did a wireless update, because I am anal like that and want to make sure everything is as up to date as possible and it found the .732 update.
    06-19-10 02:37 PM
    That is what a Tech at the Wooster Ohio, store told me. They are a tech store and I asked him what makes a FRU, and how are they checked out, that is what he told me is the process. They can't check every phone for specfic issues because they get so many, so they just go by procedure on all phones.
    thats kinda what i figured.. now onto impatiently waiting for monday..
    06-19-10 02:38 PM
    thats kinda what i figured.. now onto impatiently waiting for monday..
    I am glad I could help, I know you didn't think I was lieing, you just wanted to make sure all your ducks where in a row. I don't post anything unless I know for a fact, and if I do post something that is wrong and some corrects me, I am open to it.
    06-19-10 02:42 PM
    do you think verizon is going to stop selling the tour all together?? i just looked on the verizon website and both the camera and non camera versions are OUT OF STOCK.

seems like they want to get rid of this device and its issues all together
    As of this month, the Tour will be discontinued.

Verizon BlackBerry Tour 9630 To Be Discontinued | BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    06-19-10 02:44 PM
    I kept the small brown box it came in, I just put my tour in the small plastic bag that my bold was in a put it back in big box they shipped my bold in.
    Oh, I was under the impression you were sent a brand new 9650. I must've confused you with someone else. I'm thinking most, if not all, FRU 9650s have been sent out by now. It's kind of tempting to call to not only get this trackpad straighted out, but also get lucky with a new device.
    06-19-10 02:50 PM
    My 2lb Bold package left West Chester PA at 4pm yesterday. It left Newark this morning at 11:45am. Bound for Newburyport, MA. Scheduled for Tuesday but I could see it making it here Monday depending on how far it moves today......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mine's going 75 miles at most and its taking 4 days...
    06-19-10 02:52 PM
    Oh, I was under the impression you were sent a brand new 9650. I must've confused you with someone else. I'm thinking most, if not all, FRU 9650s have been sent out by now. It's kind of tempting to call to not only get this trackpad straighted out, but also get lucky with a new device.
    I would give them a call, whats the worse they can do say no...
    06-19-10 02:56 PM
    just called again,getting a new bold!
    06-19-10 02:56 PM
    my bold will be here tuesday! thanks for the info everyone
    06-19-10 02:57 PM
    Question: those of you saying you're getting a "new" Bold, are you for certain that it's BRAND NEW. Like, are the reps saying you will be sent a retail box with new device inside?
    06-19-10 02:59 PM
    well,, im slightly worried now. Yesterday, the shipping weight was 3lbs, now its 1lb. what happened?!
    06-19-10 03:19 PM
    I was told i was getting a "certified like new" bold
    06-19-10 03:19 PM
    I called today to check on shipment. It shipped yesterday, not monday. It is 1lb. I asked if it was in fact a tour or bold. She said it was a tour. I said my friend got a bold why the difference that doesn't seem right. She said they were out of stock when I called yesterday and they had to make an exception. But when I called they had more in stock so I have to get a Tour. Can you make an exception? No has to be the tour. I guess we'll see what I get. But it's BS that they send bolds to some and tours to other, like a radio station the 4th caller gets a new bold. Now it sounds like they our out of stock again.
    06-19-10 03:29 PM
    well,, im slightly worried now. Yesterday, the shipping weight was 3lbs, now its 1lb. what happened?!
    mine did that too. When I received it, it was the bold with battery door and nothing else. Just FYI, that's prolly what your getting.
    06-19-10 03:30 PM
    Somewhere between Ft. Worth and Memphis, my package lost 2 lbs too...
    06-19-10 03:32 PM
    mine did that too. When I received it, it was the bold with battery door and nothing else. Just FYI, that's prolly what your getting.
    Blah Blah Blah... That sucks. Why would it go from 3 to 1 though?

Somewhere between Ft. Worth and Memphis, my package lost 2 lbs too...
    Im very confused by this, did anyone that already got their bold have this happen? what did you get?
    06-19-10 03:33 PM
    Just called in about the crooked trackpad. The rep wanted me to get it checked out at a store. Probably not going to do that and just stick it out with this one.
    06-19-10 03:36 PM
    I am sure if you had to travel as far as the packages are your would loss some weight to...lol...just kidding, I couldn't help my self...

If I had to guess and that is all I am doing, is Verizon estimates the weight and somewhere in the process it get's an actual weight.
    06-19-10 03:37 PM
    Well thats lame. If I only get just the phone, is there any way to get an entirely New bold in box and all, without just buying one of course..
    06-19-10 03:40 PM
    So what are you going to do if when they receive your working tour, realize you didnt have problems and that you should pay them for your replacement phone?

I mean, i dont know if they will or whatever, but i feel as though it may be a possibility.. anyone else curious about this?
    Seriously guys, honesty is the best policy. If your Tour ain't broke or is working fine, why lie to get a Bold. Pretty weak if you ask me. Many of us have had legitimate problems that should be resolved. They should have been resolved months ago with Tours. Verizon is just making a strategic decision to cut bait now since the fixes have not worked often enough.
    06-19-10 04:15 PM
    Hi guys, What number do you find is the best one at Verizon to call for the replacement of a Tour? Tnx
    06-19-10 04:34 PM
    I recieved mine. It says FRU on the sticker but it was in a brand new box. Got charger, batter, headset, holster, etc. Only down issue i see right now not all BBM contacts are switching over, my sirius/xm app is not avail for the 9650, and i can't figure out how to wipe my old phone completely, i mean but not letting it boot or anything cuz thats what i told them was wrong with it.
    06-19-10 04:35 PM
    Seriously guys, honesty is the best policy. If your Tour ain't broke or is working fine, why lie to get a Bold. Pretty weak if you ask me. Many of us have had legitimate problems that should be resolved. They should have been resolved months ago with Tours. Verizon is just making a strategic decision to cut bait now since the fixes have not worked often enough.
    While you are probably correct, the problem is that the Trackball on the Tour (if not its other ills) will eventually fail - it was poorly designed (unlike the earlier trackball units where the ball could be removed from the front easily and cleaned or replaced). So people are jumping on this opportunity possibly prematurely.

The issue as I see if, is if you/me/us/them don't do it now and do have more consequential issues in a month or two, we will be getting either previously broken Tours and then, definitely refurbished Bolds since they will have used Bolds to ship to tour owners. It is what is making me think of calling NOW rather than waiting for my tour to get more flaky.

To a large extent verizon has brought this on themselves. Releasing barely operable tours in the first place, then issuing an OS that broke all kinds of things (return to store error messages, browser click, broken mms audio files). Folks are seeking reliable phones NOW.
    06-19-10 04:36 PM
    I recieved mine. It says FRU on the sticker but it was in a brand new box. Got charger, batter, headset, holster, etc. Only down issue i see right now not all BBM contacts are switching over, my sirius/xm app is not avail for the 9650, and i can't figure out how to wipe my old phone completely, i mean but not letting it boot or anything cuz thats what i told them was wrong with it.

When your phone was shipped, what was the weight?
    06-19-10 04:37 PM
    While you are probably correct, the problem is that the Trackball on the Tour (if not its other ills) will eventually fail - it was poorly designed (unlike the earlier trackball units where the ball could be removed from the front easily and cleaned or replaced). So people are jumping on this opportunity possibly prematurely.

The issue as I see if, is if you/me/us/them don't do it now and do have more consequential issues in a month or two, we will be getting either previously broken Tours and then, definitely refurbished Bolds since they will have used Bolds to ship to tour owners. It is what is making me think of calling NOW rather than waiting for my tour to get more flaky.

To a large extent verizon has brought this on themselves. Releasing barely operable tours in the first place, then issuing an OS that broke all kinds of things (return to store error messages, browser click, broken mms audio files). Folks are seeking reliable phones NOW.
    I agree with all of this. My tour wasn't THAT bad, but I've had issues here and there. My warranty ends in less than a month and my upgrade date isn't until next March. The odds of that trackball lasting that long were slim to none. I simply wasn't going to take a chance and have to be forced into buying another phone. It's BS and I don't feel one bit bad about Verizon having to shell out all these phones to customers. They deserve it.
    06-19-10 04:42 PM
2,047 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD