09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    So i just got off the phone with warranty center and they are replacing my tour with a bold rep told me currently out of stock on tours . my new bold ships monday will be here wed THANK YOU VERIZON
    Everyone that called last night (myself included) depleted whatever stock they got in yesterday. So you're all welcome!!! Heavy sigh...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 02:17 PM
    Dropped my tour on sunday called assurion they sent me a 9650 on tues. Signal sucks track pad is crooked. Browser is slow. My tour had all over this 9650. I hope its just the VZW os. I expected more from this device. I'm not impressed. Oh yea the bing browser SUCKS!!!!

I'm am unfortunately getting a replacement Tour on Monday. If you really don't like your Bold, I will gladly trade you my new Tour for you new Bold.

I don't care about signal as I will only be using wifi anyway and I can deal with a crooked track pad.

Everyone that called last night (myself included) depleted whatever stock they got in yesterday. So you're all welcome!!! Heavy sigh...

Yeah you all are very very welcome. Bastards
    Last edited by newberrynewb; 06-19-10 at 02:32 PM.
    06-19-10 02:21 PM
    I am still in shock that verizon is doing this for all of us. I can't believe a new bold is coming in the mail! I've put up with horrible phones from verizon for 8 years now and their response was always "tough luck" or just keep swaping for the same model that fails again and again.

Everyone should call for a bold even if you are slightly thinking about it. I just got my 3rd repl
    acement tour the day before this thread was created and guess what... The trackball is out again and the keys feel very sticky.

Call now! I can't wait for tuesday

06-19-10 02:30 PM
    i just called and they said i would get a new tour..

i asked if there was any other device that didnt have a trackball since i had already had to have it replaced due to the trackball

i'm getting a bold now.....

so they DO have tours in stock, but, if you have already had it replaced due to a trackball issue you may be getting a bold...
    06-19-10 02:31 PM
    I posted this a few pages back, but got no answer so I'm just going to ask it again:

If for whatever reason I start having problems with my 9650, would Verizon replace it with another 9650 or would they see that the original device was a 9630 and replace it with that? Does Verizon have record of how I've gone through 4 9630s? Or would they think I purchased a Bold and want it exchanged for another?
    06-19-10 02:33 PM
    That shouldn't negate the warranty on my Tour though.

but the thing is you have a whole different phone active on your account. I'm pretty sure they'll call BS on it.
    06-19-10 02:40 PM
    but the thing is you have a whole different phone active on your account. I'm pretty sure they'll call BS on it.
    It's a 1-year RIM warranty for the hardware, so it shouldn't matter if there is an active line. Anyway, you could just go online or call and do an ESN change back to the Tour, then call support for troubleshooting.
    06-19-10 02:45 PM
    Medic, is your trackpad crooked at all? I got the same packaging yesterday and while everything about the phone is perfect, this damn trackpad is driving me up the wall. I can't get my eyes off of it...
    no mine looks great...i looked it over closely to see if it was even just a little bit but everything looks great.
    06-19-10 02:46 PM
    i'm in the same situation. i'm on my second Tour but it's working fine. So, i'm not calling to get it replaced with a Bold. Since you're asking for suggestions, i'd say just ride it out with your Tour until upgrade time. By then, the Bold may be free or a better BlackBerry will be out! Tour is a decent BlackBerry.

I was in the same boat as both of you, I decided to just do it for a number of reasons:

1) Verizon is the Wal-Mart of cellphone companies
    2) Verizon customer service sucks, for the most part when I have dealt with them minus this time for the tour bold swap
    3) Verizon's plan's are way over priced

I know I am complaining about verizon and some people reading this will prolly say then change carriers, but they are the only one with coverage in my area.

Due to all the issues I have had with previous phones in the last year and issues with over the phone and in store customer service I figured it was time for them to pay me back. Also, they will prolly FRU all the tours and sell at discounted price, so even if your works fine someone else who really like's it or wants it will prolly end up with it.
    06-19-10 02:51 PM
    Would it be possible to just go to the store and get my tour replaced with a bold? Or is calling the number the best bet in this situation? I have actual trackball problems so they will see it clearly. I just refuse to accept a refurb because my mom and brother have had refurbs of other phones which have been in worse shape than the original. I'm currently on my 2nd tour.
    My problem with going in the store is it is so crazy there, plus if you go to a tech store they will work on your phone and tell you it's fixed and send you on your way, still with a defective phone; if a non-tech store they will tell you to go to a tech store, so for time and energy plus fuel I would recommend you call.
    06-19-10 02:54 PM
    I posted this a few pages back, but got no answer so I'm just going to ask it again:

If for whatever reason I start having problems with my 9650, would Verizon replace it with another 9650 or would they see that the original device was a 9630 and replace it with that? Does Verizon have record of how I've gone through 4 9630s? Or would they think I purchased a Bold and want it exchanged for another?
    Yes they will replace with another Bold, that is your device know. And yes they can see all the problems you have ever had under your account number. If you want to know how I know that here is a quick view of my account phone that show up:

6 - LG Enve 3
    4 - Samsung Rogues
    2 - HTC Touch Pro 2
    1 - Tour
    1 - Bold

That's for both my wife and I in just 6-9 months of times, the number of phones we have gone through for manufacturer / Software issue's not insurance issues.
    06-19-10 02:59 PM
    If you can read the address on that box you must have some amazing eyes! Or I haven't figured out how to zoom in from an attachment on CB!! LOL
    Lol if you click on it and zoom in you can clearly see the address on the first picture.
    06-19-10 03:04 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if I called up and complained about this crooked trackpad if they would send me another FRU or a brand new retail box. Seems like it's a crap shoot for everyone in here, but I really don't care if it's FRU or not, I just want this trackpad to be straight!
    06-19-10 03:06 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if I called up and complained about this crooked trackpad if they would send me another FRU or a brand new retail box. Seems like it's a crap shoot for everyone in here, but I really don't care if it's FRU or not, I just want this trackpad to be straight!
    I think it's worth a phone call, for what they charge for phones and service per month, I am in the belief if you aren't happy with your product then they should do everything within their power to make you happy.
    06-19-10 03:11 PM
    My 2lb Bold package left West Chester PA at 4pm yesterday. It left Newark this morning at 11:45am. Bound for Newburyport, MA. Scheduled for Tuesday but I could see it making it here Monday depending on how far it moves today......

06-19-10 03:13 PM
    Ok, silly wi-fi question. I was going to bring my Tour on vacation to Atlantis in August. I was going to go on the Global plan for the week just for work mail and not make calls. If I take the Bold, turn off the mobile network, and were able to pick up wi-fi down there, would I still be able to get data without going on the global plan?

And what are my options from a wifi perspective for calls (I.e. Skype with some Skype out credit, etc...).

Calls would only be an emergency thing.....data is my only real pssible objective when I go if I don't just leave it home.....

Thanks!

06-19-10 03:23 PM
    I was in the same boat as both of you, I decided to just do it for a number of reasons:

1) Verizon is the Wal-Mart of cellphone companies
    2) Verizon customer service sucks, for the most part when I have dealt with them minus this time for the tour bold swap
    3) Verizon's plan's are way over priced

I know I am complaining about verizon and some people reading this will prolly say then change carriers, but they are the only one with coverage in my area.

Due to all the issues I have had with previous phones in the last year and issues with over the phone and in store customer service I figured it was time for them to pay me back. Also, they will prolly FRU all the tours and sell at discounted price, so even if your works fine someone else who really like's it or wants it will prolly end up with it.
    So what are you going to do if when they receive your working tour, realize you didnt have problems and that you should pay them for your replacement phone?

I mean, i dont know if they will or whatever, but i feel as though it may be a possibility.. anyone else curious about this?
    06-19-10 03:24 PM
    I am loving my bold I have recieved today, it is so much faster then my tour, it would take my tour 5 minutes to boot up. I have my bold set up like I did my tour and it boots up in about 2 minutes.
    06-19-10 03:25 PM
    So what are you going to do if when they receive your working tour, realize you didnt have problems and that you should pay them for your replacement phone?

I mean, i dont know if they will or whatever, but i feel as though it may be a possibility.. anyone else curious about this?
    What they do when they receive a phone back is wipe the memory clean, do a hardware test, reload software and put it in a new shell. That's what make an FRU. So nothing will happen...
    06-19-10 03:28 PM
    Medic, what are you shipping your Tour back in? If they sent you a retail box, then what are you supposed to ship your old device back in?
    06-19-10 03:32 PM
    What they do when they receive a phone back is wipe the memory clean, do a hardware test, reload software and put it in a new shell. That's what make an FRU. So nothing will happen...
    so they dont check if it actually had problems then, they just go straight through procedure? how do you know? i mean, i figure they are getting quite a bit all the time, and I doubt that the people that receive them really care to get into all of that.. but... then again im not sure, you know?

...basically im in the same boat, and now im like ehhh.... $500 seems like quite the gamble..
    06-19-10 03:32 PM
    Medic, what are you shipping your Tour back in? If they sent you a retail box, then what are you supposed to ship your old device back in?
    I kept the small brown box it came in, I just put my tour in the small plastic bag that my bold was in a put it back in big box they shipped my bold in.
    06-19-10 03:34 PM
    so they dont check if it actually had problems then, they just go straight through procedure? how do you know? i mean, i figure they are getting quite a bit all the time, and I doubt that the people that receive them really care to get into all of that.. but... then again im not sure, you know?

...basically im in the same boat, and now im like ehhh.... $500 seems like quite the gamble..
    That is what a Tech at the Wooster Ohio, store told me. They are a tech store and I asked him what makes a FRU, and how are they checked out, that is what he told me is the process. They can't check every phone for specfic issues because they get so many, so they just go by procedure on all phones.
    06-19-10 03:36 PM
    How are you guys getting tours replaced with bolds? i called and they wont replace my tour with a bold through the warranty,id either have to pay full price for a bold or get a refurbished tour
    06-19-10 03:36 PM
    So are they still sending out the bolds or did they get tours back in stock? I want the bold so bad haha

06-19-10 03:37 PM
2,047 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD