09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Mine is being overnighted and will be here Monday. Maybe we should do a post with what you should do when receiving the phone for newbies like me, it would help me so much to know how to wipe the old phone, etc.
    Wipe old phone:

1) remove SD card
    2)options -> Security -> Security Wipe
    3)check all boxes and type blackberry where it says to
    4)click wipe and let it do it's thing
    06-19-10 11:16 AM
    I am Getting a TOUR sent from Ontario. Sucks! Do you think if I say I got my original working and send the new one back, then wait a week or two and call back I could get a BOLD. Want that BOLD, Dammit!
    06-19-10 11:19 AM
    I am Getting a TOUR sent from Ontario. Sucks! Do you think if I say I got my original working and send the new one back, then wait a week or two and call back I could get a BOLD. Want that BOLD, Dammit!
    Being VZW does put comments on your account and they track the number's on the phone when you activate it, I would activate the new one, send old one back, then call and say that things are worse with your new one. This way it looks like in their system you gave it a shot.
    06-19-10 11:21 AM
    Good Idea! Thanks Medic!
    06-19-10 11:25 AM
    Just got my Tour a month ago and I'm still loving it. Went to Verizon yesterday to ask about a replacement battery door because mine was extremely loose and played with the new Bold. Very nice phone for sure. Easier for me to type on than my Tour too. Heard the guy say they were completely out of Tours, but they still had display models. Got my battery door fixed though and all is well. Never had a trackball problem here however. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 11:28 AM
    Called on Thursday and had my BOLD sent to me FedEx next day AM. I received it and the phone was not refurbished. As a matter of fact CS told me to use my Tour battery door and battery but I didn't need to. The BOLD came in a brown box (not the new Verizon Bold box). So far, this phone blows away the Tour (IMO). The trackpad is perfect and WiFi for me is very useful.
    06-19-10 11:35 AM
    interesting...i see you have .599 on the UPC which was the official Sprint OS...VzW was .732

is .599 on the phone as well?
    The OS that is installed on my bold after desktop manager updated it is5.5.5.699 (bundle 1196, platform 4.2.0.321)
    06-19-10 11:36 AM
    Dropped my tour on sunday called assurion they sent me a 9650 on tues. Signal sucks track pad is crooked. Browser is slow. My tour had all over this 9650. I hope its just the VZW os. I expected more from this device. I'm not impressed. Oh yea the bing browser SUCKS!!!!

06-19-10 11:40 AM
    Medic, is your trackpad crooked at all? I got the same packaging yesterday and while everything about the phone is perfect, this damn trackpad is driving me up the wall. I can't get my eyes off of it...
    06-19-10 11:54 AM
    How crooked is crooked? Mine seems pretty well aligned
    It's not THAT obvious, but if you look at it directly it is very noticeable.
    06-19-10 11:59 AM
    If I've already replaced my Tour with a Bold, can I still get my Tour replaced? I don't wish to return the Bold I have now, which I purchased under the BOGO. I assume they'll still honor the warranty if I'm the original owner regardless if it's currently not activated?
    06-19-10 12:04 PM
    Might wanna remove the pics and blur out your address..
    If you can read the address on that box you must have some amazing eyes! Or I haven't figured out how to zoom in from an attachment on CB!! LOL
    06-19-10 12:06 PM
    @lahnpim I'm thinking if you already upgraded your bold, and that's your active device, even quickly activating it and trying to get it replace would cause you more problems with customer service than you'd really want to deal with. You have a bold. you already solved your tour problem when you upgraded.
    06-19-10 12:19 PM
    So I called that 1800 number but my trackball has actually been doing okay. I want a new Bold but don't wanna feel guilty by being dishonest, because it does run okay. Any suggestions? (Preferably ethical)

06-19-10 12:26 PM
    So I called that 1800 number but my trackball has actually been doing okay. I want a new Bold but don't wanna feel guilty by being dishonest, because it does run okay. Any suggestions? (Preferably ethical)

i'm in the same situation. i'm on my second Tour but it's working fine. So, i'm not calling to get it replaced with a Bold. Since you're asking for suggestions, i'd say just ride it out with your Tour until upgrade time. By then, the Bold may be free or a better BlackBerry will be out! Tour is a decent BlackBerry.

06-19-10 12:36 PM
    I called yesterday at 12:00 and told csr that I was having problems with my track ball. She put me on hold and came back and said said she could replace it with a storm 2,curve or Bold. I chose the Bold and will receive it Tuesday. I called back last night to get a tracking number and ask the csr if they had ship me a Bold with a camera and he said no. He told me to refuse package and then call back and they will overnight me a Bold with camera. If you want a Bold with camera, make sure you tell them.
    06-19-10 12:38 PM

You over pay for your bill, you dont cost the company $100 a month to offer you service. If anyone should feel unethical, its cell carriers for ripping off every customer they have.
    06-19-10 12:38 PM
    @lahnpim I'm thinking if you already upgraded your bold, and that's your active device, even quickly activating it and trying to get it replace would cause you more problems with customer service than you'd really want to deal with. You have a bold. you already solved your tour problem when you upgraded.
    That shouldn't negate the warranty on my Tour though.
    06-19-10 12:50 PM
    the phone rang for 22 minutes...finally got a super nice rep from AZ at 8:30pm EST...stated my phone is still under warranty and am eligible for a replacement. he said warehouse was now closed for weekend but they were going to be sending me a new phone via fedex (courtesy of VzW) on monday...will be here wednesday. i didnt want to ask "what phone" and just let it go.

he never said tour or bold...i didnt ask. already on my 2nd tour...so even if i get another 9630 (making it my 3rd)...it will be better than this one. however...he said "new phone" so i can can only hope it will be a Bold.

i have a feeling...judging from many of the recent comments...that the jig is up. many are being told they are getting FRU 9630s. and being that the warehouse wont be shipping any orders placed this late until monday...it is logical to assume that the powers that be will be on to this whole thing in addition to the fact they will have 9630 fru's in by then.

fingers crossed!
    I was 15 min ahead of you... didn't say that I will get the bold or not but a replacement.. *crossing fingers*
    Yes!!!!!

I called about a min ago... to ask can I have my order expedited but she told me there no more Tour's. So my replacement wasn't even ordered; so I mention that the 1st rep said I would be ether getting a Tour or a Bold but she said "That's not usually are policy but I will check" and about a min. later she said I will be getting a Bold Tues. Afternoon !!!

For those who don't know what you are getting.. Call this number 866-406-5154 now !!!!! do it now before it's too late !!!

She said I was lucky for some reason.. Ugh Tuesday is gonna take forever
    06-19-10 12:55 PM
    I called yesterday night and the Rep said I would be receiving a BOLD. He said I would get it by Tuesday. I still have not received a tracking number. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried?
    yeah i got the same answer as u

the guy told me i would be getting a bold withthe trackpad and i will receive it on tuesday by 12pm

i will be soo upset if i get another tour (which would be my 3rd)
    but then i will calm down and relax and just call again and again until i get my issue resolved LOL
    06-19-10 12:57 PM
    Called today and they still had one tour in stock so im just going to call tomorrow and hope theyre out
    06-19-10 01:04 PM
    Would it be possible to just go to the store and get my tour replaced with a bold? Or is calling the number the best bet in this situation? I have actual trackball problems so they will see it clearly. I just refuse to accept a refurb because my mom and brother have had refurbs of other phones which have been in worse shape than the original. I'm currently on my 2nd tour.
    06-19-10 01:04 PM
    Waiting by the door for fed ex like a kid on xmas!
    06-19-10 01:07 PM
    So i just got off the phone with warranty center and they are replacing my tour with a bold rep told me currently out of stock on tours . my new bold ships monday will be here wed THANK YOU VERIZON
    06-19-10 01:08 PM
    i'm in the same situation. i'm on my second Tour but it's working fine. So, i'm not calling to get it replaced with a Bold. Since you're asking for suggestions, i'd say just ride it out with your Tour until upgrade time. By then, the Bold may be free or a better BlackBerry will be out! Tour is a decent BlackBerry.

Yeah but I gotta wait another year and a half. I may switch my number to the primary and get an upgrade at the beginning of the year or whatever.
    You over pay for your bill, you dont cost the company $100 a month to offer you service. If anyone should feel unethical, its cell carriers for ripping off every customer they have.
    True but I got to keep my Alltel plan so I'm paying a more reasonable amount ($60 for 900 minutes, $7.99 for 400 messages + unlimited F&F/m2m messages, $29.99 BIS, $9.99 add a line, $7.99 insurance).
    Would it be possible to just go to the store and get my tour replaced with a bold? Or is calling the number the best bet in this situation? I have actual trackball problems so they will see it clearly. I just refuse to accept a refurb because my mom and brother have had refurbs of other phones which have been in worse shape than the original. I'm currently on my 2nd tour.
    I would call that 1-800 number. They said they could replace mine if I actually had a failing trackball.
    06-19-10 01:10 PM
2,047 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD