09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 12345 ...
tools
    Sleepyrey are you telling people to commit fraud in order to get an new phone?
    That's the way I read into it.
    06-17-10 02:22 PM
    got a bold coming tomorrow!
    06-17-10 02:23 PM
    Why would I want a bold that has the same problems the tour has?
    06-17-10 02:26 PM
    They will not check your phone for issues when you return it so call away and get your BOLD!
    06-17-10 02:26 PM
    They will not check your phone for issues when you return it so call away and get your BOLD!
    How do you know this?
    06-17-10 02:41 PM
    How do you know this?
    +1

How could you possibly know that with any certainty? Even IF you worked for them in a returns capacity, you can't vouch for every VZ warehouse tech who processes returns...
    06-17-10 02:51 PM
    My blackberry tour keeps resetting. 5-6 Times a day. I called today in regards to a replacement. They told me the Tour was out of stock and I would have to wait until the next shipment came in to get my replacement Tour
    06-17-10 03:10 PM
    My blackberry tour keeps resetting. 5-6 Times a day. I called today in regards to a replacement. They told me the Tour was out of stock and I would have to wait until the next shipment came in to get my replacement Tour
    How long ago did you call?

Where are you located in the US
    06-17-10 03:11 PM
    Well u guys I called CS of verizon and I fake telling him that my tour trackball is not working ( even tho it is workin ) they told me they are out of stock and will send you a BOLD

Just call them n lie bout the trackball issue and that the blackberry is freezing up a lot and
    You will get the bold

Enjoys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is just wrong!!
    06-17-10 03:20 PM
    Tours being returned now are labeled discontinued devices and they won't be repaired. I called and my rep said "how about a curve as a replacement" so I said I would have to look at a curve. I need to call back with a reason why the curve won't do. Any Thoughts?
    06-17-10 03:23 PM
    Tours being returned now are labeled discontinued devices and they won't be repaired. I called and my rep said "how about a curve as a replacement" so I said I would have to look at a curve. I need to call back with a reason why the curve won't do. Any Thoughts?
    Significant downgrade from the Tour.

That's all the ammo you should need.
    06-17-10 03:25 PM
    the curve has lower screen resolution and bad camera..
    06-17-10 03:27 PM
    I am located in Pittsburgh and I called about 2 hours ago.. They said they would call me tomorrow and let me know when the new tours would be in ans when they can send my replacement
    06-17-10 03:33 PM
    No new tours in monroeville, pittsburgh mills, etc. They will call u with a bold. I'm in pgh too
    06-17-10 03:37 PM
    I hope so He said he will call me tomorrow with any news.
    06-17-10 03:50 PM
    Mine was shipped out but arriving on Monday instead of tomorrow. Was hoping they would overnight it, but Im happy to be getting it at all!
    06-17-10 03:59 PM
    +1

How could you possibly know that with any certainty? Even IF you worked for them in a returns capacity, you can't vouch for every VZ warehouse tech who processes returns...
    I work for verizon and i know for a fact they dont. They dont even keep track of the phones. all they do is check for water damage upon reception and then send it off to get refurbished.
    06-17-10 04:00 PM
    You think VZ has a deal with RIM where RIM gives them a credit back for each Tour returned with trackball issues? I bought mine in August 2009 and went to the store with trackball issues this winter and no questions asked they sent me a new one, and I don't have insurance on the phone.
    06-17-10 04:24 PM
    I called mentioned the trackball issue (which I don't really have, I actually love my Tour but apparently must feed the addiction?) went through some battery pulls and blah blah and then was sent to tech support. They did the same, said they were sending me out a refurb Tour and after a few minutes on hold she apologized and said 'sorry I'm only able to send you the new bold' so it's overnight shipped and will be here tomorrow.
    06-17-10 04:30 PM
    Does Verizon really think a World capable (CDMA and GSM) phone can be adequately substituted by an entry level CDMA-only device? ISTM the equivalent dual mode devices would be 9550 or 9650.
    06-17-10 04:43 PM
    I called mentioned the trackball issue (which I don't really have, I actually love my Tour but apparently must feed the addiction?) went through some battery pulls and blah blah and then was sent to tech support. They did the same, said they were sending me out a refurb Tour and after a few minutes on hold she apologized and said 'sorry I'm only able to send you the new bold' so it's overnight shipped and will be here tomorrow.
    I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the issue to tell them with the trackball?
    When going through with the tech support what do you tell them when they say try this?
    06-17-10 04:45 PM
    Significant downgrade from the Tour.

That's all the ammo you should need.
    Agreed the Curve is a downgrade compared to the tour no doubt. It, 8530 anyway, is a great phone and runs real smooth with the OS5.0 and trackpad on it, but it still feels cheap in my opinion. If you can get the Bold, go for it, it is sweet!!!!
    Last edited by olemil; 06-17-10 at 04:53 PM.
    06-17-10 04:45 PM
    Wow it sounds like Verizon is really handing out the new Bolds. But I guess if they are out of refurb's there really isn't a whole lot they can do. Guess I will wait till Oct. when my year is up and just upgrade. I can't give up my Tour since it has been a reliable workhorse to say the least, plus I'm enjoying the world of hybrids too much....LOL. Let us know how you like the new Bold.
    06-17-10 04:50 PM
    called again and they said they would send new TOUR which I know they don't have. Waiting to see if they call back and say it will be a BOLD. Fingers Crossed!
    06-17-10 05:04 PM
    called again and they said they would send new TOUR which I know they don't have. Waiting to see if they call back and say it will be a BOLD. Fingers Crossed!
    How can we be sure they are out of them?
    06-17-10 05:05 PM
2,047 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD