09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    The tech guy I talked to said that I was getting Bolds as replacements to address known issues with the Tour. The first CSR I talked to on Weds said the Tours were out of stock.
    My $ is on the tech guy.
    Funny side note to all of this, my son's Tour was the one that started all of this a week ago. I have the replacement Bold here and it is just sitting there in the package. Why? I was going to use it as my phone and give him my Tour, but since all 3 of us are getting replacements, I can't switch to his, I have to wait for mine to come in on Weds. Not to mention that my son is out of town this weekend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 10:39 AM
    Ok so what about SIM if you get a brand new in box. Do you swap or does it not matter?

Also, is the battery exactly the same or could the Bold battery be same form factor but higher capacity?

06-19-10 10:47 AM
    Just called VZW got my tracking number, it's 1LB and is being shipped from Fort Worth. Tour or Bold?
    06-19-10 10:49 AM
    Ok so what about SIM if you get a brand new in box. Do you swap or does it not matter?

Also, is the battery exactly the same or could the Bold battery be same form factor but higher capacity?

if you look at spec the tour and the bold use the same battery. As for SIM, if have no idea. I think someone needs to call tech support and make sure.
    06-19-10 10:50 AM
    I believe the SIM has to stay with the phones. So if your BOLD comes with a SIM, keep that and send your tour with the old SIM card.
    At least thats how it was when i swapped my TOUR one time.
    06-19-10 10:57 AM
    Just a reminder if you have anything saved on your SIM, make sure to erase it. Do a device wipe also before sending tour back.
    06-19-10 10:59 AM
    Just a reminder if you have anything saved on your SIM, make sure to erase it. Do a device wipe also before sending tour back.
    Forget that. Any phone you send back should be wiped. You don't know what the VZW privacy policy is.

I work at a electronics retailer and trust me, I've seen customers who don't wipe their stuff. Just do the wipe once your stuff is transferred
    06-19-10 11:02 AM
    Forget that. Any phone you send back should be wiped. You don't know what the VZW privacy policy is.

I work at a electronics retailer and trust me, I've seen customers who don't wipe their stuff. Just do the wipe once your stuff is transferred
    good addition
    06-19-10 11:03 AM
    So, don't understand why VZW is the only one to have so many bad tours. Aren't they all made in 1 or 2 places and they just change the nameplate and keep pushing them out?
    06-19-10 11:08 AM
    So, don't understand why VZW is the only one to have so many bad tours. Aren't they all made in 1 or 2 places and they just change the nameplate and keep pushing them out?
    Other networks have also had problems with the tour, you just hear more from verizon since they are the "wal-Mart" of cell phone providers. Plus they are the only one that are offering the bold's to replace the tour since they are out of stock of the tours.
    06-19-10 11:11 AM
    Some of the problems are software related (i.e browser click issue, trackball issue). I guess it just happens. We all know that when they pushed out .591, there were some problems that they didn't fix. Sure the browser click issue was fixed in .732, but for others like myself, our problems (my bluetooth won't turn on) is all hardware.
    06-19-10 11:11 AM
    just got my bold, stand-by for pics and info
    06-19-10 11:34 AM
    just got my bold, stand-by for pics and info
    standing by...
    06-19-10 11:35 AM
    just got off the horn with vzw rep, new bold is coming on wednesday. **** yeah
    06-19-10 11:38 AM
    i work in IT and our company has about 50 blackberry tour's through verizon. one of my users has been complaining about the signal on his Tour constantly flipping between 1x and 1xEV. i pulled a spare (refurb) tour out of my desk and updated it and activated it for him and he is now a happy camper with a properly working phone.

i called verizon and ordered a replacement since it was still under warranty, they told me that they were out of tour replacement but if it was ok they are going to send the new bold. i said "SURE! i think when i get i will do an ESN change on my phone because someone has to test to make sure it works with all the company resources right?"

then i came on here to see if others had the same experience and sure enough there is a whole thread on it.

i think i will be calling verizon again on monday so i can swap out some more phones as i have some other whiny users ******** about little problems but dont want the "same phone with the same issues, so i'll just deal with it"
    06-19-10 11:43 AM
    um wrong!!!! verizon is too selling it!!! your not looking in the right spot......here look.......Enter your location
    I checked that same link,,, clicked buy Tour

Says that the Tours are OUT OF STOCK!!!
    06-19-10 11:50 AM
    Mine is 3 pounds coming from Fort Worth, TX does this mean anything?
    06-19-10 11:56 AM
    OK, everyone I have been dieing to post this ever since I first came across this Thread. I hope my post helps people with their conversions. I will start from the beginning.

When I first read this thread, I was surprised to see that Verizon is doing something for their customers as I have never had any success with Verizon in a timely manner. I called in and explained about a trackball issue after the most recent tour update. After 30minutes my order was placed. The tech rep waived all fees for the overnight Saturday deliver. About 6 hours later I called VZW back to get my tracking number.

Well as you can see in the pictures my phone is an FRU, battery door came with it, but no battery (which I was told) I have a seidio extended life battery for my tour and it fit's in the bold. I do notice that the tour has a side lock for the SD card, but the Bold does not. The bold does have the BB 3G icon that everyone wants in themes. I just activated it and am playing with it to get everything moved from tour to my new bold. Below are pictures of the unpacking.

Package was 1 pound and came from TX

Sorry I only posted 2 pic's, these are the best out of the ones I took.
    06-19-10 11:56 AM
    plugged bold in to computer and it requested 5.0 update
    06-19-10 12:00 PM
    do you think verizon is going to stop selling the tour all together?? i just looked on the verizon website and both the camera and non camera versions are OUT OF STOCK.

seems like they want to get rid of this device and its issues all together
    06-19-10 12:08 PM
    *snip*

Might wanna remove the pics and blur out your address..
    OK, everyone I have been dieing to post this ever since I first came across this Thread. I hope my post helps people with their conversions. I will start from the beginning.

When I first read this thread, I was surprised to see that Verizon is doing something for their customers as I have never had any success with Verizon in a timely manner. I called in and explained about a trackball issue after the most recent tour update. After 30minutes my order was placed. The tech rep waived all fees for the overnight Saturday deliver. About 6 hours later I called VZW back to get my tracking number.

Well as you can see in the pictures my phone is an FRU, battery door came with it, but no battery (which I was told) I have a seidio extended life battery for my tour and it fit's in the bold. I do notice that the tour has a side lock for the SD card, but the Bold does not. The bold does have the BB 3G icon that everyone wants in themes. I just activated it and am playing with it to get everything moved from tour to my new bold. Below are pictures of the unpacking.

Package was 1 pound and came from TX

interesting...i see you have .599 on the UPC which was the official Sprint OS...VzW was .732

is .599 on the phone as well?
    Called in, complained about my track ball getting stuck horizontally and having problems clicking when I was on the browser. Did ZERO trouble shooting and the rep just said yup we know there is a problem we will send you a tour. Over night no charge, the tech rep I talked to also said that a Blackberry rep had been to one of Verizon's warehouses and said they would restock the tour supply the next day, but instead Blackberry called Verizon and instructed them to replace ALL Tours with Bolds. Hope its true and hope this helps. Mine will be here Monday!
    06-19-10 12:09 PM
    I don't know about the OS on phone, it is updating right now through desktop manager.
    06-19-10 12:13 PM
    Mine is being overnighted and will be here Monday. Maybe we should do a post with what you should do when receiving the phone for newbies like me, it would help me so much to know how to wipe the old phone, etc.
    06-19-10 12:14 PM
2,047 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD