09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    so RIM has a 1yr warranty, if I bought mine through Best Buy who would handle the warranty issues, Verizon, RIM, or Best Buy?

thanks!
    I bought my Tour through Best Buy, and when the tb went belly up on day 33 of ownership I called verizon and they sent me a brand new unit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 07:54 AM
    IIRC the rep told me that I would keep my battery and cover since they are the same.
    So I will be confused if I receive a new battery and cover. I guess just being greedy and wanting to keep a spare battery.
    Mine hasn't arrived and I am already confused. I guess I could just put all the stuff back with the Tour and keep the new stuff. Maybe I should call and ask when it arrives.

06-19-10 08:10 AM
    BTW, I am curious......has this thread now passed the "Kim Kardashian has a blackberry" thread yet???

06-19-10 08:11 AM
    Good question there. If NIB, I guess I would have to dig out all of my accessories.........no biggie......

Bold and Tour accessories are the same. Just put the Tour with the Bold accessories and ship it back.
    06-19-10 08:26 AM
    Tried calling twice this morning and the csr told me both times to bring my tour to a local store where a technician can check it out. Looks like my chances of getting a new BOLD are slowly diminishing....
    06-19-10 08:27 AM
    Well I just looked at the fedex website and my bold is arriving today by noon. I will post back when I get it and let you know if it's new or FRU and share my experience with this process.
    06-19-10 08:28 AM
    Tried calling twice this morning and the csr told me both times to bring my tour to a local store where a technician can check it out. Looks like my chances of getting a new BOLD are slowly diminishing....
    Call tech support not Customer service. Tell Tech support that your trackball stopped working after recent update and that you can only scroll up and down not side to side.

They will have you do a battery pull and rub BB on you leg to clear dirty, tell tech it still doesn't work, then they will ask you to go to the options menu, tell them you can't get to the options menu because you can't scroll left or right, and presto, bold on it's way. At least that's what I did and it worked.
    06-19-10 08:31 AM
    I called yesterday night and the Rep said I would be receiving a BOLD. He said I would get it by Tuesday. I still have not received a tracking number. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried?
    06-19-10 08:31 AM
    I called yesterday night and the Rep said I would be receiving a BOLD. He said I would get it by Tuesday. I still have not received a tracking number. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried?
    call verizon, they should have tracking number now. I didn't get anything till I called back to see if they recieved it. Don't be worried I am sure they are very busy shipping a lot of BOLDs
    06-19-10 08:33 AM
    Call tech support not Customer service. Tell Tech support that your trackball stopped working after recent update and that you can only scroll up and down not side to side.

They will have you do a battery pull and rub BB on you leg to clear dirty, tell tech it still doesn't work, then they will ask you to go to the options menu, tell them you can't get to the options menu because you can't scroll left or right, and presto, bold on it's way. At least that's what I did and it worked.
    Sorry for askin a dumb question but whats the technical support number?
    I went through an automated messaging system which I thought brought me to tech support...maybe I'm wrong? Is there a more direct approach?
    06-19-10 08:37 AM
    I just called and they said they are going to send me a Blackberry Bold with the new charger and battery, however I am suppose to keep the battery cover of my Tour for the new Bold because the customer service rep said she couldn't find a battery cover. However, she claimed her supervisor said the battery cover of the tour would fit the new Bold. Does anyone know if this is true? I mean from what I have seen of the new Bold it looks like it. So I am not sure if the Bold they are sending me is "new", since it doesn't have a battery cover, but I'll take it because anything will be better then the track ball and not having to pay for a replacement.

But if anyone can confirm if my battery cover of my tour is going to fit my new Bold please let me know thanks guys! And what is the FRU label everyone is talking about? And thanks to all who posted on this!

Just have to wait till Tuesday!
    06-19-10 08:37 AM
    I just called and they said they are going to send me a Blackberry Bold with the new charger and battery, however I am suppose to keep the battery cover of my Tour for the new Bold because the customer service rep said she couldn't find a battery cover. However, she claimed her supervisor said the battery cover of the tour would fit the new Bold. Does anyone know if this is true? I mean from what I have seen of the new Bold it looks like it. So I am not sure if the Bold they are sending me is "new", since it doesn't have a battery cover, but I'll take it because anything will be better then the track ball and not having to pay for a replacement.

But if anyone can confirm if my battery cover of my tour is going to fit my new Bold please let me know thanks guys! And what is the FRU label everyone is talking about? And thanks to all who posted on this!

Just have to wait till Tuesday!
    My buddies at work have the Bold & Tour and the covers work fine with each. I can tell you, I'm on my 5th Tour in 3 months, so I'm pretty happy that mine will be here on Monday. I had gone into a VZW store on the 9th and they told me that I had to get another Tour and teh Bold was not out. You should've seen the look on the sales reps face when I walked him over to THEIR demo Bold and told him to stop BS'ing me
    06-19-10 08:41 AM
    Sorry for askin a dumb question but whats the technical support number?
    I went through an automated messaging system which I thought brought me to tech support...maybe I'm wrong? Is there a more direct approach?
    Unfortunately I don't have the direct tech support number, call the CSR number that you have and tell them you are trying to get to tech support because you are having trackball problems. They should then transfer you to a tech support rep.

Also to add to my other post tell them you did a battery pull after install of update and after you noticed the problem with your track ball.
    06-19-10 08:42 AM
    My buddies at work have the Bold & Tour and the covers work fine with each. I can tell you, I'm on my 5th Tour in 3 months, so I'm pretty happy that mine will be here on Monday. I had gone into a VZW store on the 9th and they told me that I had to get another Tour and teh Bold was not out. You should've seen the look on the sales reps face when I walked him over to THEIR demo Bold and told him to stop BS'ing me
    That's so awesome. I bet his face was priceless. Thanks so much for letting me know. Now I just have till Tuesday till I get the Bold. I can't wait to be done with the track ball. Originally when she told me that she couldn't "find" the battery cover for the Bold she is sending, that she could send me a brand new Tour I politely asked if I could wait till a battery cover was found or what else could be done since I didn't want to again deal with trackball issues in the future. That's when she came back and said to keep my current battery door cover. I can't wait!!

BTW, can you explain what this FRU label is all about?
    06-19-10 08:48 AM
    Well I just looked at the fedex website and my bold is arriving today by noon. I will post back when I get it and let you know if it's new or FRU and share my experience with this process.
    Medic,
    Maybe you can help me out. Where is your's being shipped from and what weight is it? I'm getting mine on Monday from Tx and weight is 3lbs, so I'm pretty curious.
    06-19-10 08:49 AM
    I don't understand how they have so many FRU to send if the Bold just came out not to long ago.
    06-19-10 08:49 AM
    I have never received a tracking number either , So I called back and they gave it to me.
    06-19-10 08:50 AM
    Medic,
    Maybe you can help me out. Where is your's being shipped from and what weight is it? I'm getting mine on Monday from Tx and weight is 3lbs, so I'm pretty curious.
    mine came from TX also, they sent it priority overnight and waived all fee's for having it sent overnight and delivered on a Saturday. Original when I looked it said 3 lbs but just checked and it says 1 lb, don't know why the weight changed. Mine should be here by noon which is 2 hours away. The longest 2 hours of my life.
    06-19-10 08:51 AM
    Here is a screen shot of my fedex shipping screen.
    06-19-10 08:55 AM
    Mine is being shipped from Ontario, California. According to FedEx it is 2 pounds, and should be here on Monday. The rep on the phone told me the battery and battery door would work from my Tour so I ASSUME I won't be getting those in the box, but 2 pounds almost sounds like full retail box with accessories? We'll see I guess!
    06-19-10 08:57 AM
    I'm still 3lbs, as is my brothers. We will see what is happening very soon. Just happy that this opportunity came
    06-19-10 09:13 AM
    How can you tell if the phone is brand new or if it's a FRU? Mine is coming on Tuesday.
    06-19-10 09:18 AM
    I'm still confused, I called yesterday around 7:30pm EST and they said they will send me a replacement of the same phone. She never mentioned a bold or the tours being out of stock. So what will I get?
    06-19-10 09:19 AM
    I'm still confused, I called yesterday around 7:30pm EST and they said they will send me a replacement of the same phone. She never mentioned a bold or the tours being out of stock. So what will I get?
    It depends what they had in stock when you called. Call them back and ask what they sent, and ask for your tracking number.

if it means anything i called yesterday at about 2:45 pm est and got a bold.

P.S. I love how this thread has sky rocketed, its hilarious.
    06-19-10 09:26 AM
    +1 Bold replacement for Tour. "Wednesday" arrival.

I actually had a legitimate issue - my camera had a red/purple hue on the left side, but was too lazy to do anything until yesterday.
    06-19-10 09:34 AM
2,047 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD