09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Wow! After verizon has replaced tons of tours for trackballs, and are now replacing with bolds, Sprint denies its covered under warranty? I like underdogs, but they will never stop bleeding subs if they don't stop that stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 06:05 AM
    Tried the same thing with Sprint, figured they may jump on the band wagon too. Got no where. Customer service on the first call pretty much told me to go pound sand and that the trackball was not covered and if it did not work I could buy a Bold for 500 or I could wait until my contract was up for an upgrade in December. Second call told me to go to the sprint store and have the trackball replaced. Told me that it is not covered under the warranty and I could not claim it to the insurance. Insurance told me that unless the screen was broken or something else they could only give me a refurb Tour. So, I am SOL. Good news for the Verizon people! Sprint customers, not so much. Any other Sprint people have any luck?
    As far as this thread is concerned, there has not been one account of someone with sprint being able to get a warranty replacement for a Bold.
    Last edited by wrwrx; 06-19-10 at 06:08 AM.
    06-19-10 06:06 AM
    So from what I can gather so far, shipments sent out via fort worth, TX and Ontario, Canada the shipping weight is 3lbs.. If it ships from West Chester, PA the weight seems to be 2lbs.. These would be for the OEM box w/ the original accessories.

The Bold in the FRU brown box seems to be pegged in the 1lb. range. Some people are reporting that they are receiving just the phone with nothing else, where as others are reporting the phone includes a new battery door.
    Mine shipped yesterday from Ontario and weights 2.0 lbs. I hope I get the all brand new version.........
    06-19-10 06:21 AM
    Kudos to the CB user who brought light to this issue!! For months I been putting up with my trackball issues. I came across this post yesterday and immediately went to the vzw store by my job after work yesterday and they told me they are sold out throughout the country of the tour and are going to be sending me the bold. Can't wait.
    06-19-10 06:30 AM
    I just called and tried my luck but unfortunately have a FRU Tour coming to my house on Wednesday :/

I called last night at 8 and got a Tour (see above). I called this morning (7AM, Delaware) and inquired about the shipping number, specifically what unit I would be receiving. He said it would have to be the Bold because they are out of Tours, so I asked him to check my order. Sure enough it said I'd be getting a FRU 9630 Tour. He said they must have gotten a shipment last night. I asked him to check the current supply of FRU Tours and after about 2 minutes he said they were out and would be sending Bolds again. Couldn't get him to change my order though. Time to cancel this one because I "fixed" the problem by downgrading software and then call right back to complain. If you didn't have luck yesterday give it a try now. It couldn't hurt.

EDIT: 7:45
    I just called to cancel my order and the woman said once an order has been sent it can't be cancelled (seems strange). I have to wait until Wednesday to refuse the package and ask FedEX to return to sender. Long wait til Wednesday (or later) to try again. if you had trouble getting the Bold yesterday but didn't place an order give it a try now. The worst you can do is hang up on them.
    Last edited by tturner23; 06-19-10 at 06:47 AM.
    06-19-10 06:31 AM
    Gotta admit, this crooked trackpad is starting to annoy me. How in the world does something like that get off the production line?
    How crooked is crooked? Mine seems pretty well aligned
    06-19-10 06:43 AM
    Mine shipped from Texas and is 1.0 lbs.

The annoying thing is that the rep gave me two day shipping (i didnt get to ask her about overnight) and the phone has been sitting at the fed ex center in texas since 7PM on Thursday. I want to play with my new toy!
    06-19-10 06:46 AM
    My wife's tour has had some trackball issues (mine hasn't) so I'm thinking of calling to get hers replaced. However, she has a bunch of cases that wouldn't fit the bold. Could I switch devices that are associated with each line?

Sorry if this is a stupid questions, feel free to ignore or flame.
    06-19-10 06:53 AM
    im sorry if this is a dumb question but i just wanted to make sure. did you call the 1800# for customer service or your verizon store that you go to?
    06-19-10 07:01 AM
    My wife's tour has had some trackball issues (mine hasn't) so I'm thinking of calling to get hers replaced. However, she has a bunch of cases that wouldn't fit the bold. Could I switch devices that are associated with each line?

Sorry if this is a stupid questions, feel free to ignore or flame.
    Although I think you're trolling this thread here are some various answers:

LOL answer: Get the Bold they are offering you and I'll trade you my FRU Tour they are sending me Wednesday.

Kind of serious answer: Some people have been saying that some reps are giving them cases and chargers for the Bold 9650 if they had them for the 9630. But that was a few days ago.

Most serious answer: Try a couple times a day for a week and (if it doesn't happen the first time) they'll eventually have FRU Tours in stock. It appears that the Tour for Bold Warranty Replacement Plan isn't permanent.
    Last edited by tturner23; 06-19-10 at 07:07 AM.
    06-19-10 07:02 AM
    coming from texas on tuesday, 3lbs. i cant wait!!
    06-19-10 07:02 AM
    Although I think you're trolling this thread here are some various answers:

LOL answer: Get the Bold they are offering you and I'll trade you my FRU Tour they are sending me Wednesday.

Kind of serious answer: Some people have been saying that some reps are giving them cases and chargers for the Bold 9650 if they had them for the 9630. But that was a few days ago.

Most serious answer: Try a couple times a day for a week and (if it doesn't happen the first time) they'll eventually have FRU Tours in stock. It appears that the Tour Replacement Plan (TRP) is permanent.
    Thanks for the answers... I do want the Bold (for me!) and want to give her my Tour... so I just want to be able to switch devices on the lines. Is that possible?
    06-19-10 07:05 AM
    im sorry if this is a dumb question but i just wanted to make sure. did you call the 1800# for customer service or your verizon store that you go to?
    Definitely call unless you have serious issues that an in-store rep thinks deserves a replacement. Some people claim this number (1-866-406-5154) works more offen than other numbers but it didn't work so well for me.
    06-19-10 07:05 AM
    would they still send a replacement then? or do the individual stores send for the replacement?
    06-19-10 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the answers... I do want the Bold (for me!) and want to give her my Tour... so I just want to be able to switch devices on the lines. Is that possible?
    Like replace her Tour with the Bold then go to a Verizon store and have them switch the numbers on the phone so that you have her Bold and she has your Tour... Definitely possible. I've done this before to take my brothers upgrade that he didn't want.
    06-19-10 07:10 AM
    Like replace her Tour with the Bold then go to a Verizon store and have them switch the numbers on the phone so that you have her Bold and she has your Tour... Definitely possible. I've done this before to take my brothers upgrade that he didn't want.
    Awesome! Thanks!!
    06-19-10 07:11 AM
    vrz is sending me 2 bold replacement. I called yesterday
    at 930am and was instantly approved on both for BOLDS.
    They are coming from fort worth TX. The 1st one was
    Sat overnight 1.0 lbs the second one is Tuesday 3.0 lb

Theory SAT overnight is so expensive they sent the lighter package
    Tues is two day so they sent the bigger box brand new.

The order were place at same time fed ex picked up the sat at 10.18am
    Tues was picked up at 11.00am
    06-19-10 07:12 AM
    would they still send a replacement then? or do the individual stores send for the replacement?
    I've gotten 3 replacements over 10 or so months through the 866 and 800 numbers. Even if you go to the store they still contact the same warehouses to send you the phone. Probably easier to just call and the outcome will be the same.
    06-19-10 07:14 AM
    how do you know the difference between a new and FRU label?
    because a FRU device clearly says FRU
    06-19-10 07:23 AM
    If I get the BOLD in the new package with battery and battery cover, would I still need to send my old battery and cover back with the TOUR? You think they will know what package I got?
    06-19-10 07:30 AM
    so RIM has a 1yr warranty, if I bought mine through Best Buy who would handle the warranty issues, Verizon, RIM, or Best Buy?

thanks!
    06-19-10 07:32 AM
    If I get the BOLD in the new package with battery and battery cover, would I still need to send my old battery and cover back with the TOUR? You think they will know what package I got?
    If they send you a box to put your old phone/accesories in, yes, you would need to send it back or they would charge you some type of fee.
    Last edited by Mitso; 08-24-11 at 08:20 PM.
    06-19-10 07:40 AM
    Good question there. If NIB, I guess I would have to dig out all of my accessories.........no biggie......

06-19-10 07:48 AM
    Mine shipped yesterday from Ontario and weights 2.0 lbs. I hope I get the all brand new version.........
    Well there goes that theory. =)

06-19-10 07:50 AM
    If they send you a box to put your old phone/accesories in, yes, you would need to send it back or they would charge you some type of free.
    IIRC the rep told me that I would keep my battery and cover since they are the same.
    So I will be confused if I receive a new battery and cover. I guess just being greedy and wanting to keep a spare battery.
    06-19-10 07:54 AM
2,047 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD