09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Complaining that your blackberry isn't working and being swapped into a new blackberry has always been the easiest way of getting into a new blackberry.... The only blackberry I've paid for with Verizon was the original Storm..and now i have a Storm 2....
    06-18-10 11:35 PM
    i got my bold today... came in a FRU box... but the label on the BB is NOT a FRU label... it is a NEW BB
    06-18-10 11:37 PM
    FYI...

Tours with cameras are in stock on VZW's website.
    really i just now checked there web page and tours with camera are out of stock and tours WITH OUT cameras are in stock...... scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page and youll see
    06-18-10 11:41 PM
    I went into a VZW store last Monday, (June 14th), for battery & trackball issues. They started the warranty process and by Wednesday, (June 16th), my new (refurbished) Tour arrived. I read this story today and was like "Dang it! Dang it! Dang it!". I told myself that I am OK with my Tour, and that was that. Well tonight, my trackball went out. (I DID NOT SABOTAGE IT!). We all know that the trackball malfunctioning on a BlackBerry is NOT far fetched by any means. I thought, "What they hey" and called Verizon to let them know the phone I got under warranty was defective. First he looked for inventory at my local stores, then at the central warehouse. He said that they were still completely out of Tours. He put me on hold for 2 minutes, and when he came back he said, "Ok... How about this!" I knew instantly what happened! "How about this! We are going to send you a NEW BlackBerry Bold!" I said it was fine with me. (He said it would be new, not refurbished or used.) I should have it by next Wednesday. Hopefully the BB Gods smiled upon me for not committing fraud and the phone giving up by itself. Of course, until Wednesday I've got a Blackberry that doesn't scroll down or right, but I've got a Motorola Droid I can use in the mean time. But as a die-hard Crackberry addict, it will be a slow 5 days, as I just can't deal with daily life without my BlackBerry in it!.

So to make a long story short (I know, too late). My Tour messed up, no Tours to replace, I get a new Bold!
    06-18-10 11:44 PM
    i jumped on the bold bandwagon today...said i would have it monday. but i have no shipping confirmation..I hope i dont get snaked! any thoughts??
    06-18-10 11:45 PM
    really i just now checked there web page and tours with camera are out of stock and tours WITH OUT cameras are in stock...... scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page and youll see
    I second that.. It is STILL out of stock..
    06-18-10 11:46 PM
    i jumped on the bold bandwagon today...said i would have it monday. but i have no shipping confirmation..I hope i dont get snaked! any thoughts??
    I didn't get an email right away, I only got one when the order actually shipped. I think you are okay.
    BTW my. Bold was in the brown cardboard and it was 1 lb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:53 PM
    Is there anyway I can find out within the OS itself if the phone is a refurb? Also, how can I find the build date?
    The build date is on the label under the battery.
    06-18-10 11:57 PM
    yeah me too... the first guy said they are going to send me a tour and he said if i continue having trouble with the trackball and freezing they will send me a new tour every time i call in regarding the issues until i get one that no longer has issues. but then that rep told me i had a balance and they can't send me anything until i pay my balance.

so i went to pay my balance and then i called again and asked to be transferred to tech support and the next guy was awesome.

he said that there are no tours in stock and he would have to replace my tour with the "tour 2/bold" he told me its the same as the tour and told me thing that are different between the two. then he said if i didn't like it to send it back and they will order me a tour.

I love Big Red... can't say it enough

yea he said with no questions i have a small balance (90$) but its due by july 8th. i have perfect pmt history and never had a late pmt or past due balance. they help you if you give them money lol. thats what i get them with every time by saying ive been with them for years and never had a past due balance.
    06-18-10 11:58 PM
    I have a replacement being shipped, they never told me they were out of stock on the tours, do you think I will end up getting a Bold?
    06-18-10 11:59 PM
    yes ull get a bold, the guy told me he put in the code for a bold. he said it was gona be a referb but i dont care. i even have a manager that said she will auth an early upgrade for me too lol. but i dont need it now.
    06-19-10 12:03 AM
    Oh okay. She never even mentioned me getting a Bold, she just went over the disclaimer and said my replacement is on the way.

I really want the Bold
    Last edited by Hyphnx; 06-19-10 at 12:16 AM.
    06-19-10 12:08 AM
    Just now got off the phone with VZW. I'm on my 5th replacement tour and this one has trackball problems too. I was on the phone with the tech support guy for 5 minutes and he said he is sending me a new bold because tours are out of stock!
    06-19-10 12:16 AM
    Ugggh. So, no Bold for me?
    06-19-10 12:19 AM
    i got my bold today... came in a FRU box... but the label on the BB is NOT a FRU label... it is a NEW BB
    how do you know the difference between a new and FRU label?
    06-19-10 12:20 AM
    I have an opinion on these like-new replacements. The 9650 was by all accounts due in February, called the Tour2. At the last minute (really last minute) it was decided to change the name to Bold. Even CX missed this one, and he is the most reliable source CB has.
    My hypothesis is the Tour2 was already in production, and production was halted to make the change. The tour2's that had been made already would have to had been unboxed, taken apart, and reconfigured as a Bold. These would be the brown box like-new replacements.
    Its just a theory of course, but anyone who has been following the 9650 forum is well used to speculation by now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 12:22 AM
    I already upgraded to the Bold doing a BOGO + my annual upgrade and I'm ok with how I did that. My question is, now that my 9630 is no longer being used, can I still have it replaced under warranty despite the fact it's not currently being used?
    06-19-10 12:27 AM
    I still wonder if I will get a Bold
    06-19-10 12:55 AM
    my wifes trackball has been going out for the past two weeks and when i saw this i called customer support for her to get the bold sent out .they tried to send her a storm 2 which she wants a keyboard ....so they said they were outta bold batteries and couldnt send us a phone without a battery? which is really wierd ... so i said ok what are u gonna do? customer support is gonna call some store for us to go pick one up maybe on sunday but i will be busy with fathers day stuff so i called em back and complained that they couldn't just mail me one ? when i hung up wife and i talked about it and shes getting a new envy 3 and leaving blackberry...soooo anyway ....i just turned my tour white tonight kinda excitting. housing is flawless and great fit love it .and then i'm downloading new storm o.s. kinda berry overload lol
    06-19-10 01:12 AM
    What other excuses can I use, other than intermittent track ball problems? It seems that the browser click issue was corrected in .732
    06-19-10 01:14 AM
    What other excuses can I use, other than intermittent track ball problems? It seems that the browser click issue was corrected in .732

poor audio on the other end(people say what? can't here u? ur breaking up,, hold ur phone to ur mouth). and say u have to glue it to ur face for people to hear u correctly, also signal strength fluctuates,

constant reboots is common in ths os update that is just out. dropped calls maybe? i donno, be creative. search the issues here. ..
    06-19-10 02:06 AM
    poor audio on the other end(people say what? can't here u? ur breaking up,, hold ur phone to ur mouth). and say u have to glue it to ur face for people to hear u correctly, also signal strength fluctuates,

constant reboots is common in ths os update that is just out. dropped calls maybe? i donno, be creative. search the issues here. ..
    This is true for each and every tour I have ever had!! and I used the trackball scenario!!
    06-19-10 02:12 AM
    I'm so glad I read this post. My track was acting up, and placed a call tonight and now I have a Bold arriving on Monday. Just like everyone else, called up Verizon told them about the track ball and w/o hassle the rep gave me the choice of either go into a Verizon store and have them fix the trackball or we'll send you a Bold...no brainer! I love you Verizon and fellow Crackberryians!
    06-19-10 02:28 AM
    Tried the same thing with Sprint, figured they may jump on the band wagon too. Got no where. Customer service on the first call pretty much told me to go pound sand and that the trackball was not covered and if it did not work I could buy a Bold for 500 or I could wait until my contract was up for an upgrade in December. Second call told me to go to the sprint store and have the trackball replaced. Told me that it is not covered under the warranty and I could not claim it to the insurance. Insurance told me that unless the screen was broken or something else they could only give me a refurb Tour. So, I am SOL. Good news for the Verizon people! Sprint customers, not so much. Any other Sprint people have any luck?
    06-19-10 05:32 AM
    So from what I can gather so far, shipments sent out via fort worth, TX and Ontario, Canada the shipping weight is 3lbs.. If it ships from West Chester, PA the weight seems to be 2lbs.. These would be for the OEM box w/ the original accessories.

The Bold in the FRU brown box seems to be pegged in the 1lb. range. Some people are reporting that they are receiving just the phone with nothing else, where as others are reporting the phone includes a new battery door.
    06-19-10 06:04 AM
2,047 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD