09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    did anyone who was not told specifically they would get a bold as replacement actually received a bold?
    06-18-10 11:17 PM
    Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Weight 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

I got shipment confirmation within 3 hours. Here's my retail box with FRU sticker, s/w sticker and blue dot. Blue dot must mean s/w is updated.
    Did it come with all the accessories or just the phone with no back cover and battery?
    06-18-10 11:20 PM
    did anyone who was not told specifically they would get a bold as replacement actually received a bold?
    i was told numerous times i was NOT getting a bold, that i was getting a tour. I called the 800 number a few pages back that says you'll talk to level2/3 CSRs, told the rep i was confused on which device I was actually receiving. She informed me that I was actually receiving a Bold due to Tours being out of stock. She also provided me with a tracking number that nobody else said I would get before tomorrow. Call that 800 number and speak to someone with a brain.
    06-18-10 11:21 PM
    i just called vzw and i said i was having freezing and trackball issues, which i am, not as much as i made it out to be, but i am a lil ;-)

i asked if there are a lot of trackball issues and they said yeah but you have to keep it clean and i told him i have

so he told me about the "tour 2" the bold (his exact words) and how its the same as the tour and it does not have the trackball but it has a trackpad. he siad if i did not want bold then he will order me the tour. i told him i will try it out and he said if i did not like the bold that i can try and have a tour ordered for me...

yeah like i would want another tour with trackball issues LOL

So it is set to be shipped on monday overnight and he said i will receive it no later then tuesday at 12pm

wow i am totally a crackberry.com addict now... i am so glad i found this forum and i will never leave =)

oh and for those who have asked previously, i got my email confirmation immediately after i got off the phone with the tech guy

i love VZW!!!!
    06-18-10 11:23 PM
    Makes a person wonder if they are telling people that they are getting refurb Tours but actually sending Bolds just to get the phones to quit ringing. LOL Still I find it amusing that people were happy with their Tours a couple of days ago are now racing for the phone to get the bold.
    06-18-10 11:25 PM
    worst case scenario is if i get sent a tour, i will complain my way to get a bold
    06-18-10 11:26 PM
    at this pace, by wednesday a verizon branded tour will be a collector's item.
    06-18-10 11:28 PM
    Called in earlier today, call was quick and the rep said I would be receiving a BOLD

I got my shipping information and it says
    Weight
    3.0 lbs/1.4 kg
    I've seen other getting 1lb and 2lb, what does 3lbs mean?
    06-18-10 11:29 PM
    i've got 3 lbs of awesome coming from fort worth tx

(seems like a new in box bold)
    06-18-10 11:36 PM
    i've got 3 lbs of awesome coming from fort worth tx

(seems like a new in box bold)
    Yup mine is coming from Fort Worth as well
    06-18-10 11:37 PM
    I got 2 lbs..if anyone could shed some light on the differences due to weight, id appreciate it..

also, the phone hasnt been out that long - so, i doubt these are 'like news'..however, can anyone verify that these are new bolds going out?
    06-18-10 11:38 PM
    Weight 3.0 lbs/1.4 kg
    06-18-10 11:38 PM
    Yup mine is coming from Fort Worth as well
    I'm gonna assume its just different distribution centers rounding weights differently. One is calling it 3lbs, one calling em 2lbs.
    06-18-10 11:39 PM
    3.0 lbs, Fort Worth, Tx.. shall it really be a completely new phone with oem box and everything? My day just got even better!!
    06-18-10 11:40 PM
    Are you guys calling tech support from your tour.
    06-18-10 11:41 PM
    I did every time. I actually had a legitimate issue i've been dealing with for months. waiting for the opportunity to get the "tour 2" as my replacement. My trackball requires tremendous pressure for the phone to recognized it being pressed. Tech support recognized it as an issue without requiring me to do a reinstall of the OS.
    06-18-10 11:44 PM
    3lbs just means that it weighted over 2lbs and had to be rated as 3lbs. thats all. no biggie. prob the paperwork made it over 2lbs.

and the number for everyone to call is :

1 866 406 5154

took me 2 tries but he said they are out of tours and theres an alert that there out. so call now while there out. the first rep tried to b/s me and didnt know whats going on. the 2nd rep worked with me.
    06-18-10 11:44 PM
    I called from my tour, and they offered a replacement. Gave me a bold.
    06-18-10 11:49 PM
    Service typeStandard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
    Weight1.0 lbs/.5 kg
    06-18-10 11:50 PM
    took me 2 tries but he said they are out of tours and theres an alert that there out.
    the first rep tried to b/s me and didnt know whats going on. the 2nd rep worked with me.
    yeah me too... the first guy said they are going to send me a tour and he said if i continue having trouble with the trackball and freezing they will send me a new tour every time i call in regarding the issues until i get one that no longer has issues. but then that rep told me i had a balance and they can't send me anything until i pay my balance.

so i went to pay my balance and then i called again and asked to be transferred to tech support and the next guy was awesome.

he said that there are no tours in stock and he would have to replace my tour with the "tour 2/bold" he told me its the same as the tour and told me thing that are different between the two. then he said if i didn't like it to send it back and they will order me a tour.

I love Big Red... can't say it enough
    06-18-10 11:52 PM
    Makes a person wonder if they are telling people that they are getting refurb Tours but actually sending Bolds just to get the phones to quit ringing. LOL Still I find it amusing that people were happy with their Tours a couple of days ago are now racing for the phone to get the bold.
    I don't think most of us were happy with our Tours. After my 4th Tour, I just gave up and dealt with the quirks/problems/character flaws. It was a PITA for me to go to a VZW store just so they could confirm the issues and then go home with the same phone and wait for them to ship a replacement.

I lucked out this time and didn't have to go to an authorized store for them to replace my Tour. Hopefully, the 9650 isn't a POS like the 9630.
    06-18-10 11:53 PM
    i havent received my shipping confirmation but every replacement that i have received has came from fortwayne tx can some one confirm that they are sending new ones from there or at least way 3lb like i have read from others?
    anyone with less than 3lbs coming form there thanks
    06-19-10 12:01 AM
    Anyone have issues with the Tour rebooting randomly?

I went around and around with the reps, finally agreed to accept a refurb tour from the supervisor, even though I insisted a bold would be what I should receive .... long story..
    He tried to place the order for the tour, and Whoops, out of stock o what a shame they will have to send me a Bold instead! DUH!!! as I said to each rep I talked to ... lol Prob Tue/Wed should have my Bold I HOPE!
    06-19-10 12:01 AM
    FYI...

Tours with cameras are in stock on VZW's website.
    06-19-10 12:10 AM
    do you think that there is anyway, once theyve shipped it, to upgrade to overnight shipping to have it be here monday rather than tues?
    06-19-10 12:15 AM
2,047 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD