09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Got my email notification & phone is scheduled to be here by 12pm on Sat. They waived the Saturday overnight shipping fee. Getting really excited. Although I never had any of the issues that most have incurred (trackball, buttons, etc) Was quite happy with mine.
    06-18-10 07:59 PM
    I just called again. I didn't want to press the issue of getting a Bold to much. She stated the warehouse was closed and I would get info on shipment Monday morning. Do you think they would call me monday to tell me they are out of Tours? I guess if I do get a Tour (around Wednesday) and it's not better maybe I can call again? Any other suggestions guys?
    06-18-10 08:02 PM
    Well damn it, I guess that'll teach me to miss a couple days of the crackberry forums

I just called and complained about my ongoing trackball issues and without me saying anything about the Bold he said he would check to see if they had any Tours available and if not they could get a Bold and I was like umm ok that's cool.
    Then he came back and said they just got Tours in and they absolutely have to send the Tour since they have them in stock.

I then politely asked about getting the Bold instead since he just mentioned it and since I had so many problems with the trackballs, but to no avail. He claimed it won't let me send out Bold since they have Tour.

Oh well, I'll at least get a working Tour and if not I'll be calling back and maybe then they'll be out of Tours again.
    06-18-10 08:20 PM
    i called and its just been ringing and ringing and ringing...i can here the line just keeps rolling over to another extension...but no one answers.

hope i didnt miss that boat!!!
    06-18-10 08:29 PM
    BlackBerry Bold 9650 being shipped on monday, FTW!!!
    06-18-10 08:42 PM
    Well this is stupid, they still have not called me back after telling me I'd have to wait to see what they are going to do yesterday. Now they are only giving out tours. Lame

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 08:43 PM
    I just called and tried my luck but unfortunately have a FRU Tour coming to my house on Wednesday :/

06-18-10 08:44 PM
    They can't do this unequal treatment. Can't leave people stuck with a pos. I guess we can thank crackberry admin for posting this on the homepage.

06-18-10 08:46 PM
    ugh.... i hate getting the short end of the stick stupid f'ing tour. perhaps i won't use my early upgrade in March and just switch carriers :|
    06-18-10 08:48 PM
    ugh.... i hate getting the short end of the stick stupid f'ing tour. perhaps i won't use my early upgrade in March and just switch carriers :|
    No don't upgrade. How many thousands of bolds did they just give out for free. Keep getting replacement tours and chances are you will be unhappy with the quality of them because they are guaranteed POS. Then you will get the opportunity to get a bold and now you will have footed the bill for everyone else liyin but in end get the bold.

06-18-10 08:54 PM
    Its true...Mine will Be here Monday
    Heres a post I read and called>>>....................

One of our Verizon ninjas let us in on a little secret. Remember that recent OS update we saw the other day for the BlackBerry Tour 9630? The OS 5.0.0.732 update, which was basically a patch, actually brought more issues than fixes.

RIM is supposedly scrambling to get the OS bugs fixed. Until then, its being told unofficially to Verizon tech support reps to walk customers through the troubleshooting process. If the problem cannot be fixed we're told the rep will likely send out a certified like-new Bold 9650, since it has the same battery and charger!

It isn't clear how long this will on. Most likely until Verizon approves a new OS release for the Tour 9630. So, if you're experiencing problems now with your Tour 9630 because of the last OS update, you may just want to give Big Red a call. Are you experiencing issues with the .732 OS?
    06-18-10 09:08 PM
    Well u guys I called CS of verizon and I fake telling him that my tour trackball is not working ( even tho it is workin ) they told me they are out of stock and will send you a BOLD

Just call them n lie bout the trackball issue and that the blackberry is freezing up a lot and
    You will get the bold

Enjoys

i did this and they wanna send me a "certified like-new" tour
    wtf? thank god i owe $40 on my bill cause they said they can't do it with a roll over balance.
    but the tech guy said he's gonna notate my acct so what happens now?
    will i still get the "certified like-new" tour or the bold??
    06-18-10 09:11 PM

One of our Verizon ninjas let us in on a little secret. Remember that recent OS update we saw the other day for the BlackBerry Tour 9630? The OS 5.0.0.732 update, which was basically a patch, actually brought more issues than fixes.

RIM is supposedly scrambling to get the OS bugs fixed. Until then, its being told unofficially to Verizon tech support reps to walk customers through the troubleshooting process. If the problem cannot be fixed we're told the rep will likely send out a certified like-new Bold 9650, since it has the same battery and charger!

It isn't clear how long this will on. Most likely until Verizon approves a new OS release for the Tour 9630. So, if you're experiencing problems now with your Tour 9630 because of the last OS update, you may just want to give Big Red a call. Are you experiencing issues with the .732 OS?
    So how is it that the last few people have been getting tours? In what way should people be calling to tell the rep but not make it obvious

06-18-10 09:11 PM

I call shenanigans. I called complaining of trackball and various other problems associated with .732 and the woman told me I was in luck because they just got a new batch of FRU Tours.

06-18-10 09:12 PM
    Arrgh, early bird gets the worm. I just tried with 3 different operators, and all 3 said the same basic thing - Tours were out of stock for a little but batch arrived earlier today so have to send you a Tour. Kudos for those that got a Bold exchange.

I'd be interested to see if anyone calls after now and still gets a Bold replacement.
    06-18-10 09:17 PM
    For those wondering if your return is inspected upon receipt at the warehouse: Yes. Randomly. Very, very randomly.

However, when I worked in Tech at VZW, I'd always get one of those blatant liars on the phone. You know the type.. they couldn't lie their way out of a paper bag or over react and get defensive when asked to do some troubleshooting. Even better.. those that aren't sharp enough to consider that VZW techs might also read the Blackberry forums.. and they go on reciting the exact verbiage that somebody suggested in a reply.

When that happened. If they still agree to the FRU terms.. I happily did a free upgrade and then called their regional warehouse and asked them to tag the FRU order for inspection. I could always count on a very angry voice mail from those customers within 30 days of their next statement regarding the $300-$600 charge. *chuckles*

Now obviously not every tech rep does this. And, I doubt that many tech reps except those who own Blackberry devices read forums such as Crackberry.

Just sayin'.. you can send your meal back to the kitchen and hope for a comp'd plate.. But, don't giggle with your friends about your plans to do so while the waitress is still standing there.
    06-18-10 09:18 PM
    I called at 1100 this morning and still no email notification. Do they always send one? They told me it would be here by Monday. What should I do?

06-18-10 09:23 PM
    cross your fingers.
    06-18-10 09:24 PM
    Just called verizon at 9pm eastern time regarding my finnicky trackball and was told they had both good and bad news. Bad news was no tours were available for replacement and good new was that I would be sent a certified like new bold to be shipped on Monday. Should have my new phone by Wednesday. Very sweet!
    06-18-10 09:30 PM
    Just called verizon at 9pm eastern time regarding my finnicky trackball and was told they had both good and bad news. Bad news was no tours were available for replacement and good new was that I would be sent a certified like new bold to be shipped on Monday. Should have my new phone by Wednesday. Very sweet!
    I was 15 min ahead of you... didn't say that I will get the bold or not but a replacment.. *crossing fingers*
    06-18-10 09:37 PM
    just got tracking info...says its 1.0 lbs....does that say anything?
    06-18-10 09:40 PM
    Just called verizon at 9pm eastern time...Bad news was no tours were available for replacement and good new was that I would be sent a certified like new bold to be shipped on Monday. Should have my new phone by Wednesday. Very sweet!
    Very strange. What's going on at Verizon?

06-18-10 09:43 PM
    just got tracking info...says its 1.0 lbs....does that say anything?
    Same here. Speculation earlier in the thread was that this means a re-certified phone w/o a battery or accessories.

I don't care either way...it will be better than what I have or it won't...if it's not I switch again.

On a side note...don't forget to keep your memory card when you send the old phone back...I was told the only things I needed to send back were the phone body and possibly the SIM.
    06-18-10 09:45 PM
    the phone rang for 22 minutes...finally got a super nice rep from AZ at 8:30pm EST...stated my phone is still under warranty and am eligible for a replacement. he said warehouse was now closed for weekend but they were going to be sending me a new phone via fedex (courtesy of VzW) on monday...will be here wednesday. i didnt want to ask "what phone" and just let it go.

he never said tour or bold...i didnt ask. already on my 2nd tour...so even if i get another 9630 (making it my 3rd)...it will be better than this one. however...he said "new phone" so i can can only hope it will be a Bold.

i have a feeling...judging from many of the recent comments...that the jig is up. many are being told they are getting FRU 9630s. and being that the warehouse wont be shipping any orders placed this late until monday...it is logical to assume that the powers that be will be on to this whole thing in addition to the fact they will have 9630 fru's in by then.

fingers crossed!
    06-18-10 09:45 PM
    I was 15 min ahead of you... didn't say that I will get the bold or not but a replacement.. *crossing fingers*
    06-18-10 09:47 PM
2,047 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD