09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    I contacted Vzw tech support because my wife's Tour trackball crapped the bed. They said no problem, we will get a new one Tuesday. Phone came, but it was still a 9630. Well, I guess better luck next time!
    06-18-10 06:09 PM
    ok so does everyone who is getting it replaced with a bold have a camera on their tour? i think this may be a dividing line...
    06-18-10 06:11 PM
    I can also vouch that this works. I called Verizon, told them of my sketchy trackball, and she said that is a "known problem", then she transferred me to a technician, and he told me that they could replace it, but only with another Tour, but that the Tour was temporarily out of stock, hmm, lol. So he'd have to send me a Bold instead. And then proceeded to tell me that the Bold is close to the Tour, except has no trackball, wifi and more memory. I said, I think I can make that work. So he said, we're sending it right to you. You'll have it Tuesday.

Great news!
    06-18-10 06:12 PM
    ok so does everyone who is getting it replaced with a bold have a camera on their tour? i think this may be a dividing line...
    The rep I talked to asked if I wanted camera because some job sites dont allow cameras. I said I wanted and she said OK.
    06-18-10 06:13 PM
    The rep I talked to asked if I wanted camera because some job sites dont allow cameras. I said I wanted and she said OK.
    so your tour didnt have one?
    06-18-10 06:14 PM
    I will repost as noone replies before.
    My gf did not purchase her tour from Vz. If there are problems with the phone, is the warranty still honored?
    06-18-10 06:25 PM
    I will repost as noone replies before.
    My gf did not purchase her tour from Vz. If there are problems with the phone, is the warranty still honored?
    Im not sure warranties are transferrable.
    06-18-10 06:25 PM
    I didn't buy my Tour from Verizon, but Amazon. When I called Verizon, they didn't say anything about it. And they're sending me a Bold anyways.
    06-18-10 06:27 PM
    anyone try this with sprint?
    I tried this with Sprint, I did have trackball issues. They sent me a Tour, I mentioned this was my 5th Tour and they said that they can't replace my Tour with the new BOLD bc it was a completely different phone... 3 days later I raised H-E-double hockey sticks about my doo doo coverage that is now somehow outside Sprint coverage and they are paying for my ETF's and I am switching to the Bold 9700 on AT&T.

So long crappy customer service, hello expensive monthly bills... Can't have the best of everything I guess, oh well.
    06-18-10 06:27 PM
    I didn't buy my Tour from Verizon, but Amazon. When I called Verizon, they didn't say anything about it. And they're sending me a Bold anyways.
    Cool,

thank you

I went through the tech with mine yesterday... Said he would call me today because they were out of tours yesterday? should i just keep sitting around and waiting?
    06-18-10 06:28 PM
    Cool,

thank you

I went through the tech with mine yesterday... Said he would call me today because they were out of tours yesterday? should i just keep sitting around and waiting?
    no, i would call back today. Get the Bold while you can.
    06-18-10 06:29 PM
    I tried this with Sprint, I did have trackball issues. They sent me a Tour, I mentioned this was my 5th Tour and they said that they can't replace my Tour with the new BOLD bc it was a completely different phone... 3 days later I raised H-E-double hockey sticks about my doo doo coverage that is now somehow outside Sprint coverage and they are paying for my ETF's and I am switching to the Bold 9700 on AT&T.

So long crappy customer service, hello expensive monthly bills... Can't have the best of everything I guess, oh well.
    Rant/
    THis is for Verizon customers, not Sprint, AT&T or whoever else carries the Tour 9630. Please, read the topic it has Verizon in the title

/End Rant
    06-18-10 06:30 PM
    no, i would call back today. Get the Bold while you can.
    This may be a question for a whole different debate, but if I can get a storm 2 is that better?
    06-18-10 06:31 PM
    so your tour didnt have one?
    Both my Tours have cameras but the rep asked since they dont know what I do for a living and I said both phones are used for work, so she asked to make sure since some jobs do not allow phones with cameras such as courts.
    06-18-10 06:32 PM
    This may be a question for a whole different debate, but if I can get a storm 2 is that better?
    The Storm 2 is very cool, not sure if that would work though. You'd really have to push the fact that you're unsatisfied with the whole Tour/Bold concept and want a touchscreen. Try it, they're being very accommodating today.
    06-18-10 06:36 PM
    I just called VZW and told them my trackball is messing up, which it is. They said they would send me a replacement but never mentioned the Bold. This would be my 3rd Tour in less than 6 months. Do I call them back or what?
    06-18-10 06:37 PM
    I just called and it sounds like i'm getting another tour. Said they updated the track ball and he was not going to send me the Bold or the Curve 2. I wasn't able to hang up before the put in the order. Anyone think I would be able to turn in the replacement?
    06-18-10 06:38 PM
    I just called VZW and told them my trackball is messing up, which it is. They said they would send me a replacement but never mentioned the Bold. This would be my 3rd Tour in less than 6 months. Do I call them back or what?
    Call back and ask them if there's any way you can avoid the whole trackball thing altogether. That should bring the Bold into conversation
    06-18-10 06:40 PM
    I just called and it sounds like i'm getting another tour. Said they updated the track ball and he was not going to send me the Bold or the Curve 2. I wasn't able to hang up before the put in the order. Anyone think I would be able to turn in the replacement?
    Same thing happened to me.

I guess we will wait and see what they send us.
    06-18-10 06:40 PM
    Call back and ask them if there's any way you can avoid the whole trackball thing altogether. That should bring the Bold into conversation
    Calling back now I've never had so many problems with a cell phone.
    06-18-10 06:44 PM
    They just got a fresh stock of replacement tours in. LAME
    06-18-10 06:46 PM
    They just got a fresh stock of replacement tours in. LAME
    Keep trying. Be like a prosecutor and work that Verizon jury so that they send the trackball devices to death row and send you a Bold. Tell them you're sick of being Amish.
    06-18-10 06:49 PM
    Crazy! I called and got my Bold around 430 eastern time, called again just now (730 eastern time) for my mom.. and they're sending her a Tour!! So lame.....

on the bright side I just received my shipping notice for my Bold !!
    06-18-10 06:50 PM
    Do you guys have a list of problems that are pretty consistent in all tours? My scrolling problems seem to be inconsistent (of course now that I'm trying to confirm before calling again, I'm not having any issues). The browser click issue seems to be fixed in .732, and I'm unaware of any additional problems. Anything else I can complain about to the reps?
    rebooting and sluggishness
    06-18-10 06:53 PM
    Well, after having 2 tours since March, I ended up updating 1 tour this morning to .732. Started with the .591 & immediately changed to .484. From there went to .624, .643, & most recently .662. Upon backing up data & 3rd party apps, went thru with the update. As my tour was booting back up, it froze then stopped at the reload software 507 error. Tried multiple times to load OS & same result. Spoke with TS from Verizon as well as BB. Finally ended with having a new Bold9650 being overnighted to me tomorrow.
    Spoke with Verizon TS regarding trackball & freezing up issues with 2nd Tour & as a result, have a 2nd Bold9650 being sent to me on Monday. TS stated there was not a single location within 250 miles of me that had any Bold9650's in stock & that there are no longer Tour9630's available.
    Looking forward to trying out the new phone once it gets here tomorrow.
    06-18-10 06:54 PM
2,047 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD