09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    a lady told me they will be sending me a tour, i declined, and she tagged my account..

will i be wasting my time calling back to get another rep?
    shoulda just hung up and called back
    06-18-10 05:16 PM
    Mine is on its way. I did ask if they were sending it boxed like a new phone and he stated it will come the same way all replacements do.
    06-18-10 05:17 PM
    Gotta admit, this crooked trackpad is starting to annoy me. How in the world does something like that get off the production line?
    06-18-10 05:18 PM
    Gotta admit, this crooked trackpad is starting to annoy me. How in the world does something like that get off the production line?
    are they all like that, or just a few? or do you not know?
    06-18-10 05:19 PM
    Judging from the 9650 forum, it seems like a good amount of them are crooked. But hey, I'd rather have a crooked trackpad than a sticky trackball.
    06-18-10 05:20 PM
    Judging from the 9650 forum, it seems like a good amount of them are crooked. But hey, I'd rather have a crooked trackpad than a sticky trackball.
    i would have to agree with that
    06-18-10 05:22 PM
    I have a new bold on it's way as well. Looks like it is shipping from Ontario CA so I assume the is Canada and not California. If they ship a retail box with all the extra will they be expecting all the accesories to be returned with the phone or just the tour ???
    06-18-10 05:23 PM
    just called aout trackball issues right away said no tours left and that "RIM wants us to give out the BOLD as a replace until they ship us more tours". i got myself a new bold, so im guessing this wont last long. But now my wife wants a new bold but doesnt have trackball problems. what are the chances they actually check the status of your tour after you send it in and find nothing is wrong and get you to send bold back, or something along those lines??
    06-18-10 05:24 PM
    It worked for me, I just had to call twice. I told them I've been having trackball issues (which I have). The rep said it was a known issue and that there were no more Tours to send out, so I would be getting "the next step up." They're sending it out Monday, it should be here Wednesday. I'm in the New England area, if that info helps anyone.
    06-18-10 05:25 PM
    i'm on the phone with them now, and he says the tours are in stock.
    06-18-10 05:25 PM
    After reading the threads and the column on the main site.. I decided to give it a try... What's to loose, if they say no, oh well. Don't really have any issues with the Tour right now anyway.

So... Told them I had issues scrolling to the right. Mentioned that this was my 3rd Tour for the same issues. He had me go through the routine... change sensitivity, asked what version (made sure I said .732 although I'm on .419 hybrid) even to the poing of wiping the phone (which I just took out my battery and chit chatted while waiting).

Then when the phone booted up, still mentioned that it had problems going right. He then said... "We'll send you a new phone". I didn't mention anything about getting the bold. I just asked him to make sure I'm getting a Tour replacement. He checked the stock and said... "we are all out of stock on the tours, but I will send you a Bold, which is comparable to the Tour".

I played dumb as if I didn't know what the Bold was...

Bottom line... Bold coming on Monday!!!
    06-18-10 05:26 PM
    this literally JUST happened:

transfer to tech support...blah blah, tours are out of stock, we'll have to send you a new Bold..i play stupid as if i don't know what it is..

silence, silence, he's clicking away on keyboard..he goes, "well, an hour ago, we had no tours in stock..but seemingly we just got some in."

now, i'm like sonofabitch.

but, then he went, "But, since i mentioned that you can have the bold, ill leave it up to you."..haha, I said - "um, i may be better suited with the trackpad."

Bold coming on Tues!

But, this may be running out - he did say they just got some tours in stock! hurry up!
    06-18-10 05:31 PM
    just called aout trackball issues right away said no tours left and that "RIM wants us to give out the BOLD as a replace until they ship us more tours". i got myself a new bold, so im guessing this wont last long. But now my wife wants a new bold but doesnt have trackball problems. what are the chances they actually check the status of your tour after you send it in and find nothing is wrong and get you to send bold back, or something along those lines??
    i've never had em call me back saying to send back the device they sent me...
    06-18-10 05:32 PM
    i'm on the phone with them now, and he says the tours are in stock.
    if they say they have tours in stock, hang up and call back...
    06-18-10 05:33 PM
    this literally just happened:

Transfer to tech support...blah blah, tours are out of stock, we'll have to send you a new bold..i play stupid as if i don't know what it is..

Silence, silence, he's clicking away on keyboard..he goes, "well, an hour ago, we had no tours in stock..but seemingly we just got some in."

now, i'm like sonofabitch.

But, then he went, "but, since i mentioned that you can have the bold, ill leave it up to you."..haha, i said - "um, i may be better suited with the trackpad."

bold coming on tues!

But, this may be running out - he did say they just got some tours in stock! Hurry up!
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    I really had issues but none the less Bold on the way
    you really should have said that sounds great... and then they would be like sorry we are actually out of tours...then you would have received what you wanted
    06-18-10 05:36 PM
    Well we had a problem with the tour in constant reboot mode. Then its at a 507 reload software. Went through the typical with tech, they said no tours in stock but the replacement was now the curve 2. I said I dont want the curve 2 as its a downgrade and have a supervisor calling back later. We will see what happens.
    06-18-10 05:37 PM
    how long did it take everyone to receive tracking numbers? i called at 11am this morning and its now 5pm and i still dont have an e-mail from verizon. i called back twice though just to make sure a bold was ordered and they said yes 9650 so thats all that matters i guess! im just curious to see if they gave me overnight or 2 day shipping
    I wouldn't worry about it. Between my wife and I we've had 3 replacement phones a piece in the past year. I only got a shipment notification for one of them that I remember.
    06-18-10 05:43 PM
    Well, I got a Bold, on the way, too!! They did have Tours in stock, but I made a little bit of a stink about having had refurbs fail, in the past. Thanks for the tip, guys!
    06-18-10 05:45 PM
    Anyone received their Bold that had the weight listed as 3.0lbs on the Fedex site? A few posted that their shipments with the weight listed as 1lb or 2lbs were refurbs. Doesn't matter either way I guess, but I'm curious if I'm getting a refurb or a new one.
    06-18-10 05:48 PM
    Just to bring up my previous post, the rep today said that they were sending out a brand new Tour as a replacement. Does anyone think that he was misspoken and told me the incorrect device? I dont see RIM producing any new Tours when they have already been discontinued.

Any input is appreciated
    06-18-10 05:54 PM
    just got off the phone...never mentioned anything about a bold being sent out...oh well at least i get a replacement phone. my flash stopped working
    06-18-10 06:04 PM
    Do you guys have a list of problems that are pretty consistent in all tours? My scrolling problems seem to be inconsistent (of course now that I'm trying to confirm before calling again, I'm not having any issues). The browser click issue seems to be fixed in .732, and I'm unaware of any additional problems. Anything else I can complain about to the reps?
    06-18-10 06:06 PM
    So, I called earlier after reading this forum, because I have been having intermittent trackball problems. Not constant problems, but they occur often enough to annoy me pretty badly. The rep. I talked to was very helpful and sweet, and she told me exactly what people have been saying: "We are currently out of Tours, but it is possible for me to replace your Tour with a Bold". She also said she was making sure that I would receive a brand new kit, including the phone, charger, holster, etc...All the things that came with my Tour, I am getting in with my new Bold. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, my mother's Tour has had an overheating problem: After placing a call, and remaining on that call for longer than 3-5 minutes, the back of the phone heats up to the point of it being uncomfortable. Has this happened to anyone else, and would it be enough to replace it with a Bold?

Also, I am in Northeast Alabama.
    06-18-10 06:09 PM
2,047 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD