09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    i somehow have managed to let them find the only tour they have left and thats apparently what they're going to send me is this a regional thing for the lucky people getting bold replacements?
    06-18-10 04:23 PM
    Wow this is amazing.

I got my first tour at the end of July last year for my birthday, and immediately started having trackball issues and back cover looseness. Around November I took the phone back to the store and they gave me a green dot tour, which worked perfectly and had no loose back door cover either. Idk what it was but about 2 months later the trackball stopped working properly and is worse than when I got my first one. I just figured I would deal with it until I can get an upgrade next year but now that i've seen this thread i'm tempted to call verizon and just outright ask for a bold. Anyone think this would work or should I let them give me the runaround until they break down and offer me one?

Also, could I just go to the store and do this?
    06-18-10 04:26 PM
    does this affect your contract status by renewing your 2 years or is this a standard warrenty replacement due to an issue?
    06-18-10 04:27 PM
    Ok so i ordered around 2:15 today. Just got my confirmation. FedEx says it weighs 3lbs. Does that mean im getting a new or FRU?
    06-18-10 04:29 PM
    does this affect your contract status by renewing your 2 years or is this a standard warrenty replacement due to an issue?
    standard warranty replacement. wont affect your upgrade date.
    06-18-10 04:33 PM
    just got my email. Mine too says 3lbs
    06-18-10 04:35 PM
    called back a second time after i was only offered a new tour by wednesday saying that i would need a phone by monday or tuesday bc of a trip i might be taking, after a long time of the CSR checking warehouses for tours with no luck he "sold" me on the bold..

the thing about the way he sold it was that he said the only difference between the two was that you can put a sim card in the bold unlike the tour.. i was like ...oh...interesting... sounds fine to me...

nonetheless getting a bold on monday

crackberry is awesome!

....All Tour's come with a sim card in them for global use.
    06-18-10 04:37 PM
    I spoke with VZ about mine.. But I am wondering about my GF's tour which is on a seprerate account. Hers was purchased off ebay.. Will VZ do an exchange if she is having problems? I know they have been iffy if it was not purchased through them
    06-18-10 04:41 PM
    i called vz around 3 and dude was telling me to take it to the store and stuff like that and said they would be sending me a replacement tour and i was like well is there anything else other than the tour cuss the track ball issues are killing me and he said he would check and he said that there matrix? didnt show any other replacements for the tour and went on to tell me i could buy sertived pre owned bb and then said he would try and ask his supervisor if he could trade it out for the storm and he said he couldnt do that and said the the tours our out of stock but he would give me a call first thing monday and see but that there are more tours coming in i guess im not gonna get lucky
    what else could i do?
    06-18-10 04:43 PM
    I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!! haha I am so glad I come to this website every day just got off the phone with a very nice Rep. He is sending me a BOLD! It will be here Tuesday. He checked 3 different warehouses so if you call now they are out every where! He then asked his supervisor who said go ahead and give him a BOLD!!! SO excited. This is real take advantage of it!
    06-18-10 04:47 PM
    I have a Tour that has been replaced 4 times because of hardware issues and this last one I got in March was starting to act up too so when the Bold came out I used my NE2 to get it. If I put the Tour back on line and then called cs, would they know that I have gotten the Bold? I don't want to rip them off but I feel that the Tour is kinda like Chrysler Cordoba. It was suppose to be something great but after getting it, it falls apart. I would like to have the Tour replaced. It was my first BB and I really was disappointed with it. Any ideas?
    06-18-10 04:49 PM
    i called vz around 3 and dude was telling me to take it to the store and stuff like that and said they would be sending me a replacement tour and i was like well is there anything else other than the tour cuss the track ball issues are killing me and he said he would check and he said that there matrix? didnt show any other replacements for the tour and went on to tell me i could buy sertived pre owned bb and then said he would try and ask his supervisor if he could trade it out for the storm and he said he couldnt do that and said the the tours our out of stock but he would give me a call first thing monday and see but that there are more tours coming in i guess im not gonna get lucky
    what else could i do?
    Keep calling until you find someone willing to help you.
    06-18-10 04:49 PM
    Just called about my Tour and there are still unable to locate any replacements in my zip code. She offered the Bold 9650 as a replacement, "if I didn't mind"! Schweet! Getting my 9650 Tuesday or Wednesday!
    06-18-10 04:50 PM
    I called today, 2PM PST, and said i was having scrolling issues, sluggishness and random reboots...all of which is happening....my 9650 should be delivered on Tuesday or Wednesday

I'm in Southern California
    06-18-10 04:53 PM
    i dont get how some people are getting told there are NO tours, but they tell me they're sending a replacement phone. I called them back asking if they could send it out sooner, and they are overnighting me a tour tomorrow for a monday arrival. do they have a special tour set aside for me... or will they not realize there are no more tours until it goes to ship?
    06-18-10 04:54 PM
    i dont get how some people are getting told there are NO tours, but they tell me they're sending a replacement phone. I called them back asking if they could send it out sooner, and they are overnighting me a tour tomorrow for a monday arrival. do they have a special tour set aside for me... or will they not realize there are no more tours until it goes to ship?
    You might get a call back saying that you will be shipped a 9650 instead of the 9630. Just keep your fingers crossed.

And to anyone who is being told there are Tour replacements available...reject the offer, hang up, and call back. Sooner or later you will find a rep who realizes that the only option is to ship you a 9650.
    06-18-10 04:56 PM
    I just called back and told them this is ridiculous. They're sending me a Bold out today for Monday or Tuesday delivery. Thanks everyone!
    I have a Tour that has been replaced 4 times because of hardware issues and this last one I got in March was starting to act up too so when the Bold came out I used my NE2 to get it. If I put the Tour back on line and then called cs, would they know that I have gotten the Bold? I don't want to rip them off but I feel that the Tour is kinda like Chrysler Cordoba. It was suppose to be something great but after getting it, it falls apart. I would like to have the Tour replaced. It was my first BB and I really was disappointed with it. Any ideas?
    yes...they have a record on what device you have active....

They looked at mine and saw a Storm, 3 Tours, and 2 Storm2's being active on my account in the past year....
    worked, sweet maybe this ne can actually make a call without losing signal
    06-18-10 05:01 PM
    a lady told me they will be sending me a tour, i declined, and she tagged my account..

will i be wasting my time calling back to get another rep?
    06-18-10 05:03 PM
    im on the phone with them again i he was giving me the run around so i said that one of my friends read or hured somewhere that you all where offering the bold as a replacement for the tour and he said oh yeah i see that then read the email to me and said would you like to do that and i said yeap and now his prossing it now and ill get it tuesday yay me lol
    Last edited by scottsheehan; 06-18-10 at 05:12 PM.
    06-18-10 05:08 PM
    Originally Posted by jusTEN
    called back a second time after i was only offered a new tour by wednesday saying that i would need a phone by monday or tuesday bc of a trip i might be taking, after a long time of the CSR checking warehouses for tours with no luck he "sold" me on the bold..

the thing about the way he sold it was that he said the only difference between the two was that you can put a sim card in the bold unlike the tour.. i was like ...oh...interesting... sounds fine to me...

nonetheless getting a bold on monday

crackberry is awesome!
    ....All Tour's come with a sim card in them for global use.
    yeah i found it funny that he thought THIS was the difference, when its not, he didnt even mention the trackpad or wifi, but i just went with it..
    06-18-10 05:09 PM
    9650 on the way. Thank you Crackberry. Went very smoothly. Hope it's worth it.
    06-18-10 05:10 PM
    Just coached the gf through a call for her Tour (she was on her third Tour device). CS rep had her try change sensitivity...blah. She then told her the only option was to pay full retail (lol).

It helps to know more than the rep....I reminded the gf she still had the 1-yr RIM warranty against defects (which she then reminded the CS rep). Rep double-checked something (blah blah blah) and what do you know? New Bold headed out to the gf on Monday. She got overnight delivery without asking, which I didn't when I called about my Tour earlier today.

No worries, plus I'm a hero. ty Crackberry!
    06-18-10 05:10 PM
    Should I wait to call again or just call now?
    i would just call now..
    06-18-10 05:15 PM
2,047 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD