09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 1234 ...
tools
    works for me and saves me my upgrade
    06-17-10 10:15 AM
    I just talked to them and the rep was very confident they had tour to replace. no 9650 for me
    06-17-10 10:29 AM
    nevermind, the rep just called me and told me that they are sending me a bold as a replacement, it will be here tomorrow
    06-17-10 10:47 AM
    Maybe it is a regional thing? Mine shipped directly out of the Fort Worth warehouse (yet still took the full two days to be delivered...?). This replacement is giving me fits too, but I don't think it can't be fixed.
    06-17-10 10:47 AM
    Hmmm. Perhaps it's time to accidentally put some Vaseline on my trackball.

Naw. I couldn't do that.

Or could I?

Ok, I wouldn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 10:58 AM
    this is only making me wish my tour would mess up somehow, but ive never had a problem with mine except for the .591 os and ive had it since Dec 2009... oh well enjoy it everyone
    06-17-10 11:04 AM
    anyone else having any luck?

Im tempted to call and complain about my 3g service at home. My phone may show 1XEV but it surely doesn't load at 3g speeds, if it even loads at all. Ive had it replaced 3 times already because of this problem.

Might have to make it a fourth so I can use the wifi while at home
    06-17-10 11:19 AM
    The trackball on my father's Tour has been giving him **** lately. I'm going to tell him to call and if they give him a Bold, I'll be calling for damn sure.
    06-17-10 11:41 AM
    I would like to shake the person's hand that started this thread. I have my Bold on the way. Are the supposed to be that much better than the tour? if so, what ways. battery life, OS, what? thanks!!
    06-17-10 11:55 AM
    Hmmm. Perhaps it's time to accidentally put some Vaseline on my trackball.

Naw. I couldn't do that.

Or could I?

Ok, I wouldn't.

Hmmm, would that do the trick? I was thinking more like putting a little dirt in there for good measure.

PS. My trackball does have some issues, but probably not enough to really justify a free upgrade.
    06-17-10 12:26 PM
    I would like to shake the person's hand that started this thread. I have my Bold on the way. Are the supposed to be that much better than the tour? if so, what ways. battery life, OS, what? thanks!!
    It has the trackpad and wifi. Plus, the tour will be phased out of the bb line up, Im pretty sure the Bold will get 6.0 when it's releases, but the Tour wont.
    06-17-10 12:44 PM
    Has anyone gone to the store to escalate their problems? I went today and they dont even have Tours in store anymore therefore the rep there said they couldn't offer any help to me.

I was shocked
    06-17-10 12:49 PM
    So they don't do in store tech support on phones they don't have in stock? WTF? Since when?
    06-17-10 12:50 PM
    anyone try this with sprint?
    06-17-10 12:55 PM
    If that's true, then that's a problem with the store itself. They should always be able to help you troubleshoot, even if there are no replacements in the store. A replacement is always the last option anyway, so it doesn't make sense for a store to deny a customer simple troubleshooting when there are no replacements available.

If you are looking specifically for a replacement, don't bother going into store. Just call up CS (*611), explain your issue, and you'll have a refurbed device (or in this case, a most likely brand new 9650) overnighted to you.
    06-17-10 12:56 PM
    I feel like since I have had several replacements, they are reluctant to give me a new one.

If I were to call them up, (I am having some call problems) what is everyone that is getting a new BOLD describing their issues as?
    06-17-10 01:31 PM
    I feel like since I have had several replacements, they are reluctant to give me a new one.

If I were to call them up, (I am having some call problems) what is everyone that is getting a new BOLD describing their issues as?
    The issue is irrelevant. As long as there is a problem that cannot be troubleshooted, you will be sent a replacement. The thing is right now there are no 9630s left in stock to be sent out as a replacement. Verizon's alternative is a 9650. If you were to fake a problem, you have two options:

1) Claim trackball problems and then deliberately screw up your trackball.

2) Claim you loaded an OFFICIAL OS onto your phone and it bricked and then you cannot get it to connect to your computer. For this one, you will have to manually brick the phone with BBsak before you mail it back.

I'm not condoning either of the two options, but if you do have a problem that might not be obvious to Verizon, you will have to force the issue.
    06-17-10 01:40 PM
    I wonder if the shortage of Tours is happening on Sprint's side too?

Hmmm......
    06-17-10 01:45 PM
    The issue is irrelevant. As long as there is a problem that cannot be troubleshooted, you will be sent a replacement. The thing is right now there are no 9630s left in stock to be sent out as a replacement. Verizon's alternative is a 9650. If you were to fake a problem, you have two options:

1) Claim trackball problems and then deliberately screw up your trackball.

2) Claim you loaded an OFFICIAL OS onto your phone and it bricked and then you cannot get it to connect to your computer. For this one, you will have to manually brick the phone with BBsak before you mail it back.

I'm not condoning either of the two options, but if you do have a problem that might not be obvious to Verizon, you will have to force the issue.
    This is what I am curious about. I just replaced my 9630 because the left convenience button stopped working with anything and then the aux jack quit on me too. Those were things they couldn't do anything about, so they just sent a replacement.

I read on the paperwork that came with the replacement phone (a refurb) that "Certified Like-New Replacement devices will carry the remaining warranty period from the original device, or 90 days, whichever is greater." Is that new? Didn't it used to be just a flat 90 days from when you got the replacement? I just bought the original one on 4-9-10, so I still have plenty of warranty time left, right? Or am I reading that wrong?

And if the buttons go out, is that "enough" of a problem to call for a replacement? And if the "broken" one gets there and they can get the stupid button to work, do I then get charged for the replacement anyway? Oy.
    06-17-10 01:46 PM
    This is what I am curious about. I just replaced my 9630 because the left convenience button stopped working with anything and then the aux jack quit on me too. Those were things they couldn't do anything about, so they just sent a replacement.

I read on the paperwork that came with the replacement phone (a refurb) that "Certified Like-New Replacement devices will carry the remaining warranty period from the original device, or 90 days, whichever is greater." Is that new? Didn't it used to be just a flat 90 days from when you got the replacement? I just bought the original one on 4-9-10, so I still have plenty of warranty time left, right? Or am I reading that wrong?

And if the buttons go out, is that "enough" of a problem to call for a replacement? And if the "broken" one gets there and they can get the stupid button to work, do I then get charged for the replacement anyway? Oy.
    Last night when I was talking with a CS rep, I was told my warranty would now be expired with this new replacement. I didn't get a chance to ask her more about that, but if what you're reading off that slip of paper is correct, then my warranty should be extended 90 days now. (My original date of purchase was last July, so 90 days would obviously be the greater length).

A button not working is absolutely enough to justify a replacement. Chances are they don't really check for hardware problems, but if they do, you might be charged. Probably won't happen though. Like I said above, force the issue, but don't make it too obvious.
    06-17-10 01:54 PM
    About an hour ago, I plugged the 9630 (3 Months Old) into the Desktop Manager, asked if I wanted the new OS..hit yes...started the update and crashed, nothing but a double blinking red light..took out Batttery, blah blah...
    Called the tech and got an "oh boy",( Which I took as another one) there over-nighting me a new Bold..

Man I feel naked already...what am I supposed to do all night????? I'll be watching out the window waiting for the Fed Ex gut to pull up in the morning......

How do you cure B-Berry Withdrawls, this staring at the Screen with the Bold on it is not helping at all

Signed,
    Going Through Withdrawls in DE

For those that want a new one, trying updating the OS .
    06-17-10 02:09 PM
    Well u guys I called CS of verizon and I fake telling him that my tour trackball is not working ( even tho it is workin ) they told me they are out of stock and will send you a BOLD

Just call them n lie bout the trackball issue and that the blackberry is freezing up a lot and
    You will get the bold

Enjoys

06-17-10 02:12 PM
    can someone advise me of a link for BBsak?

is it diffricult?
    06-17-10 02:13 PM
    This should work:

BBSAK
    06-17-10 02:19 PM
    Sleepyrey are you telling people to commit fraud in order to get an new phone?
    06-17-10 02:20 PM
2,047 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD