09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I am on my 3rd (maybe 4th) Tour and the trackball works well (finally). The only real problems I have is signal fluctuations which is killing my battery.

What do I tell them when I call?
    I called for the same thing an hour ago or so. Took a half hour of troubleshooting but they are sending me a bold on tuesday. They are going to tell you reset your roaming and then they make you battery pull and reboot. I just told them it has been happening in multiple locations both in and out of the city(philly). She said it must be something in the device(once I got to level 2 tech support). I was just being sincere with them and worked out to my advantage. Now my sister is pissed that I am getting a bold when she was supposed to get one July 2nd
    06-18-10 03:46 PM
    Maybe it'll be worth thousands when someone has the last fully functioning Tour in the world
    True.

There was someone on here in their profile they did have "Limited Edition" marked in their device model....

Well guess it happened.
    06-18-10 03:47 PM
    how long should i expect for a tracking #?
    It took just over 4.5 hours from when I spoke with them to when I received the email about the shipment.
    06-18-10 03:47 PM
    I just got this Tour on Monday as a replacement. It has more freaking issues than the one I replaced. They can't issue a replacement for the replacement until they get the old one back into the warehouse.

I have the sad.
    06-18-10 03:48 PM
    All you have to say is you wiped the device, loaded the latest software, did a battery pull and the problem still persists. They will have you re-register the Host Routing table and check the sensitivity level of the trackball, say it's at 70. You will get a new Bold. Usually I do not advise people to do this, but the Tour has a long known hardware issue, and I'm not just gonna keep mine and then when the warranty expires the trackball goes bad. Then I have to pay money all because the device I was given is faulty to begin with. I pay them enough as it is...
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 06-18-10 at 03:52 PM.
    06-18-10 03:49 PM
    Just called Verizon and my wife's Tour is getting replaced with a Bold. Her Tour was actually gonna be sold because Im secretly receiving a Incredible today for her birthday on the 27th. So it seems I will have an extra 9650 hanging around. What to do with it...?
    Don't you have to send the tour back? That is what they told me or I would be charged for the full retail price blah blah blah.
    I just called with trackball and charging port issues. VZW says, "We're expecting more in today so an order will be placed and you'll get one shipped when they come in later today." I asked about getting the Bold and they said they're not doing it because it's not the same device. So I talk to a manager and they said the same thing.

Don't know what to do now cause I'm all sad...
    Don't you have to send the tour back? That is what they told me or I would be charged for the full retail price blah blah blah.
    He will send the Tour back in the box. He said he will have an extra 9650... Because his wife is getting something else...
    06-18-10 03:50 PM
    All you have to say is you wiped the device, loaded the latest software, did a battery pull and the problem still persists. They will have you re-register the Host Routing table and check the sensitivity level of the trackball, say it's at 70. You will get a new Bold...
    I even did that and have mine even set to 80, still said, "More tours are expected in and we will ship you a replacement as soon as they come in later today for delivery on Tuesday."
    06-18-10 03:52 PM
    I just called with trackball and charging port issues. VZW says, "We're expecting more in today so an order will be placed and you'll get one shipped when they come in later today." I asked about getting the Bold and they said they're not doing it because it's not the same device. So I talk to a manager and they said the same thing.

call again, i went through the exact same thing
    06-18-10 03:52 PM

Call and speak to another CS represenative...
    06-18-10 03:53 PM
    call again, i went through the exact same thing
    And what did you tell them cause you know they're going to look it up and all that crap to show you just spoke with someone.
    06-18-10 03:54 PM
    Just curious...if my 9650 were to somehow become defective, would they now replace it with another 9650 or go back to the 9630?
    06-18-10 03:55 PM
    And what did you tell them cause you know they're going to look it up and all that crap to show you just spoke with someone.
    they offered a tour to me by wednesday originally so when i called back i said i was curious if i could get it sooner bc i may have a business trip on tues or weds.. and after a while of checking warehouses and such the guy offered me a bold and to get it to me by monday
    06-18-10 03:56 PM
    They said nothing to me about calling again. I actually just received my tracking information, took 3 hours...
    06-18-10 03:56 PM
    also.. the worst that can happen is that they say no..
    06-18-10 03:57 PM
    He will send the Tour back in the box. He said he will have an extra 9650... Because his wife is getting something else...
    Exactly.

Just received the shipping info on the Bold. Currently waiting on FedEx to deliver the Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 03:57 PM
    I am having issues with my trackball as well. Does it sound like I could get a Bold if I call right now? I worry about them sending me a crappier Tour. Will my Otterbox cases still fit on a Bold? Thanks
    06-18-10 03:58 PM
    I am having issues with my trackball as well. Does it sound like I could get a Bold if I call right now? I worry about them sending me a crappier Tour. Will my Otterbox cases still fit on a Bold? Thanks
    just try it, you have nothing to lose, if you get a worse one, then you can try all over again.. its not too difficult of a process..
    06-18-10 04:00 PM
    how long did it take everyone to receive tracking numbers? i called at 11am this morning and its now 5pm and i still dont have an e-mail from verizon. i called back twice though just to make sure a bold was ordered and they said yes 9650 so thats all that matters i guess! im just curious to see if they gave me overnight or 2 day shipping
    06-18-10 04:02 PM
    they offered a tour to me by wednesday originally so when i called back i said i was curious if i could get it sooner bc i may have a business trip on tues or weds.. and after a while of checking warehouses and such the guy offered me a bold and to get it to me by monday
    Ok, that sounds good. Wonder if that'd work for me...
    06-18-10 04:02 PM
    how long did it take everyone to receive tracking numbers? i called at 11am this morning and its now 5pm and i still dont have an e-mail from verizon. i called back twice though just to make sure a bold was ordered and they said yes 9650 so thats all that matters i guess! im just curious to see if they gave me overnight or 2 day shipping
    It took just over 4.5 hours for me.
    06-18-10 04:03 PM
    Ok, that sounds good. Wonder if that'd work for me...
    oh and youre going to want to talk to the technical support, bc theyre the ones that can order phones.. i started out with some other dept and ended up going back to them.. so you might want to try just calling directly there..
    06-18-10 04:05 PM
    Just called! My shiny new Bold is on the way ! Should get it by Wednesday she said!
    06-18-10 04:07 PM
    oh and youre going to want to talk to the technical support, bc theyre the ones that can order phones.. i started out with some other dept and ended up going back to them.. so you might want to try just calling directly there..
    Should I wait to call again or just call now?
    06-18-10 04:17 PM
2,047 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD