09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    AWESOME.... no tracking email.. i called vzw to see if it shipped.... they said fedex tried to deliver it... but no one was home... going to fedex now to pick it up
    06-18-10 04:10 PM
    called back. got a bold on the way. said will fedex overnight be here by 3 tommorow
    06-18-10 04:11 PM
    I've had legitimate trackball issue (the spring underneath offers much resistance, so to "click down" is a chore), just been waiting for something like this to happen, so i can strike when the iron is hot. no mention of the bold replacement. Said their shipping today, and i'll have it tuesday, which sounds impossible if there are no tours. Tech did have the order auto-cancel on her 2-3 times.

I'll either get a fixed tour, or a new bold. Either way i guess i'll be happy.
    06-18-10 04:13 PM
    Huzzah! Received my tracking. Trackball problems will soon be a thing of the past.
    06-18-10 04:16 PM
    You will have to troubleshoot the Tour when you're on with the tech! Call form a different line.
    This will be my 4th replacement. The last 2 times I called from my phone and they just sent me a new one.
    06-18-10 04:20 PM
    Are all Tours still under warranty?
    06-18-10 04:23 PM
    how long should i expect for a tracking #?
    06-18-10 04:25 PM
    Yes, one year from purchase date. They'll start dropping off around 7/12/10.
    assuming its a 1 year warranty, then yes.
    Until July I believe.

But I have been told also they are out now...
    06-18-10 04:26 PM
    yes, until around the 15th of july when it was first released. warranty goes by the date when you first purchased your tour
    Considering the Tour came out in July and manufacturer warranty is 1 year...uhhhh, yes. The Tour has been out 11 months. Thats if you purchased it on release date.
    Regarding the posts a page or two ago about being able to use either b/u restore or DSW......that would be just for data, right.

Or some apps, too.

But if someone is going from a Tour with 4.7 to the Bold with 5.x, then some apps might need to be redownloaded if there were diff versions of the app, right?
    Most 4.7 applications and themes are OS 5.0 compatible. There will be some applications you have to re-register. As far as Device Switch Wizard is concerned, that's all I use. It's fast, easy, and no one will know you switched devices. You will not have to re-add contacts or re-request contacts from BlackBerry Messenger...
    06-18-10 04:31 PM
    Just for some information...don't want to start a storm, but last year I had a problem with my Tour. Purchased it in July, trackball went in October and they sent me a new one. They said that if they couldn't duplicate the problem, I would be charged for the phone and it would be applied to my bill...has anyone else heard this from the reps? I wasnt worried because my trackball had suddenly gone on me and it was so obvious it wouldnt have been aproblem....

Thanks.
    06-18-10 04:31 PM
    was anyone transferred to asurion? i got transferred and was told that the tour was still in stock and will be receiving it on monday...
    06-18-10 04:33 PM
    Just called Verizon and my wife's Tour is getting replaced with a Bold. Her Tour was actually gonna be sold because Im secretly receiving a Incredible today for her birthday on the 27th. So it seems I will have an extra 9650 hanging around. What to do with it...?
    06-18-10 04:34 PM
    Just for some information...don't want to start a storm, but last year I had a problem with my Tour. Purchased it in July, trackball went in October and they sent me a new one. They said that if they couldn't duplicate the problem, I would be charged for the phone and it would be applied to my bill...has anyone else heard this from the reps? I wasnt worried because my trackball had suddenly gone on me and it was so obvious it wouldnt have been aproblem....

Thanks.
    If a tree falls in a forrest would anyone hear it lol

No honestly with the trackball working one day and the next day it screws up. It's not predictable... They know it, u know it and I know it.

No worries.
    06-18-10 04:36 PM
    anyone from hawaii try this? im having slight trackball issues and my phone resets at random times. my gf's phone (different account) also has the same problems? any thoughts?
    06-18-10 04:38 PM

Thanks.
    I was told the same thing today while on the phone with the rep. I really dont think that they check them though, especially since I have sent back two tours because of reception/trackball problems and both had been loaded with a leaked OS and nothing was ever said about it.

I would advise people to not be stupid about getting a new phone, you never know...
    06-18-10 04:38 PM
    RIM wants the Tour to be obsolete, or I should say, all trackball BlackBerry's. They want the Tour to be like it never happened. The 9650 Bold is the phone we all should have gotten in the first place. This is no different than when the Storm 1 was released...
    06-18-10 04:41 PM
    If a tree falls in a forrest would anyone hear it lol

No honestly with the trackball working one day and the next day it screws up. It's not predictable... They know it, u know it and I know it.

No worries.
    agreed. most likely the tour is going to be sent to a warehouse and that will be the end of it. they wont have time to test every single one of these tours coming back and they cannot blame you for something that can be working one minute and screwed up the next.

bolds for everyone!
    06-18-10 04:42 PM
    RIM wants the Tour to be obsolete, or I should say, all trackball BlackBerry's. They want the Tour to be like it never happened. The 9650 Bold is the phone we all should have gotten in the first place...
    And can you blame them? I would want the same thing if I were in there shoes. It is a smart decision.

Also, keep all those unhappy Tour owners from looking elsewhere.

Overall, a huge win for them
    06-18-10 04:43 PM
    RIM wants the Tour to be obsolete, or I should say, all trackball BlackBerry's. They want the Tour to be like it never happened. The 9650 Bold is the phone we all should have gotten in the first place. This is no different than when the Storm 1 was released...
    Maybe it'll be worth thousands when someone has the last fully functioning Tour in the world
    06-18-10 04:44 PM
    And can you blame them? I would want the same thing if I were in there shoes. It is a smart decision.

Also, keep all those unhappy Tour owners from looking elsewhere.

Overall, a huge win for them
    I agree, this is definitley the best way to rectify the problem. Get it out of here completely. They rushed this device and put it out for the masses, just like they did with the Storm 1. The Tour wasn't even close to a year old and they already discontinued it, then they revealed it would not get OS6. They had this planned all along...
    06-18-10 04:46 PM
    Hey at least they will be recycled and made into something else. Next time you look at a plastic table. you never know it could have been a BlackBerry lol
    06-18-10 04:46 PM
2,047 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD