09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Weight 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

I got shipment confirmation within 3 hours. Here's my retail box with FRU sticker, s/w sticker and blue dot. Blue dot must mean s/w is updated.
    If yours was 2 lbs maybe they forgot to add the phone in my package?
    06-18-10 02:33 PM
    I was told my wifes and my replacement would be here tuesday, and they are giving here a 9630! Said they would call back monday to confirm on her's. The second lady was the rudest person I have ever spoke with. We both have had serious track ball issues (3 phones now a peice) and I can't get a signal half the time. After doing the master reset for the tech people both phones have the worst request lag I've ever seen on a BB! At least we will have functioning phones now...
    How long did it take most of you to receive your email confirmation of order after getting off the phone. It has been about 3 hours and I haven't seen an email yet.
    Same here, I called a little over 3 hours ago and have yet to get my tracking number for the shipment.
    Those getting them in retail boxes might have phones that were either:

a) Opened in store and barely touched, but not purchased. Even if the box is opened it has to be considered a FRU.

b) People are returning the phone in the retail box and they are repackaging everything and just sending them out in the retail boxes since this phone just came out and they didn't have a lot of time to prepare FRU boxes.

Or maybe you guys are just getting lucky with brand new devices! It's hard to tell if mine is a legit FRU. Everything about it is perfect...

Either way, it's a win for everyone.
    06-18-10 02:36 PM
    Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Weight 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

I got shipment confirmation within 3 hours. Here's my retail box with FRU sticker, s/w sticker and blue dot. Blue dot must mean s/w is updated.
    Mines the same weight for both packages. Yours is more than likely brand new retail. The FRU sticker is so warehouse knows that the phone is specifically for replacements. Its too early to have actual FRUs and replacements never come with accessories. CSR reps always tell you to keep battery and battery door and to send back only phone.

Lets see if I get the same box as you.
    06-18-10 02:36 PM
    Just called Tech Support. I am getting a new Bold 9650 shipped to me.

And they should be able to do this for everyone. I got the Tour the day it came out and I'm still in the one year warranty.

She had put it in the system and called me back a few minutes later and let me know that "unfortunately there are no more Like-New Tours available and she would have to send me a Bold 9650". And i should be pleased to hear that it doesn't have a trackball.

I played dumb and acted surprised.
    06-18-10 02:37 PM
    Called Verizon and easy as 1.2.3 I have a Bold on its way will see it on Tuesday Thanks CB world, Dont know what I would do without you.
    06-18-10 02:37 PM
    Nevermind, I just literally got it in my e-mail, and it weighs 3 lbs! Sweet!!
    06-18-10 02:39 PM
    It totally worked, i called today. Said my trackball was not working right. They said they would ship me a refurbished tour and then said that they were out and they were shipping me the new bold!

Thank you so much!
    06-18-10 02:39 PM

a) Opened in store and barely touched, but not purchased. Even if the box is opened it has to be considered a FRU.

b) People are returning the phone in the retail box and they are repackaging everything and just sending them out in the retail boxes since this phone just came out and they didn't have a lot of time to prepare FRU boxes.

Or maybe you guys are just getting lucky with brand new devices! It's hard to tell if mine is a legit FRU. Everything about it is perfect...

I have all the books and paper junk, along with all of the accessories.

Mines the same weight for both packages. Yours is more than likely brand new retail. The FRU sticker is so warehouse knows that the phone is specifically for replacements. Its too early to have actual FRUs and replacements never come with accessories. CSR reps always tell you to keep battery and battery door and to send back only phone.

Lets see if I get the same box as you.
    Even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd say mine's new then.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-18-10 at 02:44 PM.
    06-18-10 02:41 PM

Option A is not true when it comes to phones in stores. If a store rep opened it customer decided last min, its still considered new since it was never activated nor had any information stored. They will just put it back into the pile and next person to get the phone will get it since it will be opened anyways. When it comes to normal electronics, yes, it would become a FRU or open box item.

If it was opened, activated and than returned, that would than make the phone eligible to be a FRU.
    06-18-10 02:45 PM
    Awesome! took 28min on the phone talking to two reps but my Bold is being shipped out! They first offered me the storm2, I said I'd pass as I wanted a phone with a physical keyboard - then they offered me the Bold!

I told a coworker and she has a Bold on the way as well
    06-18-10 02:48 PM
    Option A is not true when it comes to phones in stores. If a store rep opened it customer decided last min, its still considered new since it was never activated nor had any information stored. They will just put it back into the pile and next person to get the phone will get it since it will be opened anyways. When it comes to normal electronics, yes, it would become a FRU or open box item.

If it was opened, activated and than returned, that would than make the phone eligible to be a FRU.
    I'm going to check what BUYR says. NO DATA, NO VOICE !!

Why didn't I think of that sooner???? Refurbs don't have these usage "meters" reset.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-18-10 at 02:56 PM.
    06-18-10 02:49 PM
    I just tried to get mine swapped out and was told that because I don't have insurance on this phone that they can't swap it out but would offer me the new curve model for $139 or a Storm 2 for $269. I asked about the Bold and she said I could get one at ful retail price. I then asked about a shortage of Tours and she said she has not heard of such a shortage and there are still plenty of Tours in the system.
    RIM offers the 1-yr manufacturers warranty, so this is BS. I don't carry insurance on my BB and got the Bold FRU earlier today.
    06-18-10 02:51 PM
    What the number to call from your phone, *611? I'm going to give this a try!
    06-18-10 02:55 PM
    Hi all. Been lurking and decided to call yesterday. I was on the phone for 43 minutes, mainly on hold, but I'm having mine shipped, my BOLD 9650. Unfortunately, it was late in the day and although the lady said it would be here tomorrow (today), I called back and got a tracking number and it will be here on Monday. Oh well, I won't complain.

One thing that I'm not seeing though, is in regards to accessories. The CS I spoke with (she rocked!) asked me what accessories I had. I told her I had a Seidio hard case and charging cradle, as well as the leather magnetic holster. She's hooking me up with an Otterbox case and desktop cradle as well as the leather holster. And much to my delight, on the FedEx website, my package weight is 4#!!!! Saaaa-weeeeetttt!!!
    what the number to call from your phone, *611? I'm going to give this a try!
    800-922-0204
    800-922-0204
    Thanks so much!
    06-18-10 02:59 PM
    Thanks so much!
    You will have to troubleshoot the Tour when you're on with the tech! Call form a different line.
    06-18-10 03:01 PM
    called back a second time after i was only offered a new tour by wednesday saying that i would need a phone by monday or tuesday bc of a trip i might be taking, after a long time of the CSR checking warehouses for tours with no luck he "sold" me on the bold..

the thing about the way he sold it was that he said the only difference between the two was that you can put a sim card in the bold unlike the tour.. i was like ...oh...interesting... sounds fine to me...

nonetheless getting a bold on monday

crackberry is awesome!
    06-18-10 03:03 PM
    I got my new Bold replacement today too! Had legitimate trackball issues, so I am very happy!!!
    I didn't get the brand new box, just a brown box with the phone, but doesn't matter to me.
    06-18-10 03:04 PM
    just did it and they're sending it today! thanks so much fellow crackberry users!
    06-18-10 03:04 PM
    You will have to troubleshoot the Tour when you're on with the tech! Call form a different line.
    Nope, just tell them that you currently don't have access to another phone and they'll ask some BS questions like if you dropped it or got it wet and then give in.
    06-18-10 03:05 PM
    Regarding the posts a page or two ago about being able to use either b/u restore or DSW......that would be just for data, right.

Or some apps, too.

But if someone is going from a Tour with 4.7 to the Bold with 5.x, then some apps might need to be redownloaded if there were diff versions of the app, right?
    06-18-10 03:06 PM
    Nope, just tell them that you currently don't have access to another phone and they'll ask some BS questions like if you dropped it or got it wet and then give in.
    No, you HAVE TO troubleshoot it. If it has water damage that's an insurance issue and they direct you to Asurion.
    06-18-10 03:10 PM
2,047 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD