09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    You will not get an order confirmation, only a shipment email.
    Oh, interesting.
    06-18-10 03:07 PM
    To anyone curious, my device came loaded with .699.
    Mine came with 732. The box has a sticker over the s/w verision showing the update. I have a blue dot too, whatever that means!
    06-18-10 03:08 PM
    Mine says 3 lbs also.

for those who have received their new or refurbed bolds, what was the shipping weight listed on the fedex tracking site? i just looked at mine after reading another post and it's 3 lbs., suggesting it might be a new unit (as opposed to just the phone body that the rep told me i'll be getting).
    06-18-10 03:09 PM
    For those that have been successful with the Bold replacement, how long did it take you to get your email confirmation / tracking info via email? I called CS at about 10:30am est and still have not received email with tracking info? The CS rep said I should have it by Mon or Tues? I remember the last time I got a replacement Tour, the email came in about 2 or 3 hours after I got off the phone. He did give me my order # so I assume everything is fine?

Thanks,
    Michael
    06-18-10 03:10 PM
    You will not get an order confirmation, only a shipment email.
    I got both.
    06-18-10 03:11 PM
    Mine says 3 lbs also.

Mine is 1 lb. Im guessing then it's a fru, but I dont really care either way

And i wish the rep yesterday morning had done overnight shipping (she called and left a message saying it would be taken care of). Oh well, on Monday I wont really care anymore.
    06-18-10 03:12 PM
    For those that have been successful with the Bold replacement, how long did it take you to get your email confirmation / tracking info via email?
    i called CS at 10:26am. received shipping email at 12:07pm.
    06-18-10 03:13 PM
    i believe the question was how long did it take for you to get your confirmation emails.
    I called around 11:35EST and just received my confirmation. Mine is being shipped by UPS.
    does it have an estimated delivery date?
    06-18-10 03:14 PM
    Mine is 1 lb. Im guessing then it's a fru, but I dont really care either way
    interesting. yeah, i'm the same. i don't care if it's new or refurb. just want one that works.
    Mine came with 732. The box has a sticker over the s/w verision showing the update. I have a blue dot too, whatever that means!
    Yeah mine had a green circle sticker on it. I wonder what the different OS' mean..
    does it have an estimated delivery date?
    Coming up as invalid right now. Must still be processing.
    06-18-10 03:15 PM
    Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Weight 2.0 lbs/.9 kg

I got shipment confirmation within 3 hours. Here's my retail box with FRU sticker, s/w sticker and blue dot. Blue dot must mean s/w is updated.
    06-18-10 03:15 PM
    just called. CSR told me i had to take it to the store. told him i already did this 2 weeks ago and he said I will have to take it in again for them to look at it and trouble shoot
    That's what they told me yesterday. I called again today, told them I wiped the device, loaded the latest OS, and did a battery pull. I said the trackball still has issues and they said they would replace it with the Bold 9650. The CS rep said there were no more Tours to give out as a replacement...
    06-18-10 03:16 PM
    Bold will be delivered on Monday! THANK YOU CRACKBERRY AND VERIZON!!!

I called in, the customer service rep said I should try bringing my phone to vzw store. I told him that this method (over the phone and fedex) is far more convenient for me. He said that I'll only get my phone on Monday. I said that's fine. He transferred me to technical support. I told the technician my trackball was stuck again and this time it's not unsticking. He said if it's stuck, it's definitely not a software issue, but pulling the battery fixes most software mouse-sticking problems. I agreed. He said since it's not a software issue, so he'll just send me a replacement. He was very friendly and fast.

DONE! I have an Arizona number, but I had the phone shipped to NJ near NYC. According to Fedex, my phone is being shipped from Ontario.

YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!! I hope you can all get the same deal.
    06-18-10 03:18 PM
    I received two order numbers. I was told the battery would be a seperate order. I am expecting phone and back in 1 box, battery in 2nd. No accessories.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 03:18 PM
    for those who have received their new or refurbed bolds, what was the shipping weight listed on the fedex tracking site? i just looked at mine after reading another post and it's 3 lbs., suggesting it might be a new unit (as opposed to just the phone body that the rep told me i'll be getting).
    Mine states a shipping weight of 2.0lbs so thats in between the 1 and 3 lbs, i have read about here. so what could mine be???????
    06-18-10 03:26 PM
    So my service rep today told me that they did not have any refurbished tours in stock and they would be sending me a brand new tour instead? Make any sense to anyone? Im guessing he didn't put two and two together and notice the name change in the system ?

I asked him if I should keep my battery and battery door and he told me to send everything back that I received originally.

Anyway, ill try to update on Monday when the package is received.
    06-18-10 03:27 PM
    FYI if your "Shipping Weight" on FedEx.com is 2.0 lbs/.9 kg you are getting a BRAND NEW IN BOX Bold 9650
    06-18-10 03:29 PM
    Ohh how sweet it is. Just got off the phone with VZW CS and my new Bold 9650 ships today and will arrive on tuesday. My problem, the track ball. Now for the long wait.
    06-18-10 03:29 PM
    I just tried to get mine swapped out and was told that because I don't have insurance on this phone that they can't swap it out but would offer me the new curve model for $139 or a Storm 2 for $269. I asked about the Bold and she said I could get one at ful retail price. I then asked about a shortage of Tours and she said she has not heard of such a shortage and there are still plenty of Tours in the system.
    06-18-10 03:30 PM
    FYI if your "Shipping Weight" on FedEx.com is 2.0 lbs/.9 kg you are getting a BRAND NEW IN BOX Bold 9650
    Not necessarily. Mine is in retail box but marked FRU. It really doesn't matter, this thing is MINT!
    06-18-10 03:32 PM
    I just tried to get mine swapped out and was told that because I don't have insurance on this phone that they can't swap it out but would offer me the new curve model for $139 or a Storm 2 for $269. I asked about the Bold and she said I could get one at ful retail price. I then asked about a shortage of Tours and she said she has not heard of such a shortage and there are still plenty of Tours in the system.
    she lies , call back!
    If you are right YOU ARE AWSOME!!!!!
2,047 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD