09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    What sprint user? Will this bold replacement work for us?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 01:51 PM
    You can not tell if its a refurb on the phone. The phone does not have any of that information nor in the OS.

Build dates are found on boxes..usually retail white box.

People seriously dont know the meaning of refurb do you? If a screen is cracked, they will replace the screen, clean it and the internals, slap on a new case with stickers and call it a REFURB. Trackball problems? Swap out trackball, clean it, slap on new case with stickers and call it a REFURB. All they're doing is repairing/swapping damaged parts and leaving all working parts and putting a new case. Not to mention resetting to factory settings.

This applies to all electronics. All they are doing is replacing damaged parts and putting a new housing and using that as a replacement.
    I'm not complaining about it being a FRU. I was just curious as to if there was a way to find out for sure. My device looks and feels perfect. Trackpad is a little off to the left, but I forgot about that as soon as I started playing around with it.
    I figured they would transfer but my question was more if the particular app had different versions for 4.7 on the Tour versus 5.x on the Bold.

No biggie. It might be best to do fresh installs for each app (as mentioned above).
    You will have to reinstall the new version but you shouldn't have to pay for it.

No, this is a Verizon replacement only.
    06-18-10 01:52 PM
    Quick question: Will a simple backup and restore work with different devices, or must I use the device transfer feature in DM?
    06-18-10 01:52 PM
    Reported a problem with my trackball. Told the CSR I had upgraded the OS and rebooted. He arranged to have it replaced with a Bold with out a second thought. It was almost like he was promoting it. Told me it was just like the Tour except with some improvements.

Thanks Verizon!!!
    06-18-10 01:53 PM
    Quick question: Will a simple backup and restore work with different devices, or must I use the device transfer feature in DM?
    Simple back up and restore will work. DSW is not necessary
    06-18-10 01:53 PM
    After a couple of sessions with my CSR, I too have a Bold on the way. Initially said I would have to wait until stock replenished on the tour, but called back an hour later to offer the Bold. Also, was told the unit would be a like new without the battery or battery door. However, I checked my tracking and the weight of the package is 3 pounds instead of the one pound that was listed when my replacement tour was sent in the brown box. After seeing the other poster with a brand new one, I am hopeful this is the case for me also!
    06-18-10 01:55 PM
    Simple back up and restore will work. DSW is not necessary
    Thanks. Can't wait to be up and running!
    06-18-10 01:56 PM

A little annoyed now... the title says "Verizon" not "Sprint". Please, for the sake of other user, read the title before you post. Thank you

/End Rant

Can't wait for my Bold on Monday. My brother's comes in on Tuesday
    06-18-10 01:57 PM
    A little annoyed now... the title says "Verizon" not "Sprint". Please, for the sake of other user, read the title before you post. Thank you

/End Rant

Can't wait for my Bold on Monday. My brother's comes in on Tuesday

there's another thread in the Sprint/nextel section, most sprint users have reported that they are getting refurb tours still
    06-18-10 01:59 PM
    I just called in and they tried troubleshooting with me. Told me I had to do a software reset to identify the problem. Told him my trackball sticks, both that the ball doesnt move, and that sometimes it moves but the cursor doesnt.

Anyone have any ideas? He said he notated my account, crap.
    I'm not complaining about it being a FRU. I was just curious as to if there was a way to find out for sure. My device looks and feels perfect. Trackpad is a little off to the left, but I forgot about that as soon as I started playing around with it.
    My comment wasnt directed toward you specifically. Just a general statement. I dont mind FRUs so as long they work.

I was wondering the same thing. I would think that backup/restore would not work with it...device transfer would probably be good. I think i'm just going to do the contacts backup and swap the contacts over then re download my apps. I only have a couple anyways.
    06-18-10 02:00 PM
    I just called in and they tried troubleshooting with me. Told me I had to do a software reset to identify the problem. Told him my trackball sticks, both that the ball doesnt move, and that sometimes it moves but the cursor doesnt.

Yea, I have an idea...call back again and get another CSR. That guy you talked to is an *****.
    06-18-10 02:01 PM
    If i were to overnight ship my brothers phone # and it were to come tomorrow, can i activate that new phone to my #? just wondering cus there are 2 coming for my family already on monday and tuesday and was wondering if I can activate my line from my brothers order. LOL shhh dont tell him
    06-18-10 02:02 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I would think that backup/restore would not work with it...device transfer would probably be good. I think i'm just going to do the contacts backup and swap the contacts over then re download my apps. I only have a couple anyways.
    You do not need to use device switch wizard. Start DM, go to backup/restore, restore, browse to back up file and just do it.

Your data is not device dependent. I did a simple restore when I went from Curve to Storm to Storm2 to Tour.
    06-18-10 02:03 PM

Here's my progression:

Call 1: Told to reboot, reset, reactivate, etc.
    Call 2: Told to take it to a VZW store to have rep troubleshoot with me.
    Call 3: Told to take to clean it.
    Call 4: New Bold on the way.
    Yep simple backup and restore will work.. or switch device wizard.. either
    I called Customer Service and the very polite man said he would be sending me a BOLD and it should be here on tuesday! Verizon is being very polite about the situation so I hope everyone is respecting this favor from Verizon! I know I am!
    There is the possibility that at least some are coming from, for lack of a better word, initial devices that VZW employees used to test out the device before released. But I would doubt that. Be interested to hear what your sis in law says....
    Sis-in-law said they have no way of knowing If these are refurbed or not, she said all she is doing is noting the account and it will be shipped from a warehouse to the account address. She talked to the manager to see if he could find out and no luck there either. So its like christmas, suspense and suprise!
    06-18-10 02:04 PM
    To anyone curious, my device came loaded with .699.
    How long did it take most of you to receive your email confirmation of order after getting off the phone. It has been about 3 hours and I haven't seen an email yet.
    How long did it take most of you to receive your email confirmation of order after getting off the phone. It has been about 3 hours and I haven't seen an email yet.
    You will not get an order confirmation, only a shipment email.
    06-18-10 02:05 PM
    for those who have received their new or refurbed bolds, what was the shipping weight listed on the fedex tracking site? i just looked at mine after reading another post and it's 3 lbs., suggesting it might be a new unit (as opposed to just the phone body that the rep told me i'll be getting).
    06-18-10 02:06 PM
2,047 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD