09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Got my tracking number for both phones..

Ship date
    Jun 18, 2010

Estimated delivery
    Jun 19, 2010 by 12:00 PM

Service type
    Priority Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
    06-18-10 01:29 PM
    The white oem box like I posted earlier? with all the stuff inside?
    Nope, the plain brown cardboard box. I'm surprised you got the retail box. Might have been a mix-up on their part.
    06-18-10 01:30 PM
    I'm 99% positive your apps will transfer but the settings for them won't. You will also need to re-register all your paid apps so you're going to have to do some digging in some old e-mails to get the activation codes again.

If the code doesn't work, that means it is PIN specified. Go to mobihand.com or E-mail the company and say you got a replacement phone and tell them your new PIN and they will update your purchase and will send you a new code.
    I figured they would transfer but my question was more if the particular app had different versions for 4.7 on the Tour versus 5.x on the Bold.

No biggie. It might be best to do fresh installs for each app (as mentioned above).
    Last edited by jlb21; 06-18-10 at 01:36 PM.
    06-18-10 01:31 PM
    also i have another ?

Now that we're going to Bolds will we get a new warranty time period? Or still tied to the Tour original purchase period?
    congratulations to everyone who is getting a new Bold in the mail! we deserve this... no more trackball problems and now we will continue to get future updates like OS6!

for anyone else who is having problems not receiving a new bold, keep calling. it is worth it.

thanks again crackberry community
    Is there anyway I can find out within the OS itself if the phone is a refurb? Also, how can I find the build date?
    06-18-10 01:33 PM
    If i were to overnight ship my brothers phone # and it were to come tomorrow, can i activate that new phone to my #? just wondering cus there are 2 coming for my family already on monday and tuesday and was wondering if I can activate my line from my brothers order. LOL shhh dont tell him
    06-18-10 01:33 PM
    yeah i guess so. Kind of like the day the Tours came out. Everyone got one then realized the battery door was loose. So if anything maybe the "refurbs" we get have very very minimal use on them and already have one kink worked out of them. Either way idc refurbs are ok with me. With the dates you mentioned it does seem a little odd though.
    I highly doubt these are refurbs. Its been out for 2 weeks. There is no way for them to receive replacements from us, test them, change them out, ship it back to warehouse. Even legit purchasers of the 9650 are still under the 30 day warranty and would get BRAND NEW replacements.
    06-18-10 01:35 PM
    also i have another ?

Now that we're going to Bolds will we get a new warranty time period? Or still tied to the Tour original purchase period?
    from VZW's website:

If you're having a problem with your wireless device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll?free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the wireless device, we'll send you a Certified Like?New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door. Certified Like?New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original wireless device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.

the rep i spoke to said my new phone would have a 90 day warranty since my tour's orignal warranty is up in mid-july.
    06-18-10 01:36 PM

Can you attach...can't get to tinypic from work
    Last edited by jlb21; 06-18-10 at 01:39 PM.
    06-18-10 01:37 PM
    Now I'm confused. You got a white retail box but this brown box was inside along with all the accessories?
    06-18-10 01:37 PM
    No, just the standard FRU box. Plain FedEx box with a small, plain brown cardboard box with the device inside. Nothing else.
    06-18-10 01:38 PM
    I highly doubt these are refurbs. Its been out for 2 weeks. There is no way for them to receive replacements from us, test them, change them out, ship it back to warehouse. Even legit purchasers of the 9650 are still under the 30 day warranty and would get BRAND NEW replacements.
    I was told by the online VZ tech that these are definatley refurbs, warranty is the remainder of yours or 90 days, which ever is greater. I am checking w/my sis-n-law now to see if she knows anything about the build status.
    06-18-10 01:40 PM
    So which boxes do you send the Tour (or whatever) back in?

I have my old Tour box. Should I use that and keep whatever comes with the Bold?
    06-18-10 01:40 PM
    Is there anyway I can find out within the OS itself if the phone is a refurb? Also, how can I find the build date?
    You can not tell if its a refurb on the phone. The phone does not have any of that information nor in the OS.

Build dates are found on boxes..usually retail white box.

People seriously dont know the meaning of refurb do you? If a screen is cracked, they will replace the screen, clean it and the internals, slap on a new case with stickers and call it a REFURB. Trackball problems? Swap out trackball, clean it, slap on new case with stickers and call it a REFURB. All they're doing is repairing/swapping damaged parts and leaving all working parts and putting a new case. Not to mention resetting to factory settings.

This applies to all electronics. All they are doing is replacing damaged parts and putting a new housing and using that as a replacement.
    06-18-10 01:41 PM
    I was told by the online VZ tech that these are definatley refurbs, warranty is the remainder of yours or 90 days, which ever is greater. I am checking w/my sis-n-law now to see if she knows anything about the build status.
    There is the possibility that at least some are coming from, for lack of a better word, initial devices that VZW employees used to test out the device before released. But I would doubt that. Be interested to hear what your sis in law says....
    06-18-10 01:42 PM
    No, just the standard FRU box. Plain FedEx box with a small, plain brown cardboard box with the device inside. Nothing else.
    Sorry, I thought it was plkcable who posted the pics.
    Nope, the plain brown cardboard box. I'm surprised you got the retail box. Might have been a mix-up on their part.
    My OEM box does have a sticker on the side that says "SKU: FRUBB9650"

I knew it was a refurb as soon as I saw that. It is perfect in every way. The CSR did tell me specifically that the box would have everything in it.

Sorry, I thought it was plkcable who posted the pics.
    I did post the pics
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-18-10 at 01:44 PM.
    also i have another ?

Warranty is from the purchase date of the phone no matter what
    06-18-10 01:43 PM
    4 phone calls later, my Bold will be here Tuesday!
    06-18-10 01:45 PM
    Success.

I have a legitimately wonky trackball that is most evident when playing games (like wordmole) or otherwise horizontally scrolling, but I have hesitated to replace it because I didn't want one with an even "wonkier" ball. It seems to be getting worse as time goes by, though and my warranty was up next month. This is the perfect solution for me.

Arrives Monday.
    me and all my friends got new bold boxes no FRU boxes. They only have a very limited supply of refurbished bolds. MOST of the ones your gonna get are brand new Bolds.
    What about sprint users? Will this replacement work for us?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 01:50 PM
    SUCCESS!!!!! My BOLD is coming. Wont get it until monday, but thats ok. My CS Rep was extremely nice.

He initially said it would be another TOUR but then said they were out of stock, mentioned the e-mail he received, and asked if a BOLD was ok. i told him it sure was and it'll be here monday.

Thanks for the help everybody.

I luv me some crackberry!
    06-18-10 01:50 PM
2,047 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD