09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    sounds like a bold to me!
    I didn't get any indication it would be a Bold. I even asked if it was going to be the same type of phone and she said it would. I have a feeling I'll be getting another Tour...
    06-18-10 02:11 PM
    just called. CSR told me i had to take it to the store. told him i already did this 2 weeks ago and he said I will have to take it in again for them to look at it and trouble shoot
    06-18-10 02:12 PM
    New Bold is on the way!!!
    06-18-10 02:12 PM
    I didn't get any indication it would be a Bold. I even asked if it was going to be the same type of phone and she said it would. I have a feeling I'll be getting another Tour...
    call them back and ask and demand for a bold lol
    06-18-10 02:15 PM
    ok...silly question......

Apps......

Going from a Tour running 4.7 to the Bold. I cannot remember, but do paid apps like BerryBuzz have OS specific versions?

If so, do I bother to transfer the app over from my Tour backup files or DL new?

I also have Quicklaunch and PodTrapper as paid apps.

I also have the same question about free apps like Poynt, Wordpress, Ebay, etc. I cannot remember if I had to give an OS spec or if it was just something like "4.2 or higher".

Thanks!
    06-18-10 02:15 PM
    At this rate, the bolds will be out of stock quicker than the incredible and evo. haha. It's good to see that verizon is doing right by the customer's who were burned by a bad Tour. I went through 4. Did Storm1 owners go through this same "replacement" situation?? Problem I see here is that all of the people who called in wanting to get a free upgrade who really didn't have any issues to begin with ... it's like a damn piranha feeding frenzy in here. How much would it S*ck if they stick you with a bill for a phone if they find out that there was nothing wrong with the phone. perhaps not.

How many ppl have actually received their "refurbished" or "Certified Like-New" phones in the plain brown box? So far 1 user has posted what he actually received.

And what is a "FRU"? Only thing I can relate to it is a "field replacement unit".
    Last edited by wrwrx; 06-18-10 at 02:19 PM.
    06-18-10 02:16 PM
    I want to do this, however my Tour has been opened in order to replace the housing. I changed the housing back to the stock one a while back, however I am afraid that once I send the phone back to verizon (I assume they want the tours sent back to them after they issue the bolds) that I will get charged for the phone. Anyone have any experience with this?
    I had a new housing and switched it back when I got a new Tour in the mail. On the new Tour, I carefully took the little white sticker over the screw and put it back on the old phone so they won't think it was ever opened.

Then I got another Tour. I sent the second Tour back that was never opened but without the white sticker and no questions asked. I'll deny ever opening it and say it must have came off or it was never there.
    06-18-10 02:17 PM
    just called. CSR told me i had to take it to the store. told him i already did this 2 weeks ago and he said I will have to take it in again for them to look at it and trouble shoot
    Same. Sad.
    06-18-10 02:18 PM
    called and the person who helped me had to check an additional warehouse, and then it turned out she found another tour to send that i will get tuesday or wednesday... lame. oh well, my blackberry key was acting sticky anyway..
    06-18-10 02:18 PM
    For everyone in the midwest!! I'm from Minnesota and called verizon and the lady told me they no longer have the tour and won't be getting anymore. She then said it was officially discontinued! My new BOLD will be here on Monday. Don't worry about them checking the phone. If its discontinued, they have no reason to check it. Whoever earlier said they have replacement tours in the midwest was WRONG!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 02:19 PM

Apps......

Going from a Tour running 4.7 to the Bold. I cannot remember, but do paid apps like BerryBuzz have OS specific versions?

If so, do I bother to transfer the app over from my Tour backup files or DL new?

I also have the same question about free apps like Poynt, Wordpress, Ebay, etc. I cannot remember if I had to give an OS spec or if it was just something like "4.2 or higher".

Thanks!
    i would do a fresh install of the apps and for the paid apps change them to work with the bold 9650 and you should be fine
    I am on my 3rd (maybe 4th) Tour and the trackball works well (finally). The only real problems I have is signal fluctuations which is killing my battery.

What do I tell them when I call?
    yeah that's what I am thinking about at this point.

I'll make sure I get Berrybuzz, QL, and PodTrapper going first and then worry about the freebies.
    06-18-10 02:21 PM

Apps......

Thanks!
    I'm 99% positive your apps will transfer but the settings for them won't. You will also need to re-register all your paid apps so you're going to have to do some digging in some old e-mails to get the activation codes again.

If the code doesn't work, that means it is PIN specified. Go to mobihand.com or E-mail the company and say you got a replacement phone and tell them your new PIN and they will update your purchase and will send you a new code.
    06-18-10 02:21 PM
    Called CSR about the bad trackball on my Tour, they informed me they'd send me a warranty replacement Bold 9650. Score!!
    06-18-10 02:22 PM
    GREAT ODEN'S RAVEN THAT WAS TOO EASY.....

i just got off the phone...got the same " looks like we're having a warehouse inventory issue with the Tour, going to have to issue a replacement bold"..i said ok. It should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

How is it they already have "replacement" Bolds? ....not that i really care. I'm not that sensitive to "refurbs" as long as they work. Just curious.
    06-18-10 02:23 PM
    You will probably get a certified like-new Bold, that's what I received today. Looks perfect, OEM box, all the candy (cables, books, etc).
    From the pics you posted, I dont think that is a FRU. FRU comes in brown boxes with no accessories or anything except for phone. Post a pic of the sticker on the side of the box. From what you have said and posted (white box, with all accessories), you got a BRAND NEW phone.

FYI, even replacement phones have stickers on the phone. Outside housing is all new but the internal can be from old phones.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 06-18-10 at 02:29 PM.
    06-18-10 02:25 PM
    If I don't get an email back here in a hour or so I'm giving CS a call tonight
    i called around 11 am...was told I will be getting a certified "like-new" tour, I played dumb and said I thought that this phone wasn't really being sold anymore as you have the same thing with a trackpad on it. He told me thats the bold I have the tour and the tour is what I'll be receiving. (that's fine my trackball sucked)

Called back 2 hours later to get the confirmation information amd asked again saying I didnt know how they had stock of a phone they aren't really selling anymore. She assured me I will be getting a like-new refurbished tour. Guess I'll have to wait till monday to see whats actually in the box
    Just got mine...came in the standard replacement box, but the device looks brand new. Came with a battery door.
    GREAT ODEN'S RAVEN THAT WAS TOO EASY.....

i just got off the phone...got the same " looks like we're having a warehouse inventory issue with the Tour, going to have to issue a replacement bold"..i said ok. It should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

How is it they already have "replacement" Bolds? ....not that i really care. I'm not that sensitive to "refurbs" as long as they work. Just curious.
    That was my question. The build date on my Bold is 05/29/10, and they were released on 6/3/10. How the **** are there refurb'd ones already??

I did read on the Bold forums something about a rattling piece in the camera area. Maybe that's the first round of issues for Bold.
    06-18-10 02:26 PM
    Just got mine...came in the standard replacement box, but the device looks brand new. Came with a battery door.
    The white oem box like I posted earlier? with all the stuff inside?
    06-18-10 02:26 PM
    Well there you go JorGeorge. Thanks for that. So u get the brown huh? I wonder if Verizon purposely ordered a mass quantity of these "FRU" units in anticipation of what would happen. i.e. the feeding frenzy.
    06-18-10 02:27 PM
    They might just be marking in the system that they a FRU exchange. Does it say it on the phone, box or just the paper work?
    06-18-10 02:29 PM
    That was my question. The build date on my Bold is 05/29/10, and they were released on 6/3/10. How the **** are there refurb'd ones already??

I did read on the Bold forums something about a rattling piece in the camera area. Maybe that's the first round of issues for Bold.

yeah i guess so. Kind of like the day the Tours came out. Everyone got one then realized the battery door was loose. So if anything maybe the "refurbs" we get have very very minimal use on them and already have one kink worked out of them. Either way idc refurbs are ok with me. With the dates you mentioned it does seem a little odd though.
    06-18-10 02:29 PM
2,047 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD