09-19-10 09:45 PM
2,047 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    i just noticed that there going to have alot of tours to refurbished so some people might not get lucky
    06-18-10 12:18 PM
    Just as an FYI to everyone getting a Bold, and maybe everyone knows this, but the warranty on the Bold will not be 1 year. It will be the greater of remaining warranty on your Tour or 90 days.

No biggie.
    06-18-10 12:18 PM
    Long story short. Saw the article Called VZW because they offered a BOLD as an early upgrade back on the 3rd. I said if I had waited I would have got the BOLD for free for my fubared tour correct? Was put on hold and voila Bold is en route have to send back my early upgrade one will get credit back to account.

It is due to the fact that they are out of TOURS for replacements. So if you want a BOLD you better get to gettin'
    06-18-10 12:22 PM
    Just as an FYI to everyone getting a Bold, and maybe everyone knows this, but the warranty on the Bold will not be 1 year. It will be the greater of remaining warranty on your Tour or 90 days.

No biggie.
    wait does the insurace i currently have will count towards it?? i had that same insurance since the storm and then i got the tour and now im getting the bold
    06-18-10 12:22 PM
    just a note, this is NOT working for sprint, i was really having trackball issues, and they are sending me a 9630.... damn
    06-18-10 12:23 PM
    This is legit! I just called. They are out of stock. My 9650 will be arriving on Monday!!!! #Letgo!
    06-18-10 12:23 PM
    my bold will be here tuesday i definitely love verizon, after 4 tours im happy to be getting the bold!
    06-18-10 12:24 PM
    Just got off the phone with verizon. The new bold is being shipped out today. Hopefully I will have it Monday, or Tuesday.
    06-18-10 12:26 PM
    Yep, legit. Called and the CR lady was like "OH! I'm sorry sir, we are all out of Tours, can I send you the new Bold?"
    06-18-10 12:26 PM
    Got a bold coming here too! They told me they aren't getting any tours to replace them with anymore because of all the problems!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 12:31 PM
    Here it is....
    Whoa, you get the real box, not just the little brown one that replacement phones come in? Did it have all the good stuff in it?
    06-18-10 12:35 PM
    The best part was she felt the need to talk me into the bold as being a good replacement haha she was super nice and friendly though props to verizon for stepping up and doing the right thing!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 12:35 PM
    Whoa, you get the real box, not just the little brown one that replacement phones come in? Did it have all the good stuff in it?
    Yes, everything is in the box, and the memory card is installed. The Bold even has the film on it.

It has a build date of 5/29/10.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-18-10 at 12:42 PM.
    06-18-10 12:40 PM
    No love for me. Told me to go to a store. Told them I already went. Didn't seem to care. Oh well.
    Call back and you will get a different rep that will do it. Keep trying. Don't mention that you have already tried to get this done. My CSR didn't even see the notes on my account from an hour ago when I was denied.

--M

06-18-10 12:40 PM
    I just called verizon and told them that my scroll ball and a couple of the keys were sticking. They said they were gonna send me out another tour which i thought was pretty lame, but before she placed the order she said that they were out of stock and she said she would email me with a confirmation number if they found another tour. She said if they couldnt find another tour(which hopefully they wont)they said they would contact me about a new phone so hopefully its a bold so i dont have to use an upgrade and rub it in all the people at works face who just paid 250 for a new bold =)
    06-18-10 12:41 PM
    SO happy I popped on over to CB today! I just finished talking with CS and tech support and they're sending me a BOLD. I did the "What's that phone like?" and he said "It's a newer model that we just started selling, but if you'd prefer a Tour as a replacement we can send one out as soon as we get more in stock." Uh oh! "Oh, well let me look it up real quick, I'm in front of my computer... Oh, it looks the same. The Bold will be fine." It'll come in next week since it's Friday.
    06-18-10 12:43 PM
    Just read the post about this about 10 mins after doing a OTA upgrade. Called verizon and told them that i started the OTA upgrade and now the phone won't do anything after sitting for several hours. 9650 will be delivered tomorrow for $20 shipping. Now do i just use BBsak and wipe the 9630 and then mail back? Thanks.
    06-18-10 12:45 PM
    just a note, this is NOT working for sprint, i was really having trackball issues, and they are sending me a 9630.... damn
    Ok, I don't wanna come off as mean, but, the thread title says "Verizon" not Sprint. I already stated that it was a Verizon issue, not Sprint
    06-18-10 12:50 PM
    Just read the post about this about 10 mins after doing a OTA upgrade. Called verizon and told them that i started the OTA upgrade and now the phone won't do anything after sitting for several hours. 9650 will be delivered tomorrow for $20 shipping. Now do i just use BBsak and wipe the 9630 and then mail back? Thanks.
    Once you know your Bold works, do a secure wipe and mail it back to them. They won't know a thing
    06-18-10 12:51 PM
    I don't want to wait!! What was I thinking? I called back and the CSR got me a BOLD on the way. Should be here Tuesday before 7pm. Hmmm I was reading some posts while waiting and decided to ask for next day overnight. CSR said absolutely and it will be here Monday before 3pm and waived the shipping fee. The CSR did not even see that I had called an hour earlier. I am so happy that VZW has helped me out on this phone. It has been a pain that I decided to live with. Until now. Thanks to all that have bitched and moaned about this. Every once and a while the squeeky wheel is heard. --M

Don't wait to call. You never know when this will end.
    Last edited by mldenniscb; 06-18-10 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
    06-18-10 12:55 PM
    I spoke to my sis-in-law she is a VZ sales rep in the store here in town. she said they were told if any one brings in a tour for trouble work, to order a bold and have it shipped to their address. FYI
    06-18-10 12:56 PM
    me and my cousin was successful and we are both getting bolds monday
    06-18-10 01:00 PM
    I just called and the CS rep said I was going to get a "certified" replacement so it doesn't look like I'm getting a Bold. She went on saying the certified replacements are phones that customers have returned with the first 30 days after people purchased them and decided they didn't like them.
    06-18-10 01:00 PM
    I just called and the CS rep said I was going to get a "certified" replacement so it doesn't look like I'm getting a Bold. She went on saying the certified replacements are phones that customers have returned with the first 30 days after people purchased them and decided they didn't like them.
    sounds like a bold to me!
    06-18-10 01:03 PM
    You will probably get a certified like-new Bold, that's what I received today. Looks perfect, OEM box, all the candy (cables, books, etc).
    06-18-10 01:08 PM
2,047 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD