09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    im getting the bold just so when july comes i sell it for 250 bucks!
    Last edited by Retrokid223; 06-18-10 at 12:39 PM.
    06-18-10 12:36 PM
    Rep I just spoke to said that they they have been having issues with all of the Tours and are aware that many people are trying to get upgrades now that the Bold is out. Very nice guy who said he replaced his Tour with Bold and that CS has been advised that not only is there no inventory of Tours right now, but that they also are to automatically issue customers with Bold replacements and not try to find a way around it. Sounds to me like they either have or have gotten close to clearing out their old Tour stash and are moving on.

And yes, I'm on my 4th Tour and getting my Bold on Tuesday! Thanks for the info!
    06-18-10 12:37 PM
    Overnight Friday will be Monday. Fedex does not run on Saturday or Sunday.
    They do delivery on Saturdays. I had a replacement Tour delivered to me a few months ago on a Saturday. The Verizon rep you talk to basically needs to be in a really, really good mood when helping you out. If they're feeling generous they can put in for free Saturday delivery. It basically just depends on the rep.
    06-18-10 12:37 PM
    Rep I just spoke to said that they they have been having issues with all of the Tours and are aware that many people are trying to get upgrades now that the Bold is out. Very nice guy who said he replaced his Tour with Bold and that CS has been advised that not only is there no inventory of Tours right now, but that they also are to automatically issue customers with Bold replacements and not try to find a way around it. Sounds to me like they either have or have gotten close to clearing out their old Tour stash and are moving on.

And yes, I'm on my 4th Tour and getting my Bold on Tuesday! Thanks for the info!
    same thing my rep told me, i didnt even mention BOLD and she was saying " im sending you a replacement bold for the tour" and my answer to play it off was "whats a bold? lol"
    06-18-10 12:43 PM
    Actually, thats not true. I ordered a cabinet and it was delivered by FedEx on a Saturday even though it was slated for Monday delivery. Not to mention, business need documents delivered ASAP to meet deadline or may contain important documents.
    Not trying to spew bad info, just what was stated on their website. It may be a regional thing as well?
    06-18-10 12:44 PM
    I just called back and have a Bold on the way as well! Nice.
    06-18-10 12:44 PM
    Just delivered. Will have pics up soon.
    06-18-10 12:45 PM
    Just delivered. Will have pics up soon.
    does it come new or in a brown box?
    06-18-10 12:46 PM
    The Rep I spoke with sounded like he had to "sell" me the Bold lol. He went on and on about the updated trackpad, memory gain, etc. Explained to me that it would take some getting used to but that in the end I would fall in love. He said he could offer me a Curve 2, or a Storm 2, but he really recommended the Bold. I played along like I was worried about possibly downgrading, or having to buy new chargers, etc. He assured me that this was the best way to go, and that he himself would be upgrading his Curve 2 ASAP. I don't mind having to wait until Tuesday. It gives me the weekend to search around the forum for things to try, and NOT to try, with my new Bold
    06-18-10 12:49 PM
    No love for me. Told me to go to a store. Told them I already went. Didn't seem to care. Oh well.
    06-18-10 12:51 PM
    I called today about poor signal quality on my 9630 since updating to .732 and not only do I have a new Bold coming on Tuesday, but I've also gotten my NE2 upgrade bumped up 12 months!!!!!!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 12:54 PM
    Probably a stupid question, but how do I know if my device is still under warranty?
    06-18-10 12:55 PM
    No love for me. Told me to go to a store. Told them I already went. Didn't seem to care. Oh well.
    u know u can call as many times as u want to get the perfect rep right? lol i do that all the time
    06-18-10 12:56 PM
    Probably a stupid question, but how do I know if my device is still under warranty?
    when did u buy it??
    06-18-10 12:57 PM
    I've been having trackball for a while with my Tour now but never had it replaced, I did however open it up and clean out the trackball area which helped only for a little while. If VZW does send me a Bold will they check my Tour to see if it has been opened up?
    06-18-10 12:57 PM
    NEW BOLD coming my way!! Just got off the phone and they do in fact have no stock of the Tours and are specifically replacing the phone only, for me. No battery or accessories since the phone is practicly identical on the outside. Rep also feels that the must be new but couldn't say for sure. Said they don't usually get refurb until at least 30days in or so, so he felt it almost has to be new. Who cares, at least it should work right now. I qualified for an early upgrade after ******** a week ago about this, but now it's on their dime. I think I'll cal back and have my wifes replaced as well.
    06-18-10 12:59 PM
    On the phone now with VZW. I will be getting my Bold tomorrow but I have to pay the shipping.... I guess that's not a bad price to pay instead of buying the phone and re-uping my plan..HAHA

I even said, "oh wait, what's the Bold? Is that anything like the Curve because if so I don't want it...." Took the person by suprise.. Hahaha!
    06-18-10 01:01 PM
    The date you bought the phone, you have 1 year.
    u know u can call as many times as u want to get the perfect rep right? lol i do that all the time
    You do know that sometimes, the CSR can note it on your account as to what you're calling about so when the next CSR reads the notes, they can deny you or know why you called the previous times.
    06-18-10 01:04 PM
    when did u buy it??
    I believe it was around July 2009. Not sure of the date though. I'm assuming standard warranty is a year?
    06-18-10 01:04 PM
    On the phone now with VZW. I will be getting my Bold tomorrow but I have to pay the shipping.... I guess that's not a bad price to pay instead of buying the phone and re-uping my plan..HAHA

I even said, "oh wait, what's the Bold? Is that anything like the Curve because if so I don't want it...." Took the person by suprise.. Hahaha!
    I did the same thing with my rep and tech guy I talked with about not knowing anything about the bold. I told them that my trackball didn't work after update at beginning of week and that I can't access the options menu. The tech guy was really nice and without missing a beat waived the $20 over night shipping fee so I got my new phone at no cost to me....

The only thing that confused me was that he said they would be sending a refurb???? That don't sound right didn't the bold 9650 just come out???
    06-18-10 01:07 PM
    I believe it was around July 2009. Not sure of the date though. I'm assuming standard warranty is a year?
    yep and i told my cousin to call and there making him do a software update which i though he did already
    06-18-10 01:08 PM
    I received my Bold and was shocked to see it's FRU.
    06-18-10 01:10 PM
    I received my Bold and was shocked to see it's FRU.
    wow thats verry odd
    06-18-10 01:15 PM
    yep and i told my cousin to call and there making him do a software update which i though he did already
    Awesome! I sent them an email (Currently at work) saying that I've been having major problems. And, not trying to take advantage of this, but I actually am having troubles with my Tour.
    06-18-10 01:15 PM
    Here it is....
    06-18-10 01:17 PM
2,047 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD