09-19-10 10:45 PM
2,047 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    new Bold 9650 coming Monday,,,called with Tball issues, device locked up on a wipe,,it is is bricked..rep said you will like the 9650 much more!!

thanks
    06-18-10 12:03 PM
    Thanks. I knew that. It just didn't come across that way.

If I activate online, do I get hit with an activation fee? Is it better, then, to call them to activate it?
    There shouldn't be an activation fee. I do the activate equipment online, and then do the *228 option 1 to program the phone.

Works every time I switch devices, and that's pretty frequently.
    06-18-10 12:06 PM
    My girlfriend has gone through 5 Tours already (on her 6th). They sent a factory replacement like usual. I transfered everthing over using the Device Switch. Started to use the new one and surprise, but the factory refurb has a trackball issue and I hadn't even used it yet.

So, I called VZW on Wednesday morning saying it was not right for them to keep doing this, and said all she could offer me was another refurb, or buy a different refurbished phone. I laughed and said thanks for nothing...

I called back that afternoon and had the nicest rep. I have ever talked to saying that, with approval, she could send me a NEW Bold with FedEx Next Day Air for free. The box just came in the mail and activating it now...

Moral of the story, this is happening and it does work.
    06-18-10 12:06 PM

I called into VZW and told them had track ball issues. Dan said I was able to get a tour replacement and I asked to speak to a supervisor since it was my 3rd replacement. Dan with Tech Support came back on the phone and said there was an email that came out today that they no longer have 9630s in stock. So he said he would overnight a 9650 to me and it will be here on Monday!!!

So all the 9630 users calling into VZW, just remind the representative that an email came out and you should be smiling very shortly.
    06-18-10 12:08 PM
    Still awaiting delivery! I think the FedEx guy is driving around town in an empty truck with only my package in it, just to tease me.
    06-18-10 12:09 PM
    Still awaiting delivery! I think the FedEx guy is driving around town in an empty truck with only my package in it, just to tease me.
    Yea, then he'll drive by, honk and wave at you just to tease you even more...
    06-18-10 12:11 PM

I called into VZW and told them had track ball issues. Dan said I was able to get a tour replacement and I asked to speak to a supervisor since it was my 3rd replacement. Dan with Tech Support came back on the phone and said there was an email that came out today that they no longer have 9630s in stock. So he said he would overnight a 9650 to me and it will be here on Monday!!!

So all the 9630 users calling into VZW, just remind the representative that an email came out and you should be smiling very shortly.
    You should NEVER mention the email.

#1. You dont work for Verizon so you shouldnt know about it
    #2. Mentioning it reveals the true reason why you're calling (just wanting the Bold 9650) and not for a legitimate reason (problems with 9630)
    06-18-10 12:12 PM
    Thank you for this post! 2 new Bolds arriving Monday! Overnight shipping for frrrreeeeeeeee!
    06-18-10 12:13 PM
    Rofl, that's funny

Apparently this made the blogs too. Even Adam is getting one:

Verizon Wireless issuing Bold 9650 as warranty replacement for Tour 9630 (for me at least) | CrackBerry.com
    06-18-10 12:14 PM
    I just call *611. Claimed trackball issue with CS. CS rep said he'd ship 2 Bolds so that neither phone on account ever had this issue again. Will be here Tuesday!!! GF's bday is Tuesday....what a great surprise for her huh?! Thanks to you all for making my day!!! I'm in Oregon btw
    06-18-10 12:14 PM
    I want to do this, however my Tour has been opened in order to replace the housing. I changed the housing back to the stock one a while back, however I am afraid that once I send the phone back to verizon (I assume they want the tours sent back to them after they issue the bolds) that I will get charged for the phone. Anyone have any experience with this?
    06-18-10 12:18 PM
    The front page post has got me worried because I think now a lot of people will try and abuse it (aka, the people saying thank you with only 1 post). No doubt there will be a good amount of people who deserve it, but the extra spotlight may force Verizon to clamp down on this. However, they don't have much leeway if there are literally no 9630s to be had.
    06-18-10 12:19 PM
    Thank you for this post! 2 new Bolds arriving Monday! Overnight shipping for frrrreeeeeeeee!
    I see people getting overnight shipping but stated they'll get it Monday. CSR I talked to said she'll ship overnight and that it would be here Saturday.
    06-18-10 12:22 PM
    Most reps will do basic air saver overnight shipping, but some of the really helpful reps can arrange for overnight Saturday delivery. They need to manually change it. Just be really polite and hopefully you can get Saturday delivery as well.
    06-18-10 12:24 PM
    tried with Sprint.. getting a brand new Tour replacement she said... needed it anyway lol
    06-18-10 12:24 PM
    This doesn't work. Don't try. Save yourself the time and effort.
    what makes you think this doesnt work?............. and there is very little effort needed........
    06-18-10 12:27 PM
    Missing the big picture here people. Its the all-mighty $$$$$$$$$! Tour users get free PTT right? So why wouldn't Vzw get you a new device and charge you monthly to use PTT. A wolf in sheep's clothing, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 12:27 PM
    I see people getting overnight shipping but stated they'll get it Monday. CSR I talked to said she'll ship overnight and that it would be here Saturday.
    Overnight Friday will be Monday. Fedex does not run on Saturday or Sunday.

Service Details
    Delivery Times Next-business-day delivery by 8, 8:30, 9 or 10 a.m., depending on destination ZIP code. You may view these ZIP codes in either PDF format or ASCII format. Check transit times.
    Service Days Monday–Friday, with Saturday pickup available in many areas for an additional charge.
    Delivery Area Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii service is outbound only).
    Package Size and Weight Up to 150 lbs. each; up to 119" in length,165" in length plus girth (L+2W+2H).
    Additional Information View Terms & Conditions.
    Exceptions Delivery is available from Alaska and Hawaii to many U.S. markets by 8 or 8:30 a.m., depending on destination ZIP code. Delivery is also available to many Alaska markets by 9 a.m. Not available to Hawaii. For additional details about Alaska and Hawaii shipments, please see FedEx Alaska and Hawaii services.
    Options Saturday Pickup
    Dangerous Goods (dry ice only)
    FedEx Delivery Signature Options
    Return Solutions
    FedEx Network FedEx Express
    Last edited by berryloud; 06-18-10 at 12:31 PM. Reason: to post Fedex schedule
    06-18-10 12:29 PM
    has any bolds been delivered to any of you yet? Mine says delivered by 3!
    The front page post has got me worried because I think now a lot of people will try and abuse it (aka, the people saying thank you with only 1 post). No doubt there will be a good amount of people who deserve it, but the extra spotlight may force Verizon to clamp down on this. However, they don't have much leeway if there are literally no 9630s to be had.
    I completely agree with this. VZW's original policy was 3 replacement devices and then you get a new different device. That policy is no longer in effect because of people abusing the system. I am afraid of how they will treat this because now people know VZW is doing this, and suddenly 100k trackballs died today...
    Missing the big picture here people. Its the all-mighty $$$$$$$$$! Tour users get free PTT right? So why wouldn't Vzw get you a new device and charge you monthly to use PTT. A wolf in sheep's clothing, no?
    Considering that I don't, and won't use PTT, I think I'll call CS and "have trackball issues".

06-18-10 12:30 PM

Verizon is losing money by handing out free (and most likely brand new) Bolds. They are turning no profit on that inventory. No unit sales, no contract extensions. If they are doing this trying to sucker people into paying for PTT, then you might as well call it a night for Big Red.
    06-18-10 12:30 PM
    has any bolds been delivered to any of you yet? Mine says delivered by 3!
    Yes, got mine about 30 min ago
    06-18-10 12:31 PM
    Well i just got off the phone with vzw customer service and will be getting the bold 9650! I have been having random issue with the trackball and seen this and figured i would give them and call and was told that the 9630 is not outdated and will be shipped the Bold 9650.
    06-18-10 12:32 PM
    Overnight Friday will be Monday. Fedex does not run on Saturday or Sunday.

Service Details
    Delivery Times Next-business-day delivery by 8, 8:30, 9 or 10 a.m., depending on destination ZIP code. You may view these ZIP codes in either PDF format or ASCII format. Check transit times.
    Service Days Monday–Friday, with Saturday pickup available in many areas for an additional charge.
    Delivery Area Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii service is outbound only).
    Package Size and Weight Up to 150 lbs. each; up to 119" in length,165" in length plus girth (L+2W+2H).
    Additional Information View Terms & Conditions.
    Exceptions Delivery is available from Alaska and Hawaii to many U.S. markets by 8 or 8:30 a.m., depending on destination ZIP code. Delivery is also available to many Alaska markets by 9 a.m. Not available to Hawaii. For additional details about Alaska and Hawaii shipments, please see FedEx Alaska and Hawaii services.
    Options Saturday Pickup
    Dangerous Goods (dry ice only)
    FedEx Delivery Signature Options
    Return Solutions
    FedEx Network FedEx Express
    Actually, thats not true. I ordered a cabinet and it was delivered by FedEx on a Saturday even though it was slated for Monday delivery. Not to mention, business need documents delivered ASAP to meet deadline or may contain important documents.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 06-18-10 at 12:38 PM.
    06-18-10 12:34 PM
2,047 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD