07-31-11 04:06 PM
69 123
tools
    And I think you don't understand how sensitive some people are. Seriously. Yeast infection?

Sounds like you need a dose of cancer.
    ENOUGH!!!!! The next person gets an official warning and consideration for a vacation from CrackBerry for a cooling off period!
    06-28-11 02:20 PM
    Now do you mean as long as they keep a smartphone data plan? So come my next upgrade, and I keep a BB I'll still have unlimited? So its not grandfathered in until you upgrade and sign a new contract?
    Any existing customer before 07/07 will be grandfathered into their unlimited plan. When you upgrade you will get to keep it. Doing an upgrade or contract is not needed for them to grandfather your plan.
    06-28-11 03:12 PM
    Has Verizon officially stated that BB data plans will be treated as all other smartphone data plans and BB users switching over to other smartphones(Android,iPhone,WP7,Palm) will be considered grandfathered in with unlimited data? I've been told twice(at two different stores) that BB users would have to switch before 7/7 to take advantage of non-BB unlimited smartphone data packages.I understand they might be just trying to make a sale but there's a lot at stake here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What they will be doing is changing to a unified Smartphone Unlimited plan 29.99 SFO for every single smartphone. Blackberry will no longer have a separate plan from other smartphones.
    06-28-11 03:14 PM
    I really don't want to panic here, but I'm beginning to.....my son is due for an upgrade in December and he was going the iphone route. I'm considering adding another line now, so that he can get the iphone and be grandfathered into the unlimited data. I keep hearing how much data these iphones use and without an unlimited data plan I'm not sure it would be worth it for him to have one.
    So, I would have to continue paying for his current line through December, which doesn't seem that bad. Does this seem like the best route to go for what I'm wanting to do??

07-01-11 02:14 AM
    OHCop, does your son currently have a non smartohone? If so, then yes, get an iphone now. Only previous smartphone users can upgrade to another smartphone without losing unlimited data.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    07-01-11 09:55 AM
    He doesn't have a smartphone now. Thanks for the reply Artemis.

07-01-11 10:08 AM
    Just give him an old BB that you can put the $29.99 plan on or any phone, then give it to him to use until the iPhone upgrade is possible.
    07-01-11 12:28 PM
    Thanks Mr. Obvious-I actually thought about doing that as well. I have an old pink Curve and Pearl lying around, so that's a no-go...lol. I don't think he would appreciate the pink as much as I did.

I have an upgrade available, that I was saving for the Bold 9900, so I might be a nice mom and let him have my upgrade. Don't know if I can wait until December for that Bold though....tough decisions!!!!
    07-01-11 09:44 PM
    The way things are going, my phone payment will be more than my car payment.

My current verizon bill today IS more than current car payment!! And it is going to get worse.....
    While I do like verizons coverage, we need more competition in the marketplace to drive prices down. Just don't see it happening anytime soon

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    07-02-11 08:32 AM
    My current verizon bill today IS more than current car payment!! And it is going to get worse.....
    While I do like verizons coverage, we need more competition in the marketplace to drive prices down. Just don't see it happening anytime soon

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    Obviously you have a a bunch of phones with premium features if your current bill is more then your car payment and if you feel the need to complain, time to cut some of them out.
    07-02-11 02:19 PM
    I purchased a Playbook at launch and if you've been keeping up with recent announcements you'll know that AT&T just sucker punched us. My contract with AT&T has lapsed so I'm going to move my family over to Verizon. I have a couple of questions that perhaps one of you can help me out with:

1) I know Verizon is pulling the plug on unlimited data but is that still available for new customers? I realize that if it is that as soon as my contract expires I'd probably lose it but that's two years away.

2) What, in your opinion, is the best non-BB phone that Verizon offers? I've been a BB user for many years but am not real happy with RIM at the moment so am open to other vendors. I just don't have much knowledge of the other phones.

3) AT&T will not allow you to add a Tethering option unless you forsake your unlimited plan. Assuming Verizon still has (for the moment) an unlimited plan, can you add tethering to it?

4) Can the Playbook tether to anything other than a BB phone?

Thanks
    07-02-11 03:21 PM
    So ifans has posted a new interesting tidbit to the new tiered data plans for those of us with 4G hot-spot usage in mind. The way I understand the new tiered plans, is that you pay the base price for your voice plan like you do now, then you add one of the 3G tiered plans for XX dollars and then if you have a 4G phone you can add another $30 and get UNLIMITED mobile hotspot data.

For those of us that live and work in 4G areas this is a pretty nice option. The only issue I could see is Verizon throttling us down once we reach their criteria of a heavy user (top 5% or whatever they said.)

Quote form the last paragraph from ifans.com "LTE users can pay $30 extra for unlimited tethering, but keep in mind that coverage is nowhere as wide as Big Reds 3G network."

Link: Verizon Data Charges Leaked – iFans
    07-03-11 01:27 AM
    Tethering is tethering. The PB can tether to whatever. The only BB specific thing is bridging which isn't tethering
    07-03-11 03:59 AM
    I purchased a Playbook at launch and if you've been keeping up with recent announcements you'll know that AT&T just sucker punched us. My contract with AT&T has lapsed so I'm going to move my family over to Verizon. I have a couple of questions that perhaps one of you can help me out with:

1) I know Verizon is pulling the plug on unlimited data but is that still available for new customers? I realize that if it is that as soon as my contract expires I'd probably lose it but that's two years away.

2) What, in your opinion, is the best non-BB phone that Verizon offers? I've been a BB user for many years but am not real happy with RIM at the moment so am open to other vendors. I just don't have much knowledge of the other phones.

3) AT&T will not allow you to add a Tethering option unless you forsake your unlimited plan. Assuming Verizon still has (for the moment) an unlimited plan, can you add tethering to it?

4) Can the Playbook tether to anything other than a BB phone?

Thanks
    1. If you do not sign up for a smart phone before july 7th you will be stuck with tiered data
    2. I've sold all the phones the droid x2 is by far my favorite to activate
    3. If you decide to tether with an unlimited plan it will cost you more if you have a tiered data plan plus tethering charges you are charged less and you have 4gb at your disposal as opposed to just 2

dcscott likes this.
    07-03-11 05:10 PM
    Thanks Redzebra. The only pricing information on the Verizon site is the current pricing so I have no way to compare what is in place now to what is coming in a few days. The lines we are moving have very little data usage in an of themselves so I suspect you are correct in saying I'd be better off to wait. Most of the data will be for my Playbook.

It is looking like I'm not going to make it home before the 7th anyway and if I moved my wife's phone from AT&T over to Verizon and then didn't get home for a week to give her the new phone she would be stranded (ie unhappy).
    07-04-11 01:41 PM
    If you go in and make a verizon account before the 7th get her a temporary number and lock yourself in with the data plan you can have verizon port in her number at a later date. Her att phone will work until you port over solving both problems

07-05-11 11:29 AM
    ENOUGH!!!!! The next person gets an official warning and consideration for a vacation from CrackBerry for a cooling off period!
    wow,let's just talk civilized please.

07-06-11 08:47 PM
    So given that I am grandfathered into the pre 7-7-11 data plans, if the 9930 comes out with a Mobile Hotspot feature (which it should) I should be able to add that on for $30 a month and ditch my $80 10GB MiFi plan. Sounds great where do I sign up.
    07-28-11 08:55 PM
    So given that I am grandfathered into the pre 7-7-11 data plans, if the 9930 comes out with a Mobile Hotspot feature (which it should) I should be able to add that on for $30 a month and ditch my $80 10GB MiFi plan. Sounds great where do I sign up.
    From what I've heard, this is true.

If you have the old unlimited data plan and get a 4G phone, you can add unlimited hotspot for $30. I have this already and I love it. I use it to replace the poor wifi I'm stuck with at college. And of course, it's unlimited.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    07-31-11 04:06 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD