Received this text from Verizon this week, what's the catch?
    Free Verizon Msg: Verizon appreciates your loyalty. You are currently on the $60/3GB plan. You can now get an extra 3GB of data per month for the same price you pay now. There's no change to your voice plan or contract extension. Would you like to move to this new plan? If so, reply YES.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 03:54 PM
    They are matching what AT&T did.... and thus giveing users on their More Share Plans a free upgrade.
    11-03-14 04:04 PM
    I would call and find out the real details. Just sending a yes reply can get you into trouble, as in a headache getting your plan back the way it was. I have had my fill of dealing with the VZW reps over the phone. Everytime I/we do something, they keep changing my plan to some garbage data plan when I have had the Unlimited Data for over 4/5 years. I end up have to slog down to the VZW store to get it righted (and this can take up to 2 hrs, NOT INCLUDING meeting the consierge, and him putting me on a waiting list.)

Go down to the store and get the details.......trust me, there are details....
    11-03-14 04:05 PM
    I did it and the text was pretty straightforward

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:23 PM
    It is as it says. Pretty straightforward.

I tried to do it today, but since I have a weird international option on my plan I couldn't do it. CSR felt bad about it so gave me 50% of my access charges to make up for it.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:31 PM
    I replied back with a YES This morning and have yet to hear anything

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 02:03 PM
    That's weird, right after I responded to the text they immediately sent another text verifying my response. I then logged into my account to double check.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 03:55 PM
    Still waiting for that text message. If you want it you probably won't get it.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-06-14 09:10 AM
    I had responded on Saturday but never received a confirmation. Logged in today and was still on my original data plan. Clicked to chat with a representative and she updated my data allowance.

Posted using my VZW BlackBerry Z30
    11-06-14 02:48 PM
    Texting "yes," will not update your plan. You have to call the number within the text. I called on Friday and they processed my discount. I received $20 off monthly plan.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 04:38 AM
    My name is Jon, how may I assist you?
    Jon: Thank you for contacting Verizon. My name is Jon. How may I help you?
    Jon: I haven't heard from you in a while. Would you like to continue chatting?
    Joe: I received a text that I could get 6gb of data for the same price of 3gb that I have now, said reply yes, have done this several times nothing changed. whats the catch?
    Jon: There is no catch! We have have sent those texts out.
    Jon: Allow me to see if we did send it to you as well
    Joe: Nothing happens when I reply yes
    Jon: Let me see if I can make the change
    Jon: I can make the change if you'd like
    Joe: Yes, as long as their is no change to my bill
    Jon: And we are done!
    Joe: Thank You very much.
    Jon: Do you have any further questions or concerns I may assist you with?
    Joe: I'm good.
    Jon: Hope I was able to provide you a FIVE STAR service. Have a wonderful day! Also if you have the time, after the chat you will have an option to take a survey on your experience today. Let us know your experience
    Joe: OK

11-16-14 10:59 AM