06-25-09 01:42 AM
40 12
tools
    Um, not all of them - the AZ Circuit City locations were third-party & sold most carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hm. To my knowledge all the circuit city outlets were corporate employees.

Verizon Wireless Expands to Circuit City - InternetNews.com

/shrug.
    06-23-09 03:06 AM
    So back in November I switched from Sprint to Verizon. Biggest mistake of my life, I have had nothing but trouble with Verizon and for everyone who says that Verizon has the best customer service, YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND. So I bought the Storm in a Circuit City Verizon thing. When I was buying the lady asked me if I wanted to pay for the equipment now and my first month of service or just wait for it to be billed to me. Of course I had the money and to make it easy I took her up on that deal and paid for it all right there in the store. OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID. Now about 3 months ago, out of nowhere I get this 340 fee saying it is past due and I must pay now to avoid interruption of service. I freaked I have unlimited texts and data and rarely call anyone. So I was like what the **** could this be from. So I call, they tell me that it is for the equipment and start up fees from when I opened the account. I was like way a minute I paid that, there is an online copy of my receipt right here on myverizon (of course they dont post an itemized copy of it.) So the operator looks into and apologized and said it will be removed from my next billing cycle they are sorry for the mix up. So that month goes by, CHARGES STILL THERE. I call again they research it, again they are sorry for the mix up they are having an outside team look at it. I get a call back it will be removed my next billing cycle. OK. Now 3 months later I get a letter in the mail, Please pay now to avoid interruption of service, So I call they said that the money I paid in store was just applied to my account and never really paid for the equipment So now I owe them the money or they will discontinue my service till it is paid. The receipt I have at home is not itemized either so I have no way to fight this. Basically the sales rep in the store and the operators that told me it was going to be taken care of F*&ked me and now I have to come up with 400 (because of late fees on something that was never really late if Im told it is being taken care of, or my phone will get disconnected. I should of stayed with SPRINT and I will advise all my friends from here on out to seek service somewhere else. Verizon just plain out SUCKS.
    You must be mistaken, first off you don't pay for service up front. I would have never bought a phone from any place other then a corporate store. Regardless of the carrier, these secondary retailers have there own E.T.F's and other fees. You have an obvious issue and I can assure you that if you use planetfeedback, email a letter include your story that whitin a day or two you will hear from someone in the executive department, you will get this resolved. I know you are frustrated, but I have had sprint/nextel and att/cingular and no way that verizon is the pits.Give this a try and you will get it resolved. This is rare, really it is.Good luck.
    06-23-09 07:47 AM
    Thank you I will try that.
    06-23-09 07:51 AM
    Hm. To my knowledge all the circuit city outlets were corporate employees.

Verizon Wireless Expands to Circuit City - InternetNews.com

/shrug.
    Many, but not all.

Much like many Costco stores have VZW employees working kiosks, but not all. It is a regional thing.

The CC stores across from Fiesta & Paradise Valley malls even sold Helio & Virgin from their kiosks.

06-23-09 09:05 AM
    When you login to myverizon, at the very top it says:

"Welcome, Account No. #######" Just to the right of that it says "View Message Center". Click on that.

Any receipt I've ever gotten from the corporate store I go to is in PDF format there. My wife's phone purchase is listed there from 10/2008 still and the receipt is itemized. The same for any accessories I've purchased as well.

Hope that helps!
    06-23-09 09:52 AM
    So back in November I switched from Sprint to Verizon. Biggest mistake of my life, I have had nothing but trouble with Verizon and for everyone who says that Verizon has the best customer service, YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND. So I bought the Storm in a Circuit City Verizon thing. When I was buying the lady asked me if I wanted to pay for the equipment now and my first month of service or just wait for it to be billed to me. Of course I had the money and to make it easy I took her up on that deal and paid for it all right there in the store. OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID. Now about 3 months ago, out of nowhere I get this 340 fee saying it is past due and I must pay now to avoid interruption of service. I freaked I have unlimited texts and data and rarely call anyone. So I was like what the **** could this be from. So I call, they tell me that it is for the equipment and start up fees from when I opened the account. I was like way a minute I paid that, there is an online copy of my receipt right here on myverizon (of course they dont post an itemized copy of it.) So the operator looks into and apologized and said it will be removed from my next billing cycle they are sorry for the mix up. So that month goes by, CHARGES STILL THERE. I call again they research it, again they are sorry for the mix up they are having an outside team look at it. I get a call back it will be removed my next billing cycle. OK. Now 3 months later I get a letter in the mail, Please pay now to avoid interruption of service, So I call they said that the money I paid in store was just applied to my account and never really paid for the equipment So now I owe them the money or they will discontinue my service till it is paid. The receipt I have at home is not itemized either so I have no way to fight this. Basically the sales rep in the store and the operators that told me it was going to be taken care of F*&ked me and now I have to come up with 400 (because of late fees on something that was never really late if Im told it is being taken care of, or my phone will get disconnected. I should of stayed with SPRINT and I will advise all my friends from here on out to seek service somewhere else. Verizon just plain out SUCKS.

right there is your problem first. second is if you call in acting anythign like you talk on here then your right no one will help you. SPRINT BLOWS in compairson... but I guess if you want sub par service and dropped calls have it your way
    06-23-09 10:00 AM
    What I can picture happening - CC store person talked you out of paying for everything, including a month in advance, something that VZW does not do.

You left with your activated phone.

CC store person left with your money.

No receipt and nothing having been sent to VZW, you're now an undocumented creditor of Circuit City, a position that puts you at the back of the line in bankruptcy proceedings. It's too bad, but I believe the claim filing deadline has passed.

On top of that, you got phone in November 2008 and you're just now dealing with it? Your first bill, received either in December or January would've indicated a problem. At the latest, your February bill would have indicated a past due.

Then there was March.

Then April.

Then May.

Now it is late June.

No receipt, no record of the actual transaction, it sounds like you paid cash, and you initiated service at a store in the clearance stages of total shutdown. Out of business. Kaput. Gone.

And you have the audacity to call VZW terrible?

06-23-09 12:03 PM
    Just as a general rule I never pay cash for anything. Visa disputes are amazing.
    06-23-09 01:23 PM
    Not a diehard VZW fan & no offense taken. I am pretty difficult to offend anyway.

But with what I saw, I can't see any carrier doing anything more. If they have no record of payment and you have no proof of payment...

06-23-09 02:13 PM
    since you changed your first post (stupid) i don't remember if you payed cash or card?
    06-23-09 05:37 PM
    something smells fishy. no itemized reciept, and you were charged a month in advance up front? neither of those sound like VZW...so either you're leaving something out, or you're just plain wrong.
    You left with your activated phone.

CC store person left with your money.

No receipt and nothing having been sent to VZW, you're now an undocumented creditor of Circuit City, a position that puts you at the back of the line in bankruptcy proceedings. It's too bad, but I believe the claim filing deadline has passed.

On top of that, you got phone in November 2008 and you're just now dealing with it? Your first bill, received either in December or January would've indicated a problem. At the latest, your February bill would have indicated a past due.

Then there was March.

Then April.

Then May.

Now it is late June.

No receipt, no record of the actual transaction, it sounds like you paid cash, and you initiated service at a store in the clearance stages of total shutdown. Out of business. Kaput. Gone.

And you have the audacity to call VZW terrible?
    Just as a general rule I never pay cash for anything. Visa disputes are amazing.
    But with what I saw, I can't see any carrier doing anything more. If they have no record of payment and you have no proof of payment...
    Ouch. Absolutely amazing. Paid cash. Didn't follow up for six months. Calls carrier and says "don't cut off my service. I paid for this but don't have any proof!" Carriers probably hear this as often as they hear "the check's in the mail.."

How stupid do you think verizon really is? Sprint might charge you for having to listen to that story. Att might laugh at you. I am taking att's hypothetical stand on this and laughing hysterically.

And just think that there are saps out there who might believe that story.

06-24-09 01:03 AM
    Psssht...to each their own. Im a loyal Verizon customer simply because they have the best coverage and have the best customer service..IMO. I do have issues with the selection of phones compared to other carriers but I'd take coverage and service over phone design any day.
    06-24-09 11:41 AM
    Psssht...to each their own. Im a loyal Verizon customer simply because they have the best coverage and have the best customer service..IMO. I do have issues with the selection of phones compared to other carriers but I'd take coverage and service over phone design any day.
    Me too and I am not stupidly loyal to any phone maker. If they make what I need I will get it. If they don't make what I need I look elsewhere on the best available carrier. For me that is verizon with one of their many phones. It doesn't have to be BB or even a smartphone. If it does what I need I am there.

06-24-09 04:21 PM
    Your a victim of Verizon!

Go figure you posting negetive crap again..
    06-24-09 04:47 PM
    Go figure you posting negetive crap again..
    It's okay - we're victims of VZW, which is something we willingly chose & enjoy. He is an unwilling victim of... never mind, I promised I wouldn't speak of severe head injuries suffered by people.
    06-25-09 01:42 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD