06-25-09 01:42 AM
40 12
tools
    Thank You All For Your Comments. And The Rest Of You Thank You For Your Concerns!!!

I'm Really Sorry If I Offended Anyone By The Title Of This Post. I Just Did Not Have A Great Experience With Verizon Customer Service When I Was On The Phone With Them. But Im Sure That Some Of You Have Never Had A Problem With Them Ever And They Are Great For You. I Hope That You Continue To Have Great Success And Understanding With Them And Do Not Run Into A Problem Like I Did..

So Again Thanks For All The Posts And The Information You Provided In Them.
    Last edited by RxPx33; 06-23-09 at 01:09 PM.
    06-22-09 01:44 PM
    I had verizon. You are correct their customer service is not competive and their prices are high. I had plenty of biling issues with them- never with my current provider t-mo. Pay the charges and file a written dispute with their consumer dept and the agency that oversees cellular co's (see contract). Good luck
    06-22-09 02:16 PM
    Sounds like the real issue was with Circuit City. Back in November they were getting ready to go out of business. When you sign up for a carriers service through a kiosk like the one in Circuit City, you have a third party then dealing with you. While the situation is unfortunate, it may not be wise to fully blame Verizon. I am not a fanboy, but I have had situations similar to this one with another company (Cell One). I went through an "authorized" retailer, but since it was not a corporate store when the mistakes came to fruitition, the company could not do anything because it was an error on the retailers fault. After a long drawn out dispute with the retailer, I finally got the issue resolved and did not pay anything.
    06-22-09 02:23 PM
    Circuit city has corporate Verizon Wireless employees that worked there it wasn't an authorized retailer. They're real VzW employees.

To the OP. You paid for equipment AND first month up front? I've never heard of the first month being paid up front unless they allowed you to have a negative balance. Did you get credit for the payment you made for the bill and just not the equipment?

Another option would be to dispute it with your CC company to get your funds reversed. Visa/Mastercard will fight for you.
    06-22-09 02:29 PM
    I would have to disagree and go the opposite of you. I had sprint and had nothing but problems with them. In store and with their customer service. Even had one cs rep call me a bi**h, I was being very nice and explaining my problem and he kept cutting me off. It all depends on the experiences you have had with one company. Sounds like the lady you first dealt with pocketed your money or something. I would take me reciept to a store and say that you had already paid for it and see what they will do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 02:29 PM
    I have to agree with MissJ...

VZW reps have always been professional with me, period. I will recommend VZW over Sprint, ATT, Alltel [these are are only services I have used].
    06-22-09 02:34 PM
    The companies CS is not based on not ever having errors, but how they resolve those errors. It may take sometime but I'm sure it will get resolved. Every company will have problems, billing disputes, etc...

I'm sure if you just keep your cool and be respectful to the reps it will get resolved and any fees that are incurred as a result of this will be removed. Also, make sure you pay your undisputed balance in the mean time.
    06-22-09 02:39 PM
    Planetfeedback.com

06-22-09 02:53 PM
    Dude, that sucks!
    06-22-09 02:54 PM
    I second planetfeedback.com.

But I don't understand why you didn't get an itemozed receipt. everytime I bought something from a Verizon store I got six feet of receipts.

06-22-09 03:07 PM
    Yeah verizon gives huge receipts.
    06-22-09 03:10 PM
    I didnt know that we even offered to let a customer pay the first month bill in the store or retailer. I never heard of that before.
    06-22-09 03:13 PM
    Neither have I. How would you know what the bill would be? Usage..etc?
    06-22-09 03:14 PM
    I agree. Something doesn't sound right. Get in touch with executive relations. I think you may be a victim of fraud.

06-22-09 03:24 PM
    Your a victim of Verizon!
    06-22-09 05:03 PM
    Yeah verizon gives huge receipts.
    HaHa I can second that one.
    06-22-09 05:05 PM
    my sister was forced to stay on a old plan on sprint because they refused to upgrade her to a new one..

her old plan had 350 minutes... for a rediculous price..

I think you will find more cases of bad customer service with sprint then verizon..

sorry

now I do love sprint prices but I have personally never had better cell phone customer service then I have had with verizon..

this includes the time I was on sprint,at&t,cingular before at&t, cellular one which turned into us cellular...

so.. I dissagree
    06-22-09 06:55 PM
    store customer service here is really bad here (NYers with attitude) lol. 611 seems more knowledgable, helpful, and friendly.
    06-22-09 07:42 PM
    something smells fishy. no itemized reciept, and you were charged a month in advance up front? neither of those sound like VZW...so either you're leaving something out, or you're just plain wrong.
    06-22-09 08:39 PM
    my sister was forced to stay on a old plan on sprint because they refused to upgrade her to a new one..

her old plan had 350 minutes... for a rediculous price..

I think you will find more cases of bad customer service with sprint then verizon..

sorry

now I do love sprint prices but I have personally never had better cell phone customer service then I have had with verizon..

this includes the time I was on sprint,at&t,cingular before at&t, cellular one which turned into us cellular...

so.. I dissagree
    Agreed that sprint prices are way better. I had the everything plan for $99. And as I do miss only paying that and getting everything that came with it I do not miss their cs reps and store reps. They were absolutely aweful. I would rather pay 3x's that to get the good cs.

06-22-09 10:33 PM
    Sounds like an orchestrated attempt to come here with a fabricated story trying to rile up the masses. I wonder what really happened. Did verizon not accept their credit app while Sprint would?

06-22-09 10:40 PM
    Sounds like an orchestrated attempt to come here with a fabricated story trying to rile up the masses. I wonder what really happened. Did verizon not accept their credit app while Sprint would?

He also bought the storm at Circuit City, which was in the process of going out of business. If he had just gone to a regular Verizon store, he wouldn't be having these problems.
    06-22-09 10:44 PM
    I have tried to work the receipt angle and it got me no where, because all I have is the non-itemized one( yes I know this is where I come into fault). I was told in the store that I was paying for the first months bill and equipment at the time of the purchase so that I would not have to worry about a first months bill. I might of been a little harsh in my post but it was because I had just got off the phone and was on the site so I wrote. Now Verizon maybe good for some but since I have had it I have had nothing but problems with my storm and now the customer service so my experience alone makes it a bad fit for me.

Really I think the thing that really angers me is that it was a problem for 3 months and I had been trying to work with them on fixing the problem and if from day one they told me I owed it I would be able to pay it no problem but I got screwed around with for 3 months. Now I have, and I quote them, 10 days to pay the remaining balance or my service will be disconnected. Really all I would ask for is more time then 10 days to find 400 that i can dish out to help solve this problem but they were unwilling to work with me on it.
    I'm confused. How did you see a non-itemized receipt on myverizon for a purchase mad in-store? Verizon doesn't do copies of receipts on myverizon. You can see a copy of your bill online, but that is itemized. You can see a payment history online, but those give dates and amounts. If you bill something to the account, then you see a date, order number and amount for the equipment on the itemized bill online, but you have to go to the store with the order number if you want to get a copy of the itemized receipt. Also, the way point of sale system works, you can't pay for equipment and bill payments in one transaction. You have to pay for equipment in a separate transaction than a bill payment. Sounds like we don't have the whole story.
    06-22-09 10:45 PM
    I think this is nonsense.

There would HAVE to be an itemized receipt! What if you needed to return the phone? How would they know how much to credit you?

In the VZW system, it shows the order number of all transactions in that area. The OP needs to go to a local store. They can look up the date of purchase very easily and then print out the receipt.
    06-23-09 12:28 AM
    Circuit city has corporate Verizon Wireless employees that worked there it wasn't an authorized retailer. They're real VzW employees.
    Um, not all of them - the AZ Circuit City locations were third-party & sold most carriers.

06-23-09 12:48 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD