I just thought that I would throw this out there...

Little back story, a couple of weeks ago I moved to the Tampa Bay, St. Pete area of Florida. Its a pretty large market...

On the phone with VZW last night arranging for a replacement Tour 9630 (my third one, but thats a story for a different thread.) and I was told that there are no VZW techs in the entire Tampa - St. Pete Metro area of Florida.

As I mentioned before, its a fairly large market, about 3 million people, certainly within the top 20 largest MSAs in the country.

Does this seem odd to anyone else? I wondering what the ramifications for my business could be with the lack of professional representation in this area on VZW's part... Am I on the wrong network for this part of the country?
    11-15-09 01:07 PM
    Tampa is one of Verizon Communications' (let alone VZW) most saturated markets. I don't believe for one second they don't have techs there. The most certainly have robust business representation there for Major accounts, including data engineers, and there are definitely techs there.
    11-15-09 02:35 PM
    Thats what I would think too. I guess I'm wondering why the customer service person would tell me that they don't. Lord knows I've got enough retail locations around me. Just seems odd.
    11-15-09 03:01 PM
    A check of the Tampa area stores shows some have software updating available, but no tech services. They may have some tech support, but the store locator shows none. Store tech support is poor anyway. No tech services, such as repair are available.
    11-15-09 03:06 PM
    Oh we're talking about in store techs...I thought you were talking about something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 04:25 PM
    Sorry, I guess I really didn't clarify that very well now that I read it over, but yes, in store, available to whomever needs them to fix your phone service techs.
    11-15-09 04:45 PM