10-10-07 09:30 PM
44 12
tools
    yeah...
    this is the part where I go DUUUH!!!
    I guess i didn't see the "he he"
    sorry...didn't mean to jump on ya. I was just getting ready to be upset with verizon. I also can't switch for various reasons and I have been COVETING thy neighbor's pearl...
    I really need help. My favorite football team lost yesterday, but I found out they were releasing the pearl and suddenly the skies weren't quite so gloomy...
    And not to add to the "oh he asked another stupid question" thread you all will start about me..but how does vzw affect battery life?

-db

still learning...gimme time..I'll get there...
    10-01-07 12:18 PM
    I thought the "cheezy music" was pretty hot...
    10-01-07 12:39 PM
    cdma technology tends to eat more power than the gsm equivalent.
    10-01-07 02:52 PM
    ok... cdma uses more juice than gsm...

so? like you are going to let your bb sit on your bed for fifteen days instead of nine? The specs I saw actually show the cdma has a higher talk time (220 minutes) than the gsm version (210), although the standby time was much higher 15 days to nine for gsm...

-db

with regular use how can you go more than two MAYBE three days without charging?
    10-01-07 04:45 PM
    which one gives you more cancer?
    10-01-07 10:15 PM
    which one gives you more cancer?
    Please tell me your joking.
    10-02-07 06:38 AM
    why would one be so happy to have wi fi on blackberry? What does it do? how is it used?
    10-02-07 03:36 PM
    Wifi would be a good tool to have on a bb if your carriers network is on the slow side when surfing the web on your bb. Since I have VZW dont really care for wifi on a bb!
    10-02-07 04:11 PM
    correct me if I'm wrong...

(there is a first for everything haha)

I think wifi also allows you to...say...surf the net WHILE ON A CALL....

that would be "dope" in my book. If of course it's true. Anyone else know about this? Trevor? Kasper? Navilyn?

Beuller? Beuller?

-db
    10-02-07 06:31 PM
    This is correct DB! Also, if you have tmobile you can use wifi to make and receive calls for like $15.00/month. Someone posted a review in the blogs about all this.
    10-02-07 06:34 PM
    I wonder if VZW will have a cheaper data plan? I don't really need/want access to my e-mail/web 24-7 (I know blasphemy!). I just like the look, feel, and functionality of the Pearl 2. I wonder if they will come out w/ a plan that for us "prosumers."

Sure I'll check e-mail once in a while. But what I am really trying to do is consolidate my ipod, palm pilot and phone all into one device.
    10-03-07 09:43 AM
    Cheaper and Verizon!!! Ha!!! Never!
    10-03-07 06:10 PM
    YEAH YEAH YEAH...the SureType people will be happy!

VERIZON...WHERE IS THE CURVE? Can you hear me now!

AT&T Here I come!

Marcus
    10-03-07 08:25 PM
    I like pearls, but I want vzw to come out with a curve so bad I don't know what to do. I was goin to get the 8series World Edition but I want a camera too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-07 06:33 PM
    I absolutely want a curve as well...

but I really think verizon won't drop one for about a year
    *ducking under desk*

their track record sucks a little for those of you keeping score at home and they are always on the late with device releases. I can't (won't?) switch for more reasons than I care to go into..but I will wait.

I'll rock the pearl for a year and then the curve for the holidays (in2008)...

I am so stoked for the pearl anyway...my first bb yummy....

I may fall in love and never switch (I have a tendency to fall a little hard)...

-db

cheers all...
    10-04-07 06:58 PM
    I want one of the new ones with a bigger screen but stuck with vzw
    'new every 2' and nowhere near the 2.

Do people pay full retail to upgrade?

What about going to a vzw store versus shopping online?

Can you haggle at the store?
    10-04-07 11:44 PM
    Not really. Verizon isn't usually willing to give discounts.
    10-05-07 03:15 PM
    Not really. Verizon isn't usually willing to give discounts.
    I disagree I have always got discounts from Verizon. I got my 8830 for $199 exactly 9 months after I got a Motorola Q using my NE2 discount. Its just a matter of talking to the right telephone sales agent and convincing them of how good a customer you are. I did have to explain how I needed a Blackberry real bad and would change providers to get one and I explained the math of how their early cancellation fees would be covered by the discounts I got as a new customer with one of their competitors. It worked for me, now I was very business like and polite in all my conversations with them, if you get mad or make it personal the sales agent will not help you.
    10-10-07 08:59 PM
    My thoughts on the sure type after using my friend's brand new Pearl is that it beats the crummy keyboard of the 8830 HANDS DOWN! I just can't stand the keyboard on my 8830. With sure type, I was typing twice as fast after only about 5 minutes of playing with it. So I am going to give my 8830 to my husband and take the new Pearl next month. I can't wait.

Also, I generally don't surf on my phones since I am at a desk 1/2 the day. I have the $25 plan from VZW and it is plenty for me to check emails, use my google maps and traffic, and occasionally get on line on the BB.

Katherine
    10-10-07 09:30 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD