10-10-07 10:30 PM
44 12
tools

Well what do we have here, looks like verizon has been dropping mad hints on their side about a few new devices soon to be available..looks like a pearl 2 to me.

SOURCE
    09-29-07 04:46 AM
    what the second one look like?

verizon15 - Gizmodo

The Samsung i760?

and i read somewhere awhile ago the the Pearl 2 will have wi-fi. anyone else hear anything? I'm not sure if this was awhile ago when they thought it was going to a gsm network, wouldn't think Verizon would do that. or if they do its going to be something like advertised as having wi-fi but can only use it at verizon hotspots.
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-29-07 at 10:38 AM.
    09-29-07 10:29 AM
    Man, I really want that new Pearl. Is that counter a countdown to release date or what? I need to start saving right now.
    09-29-07 10:40 AM
    I work right along side some verizon associates and what they are telling me is that it is not going to come out until november. Does anybody have a guess as to how much it is going to cost. I have been waiting for this phon for so long. I was actually sick of waiting and go the 8830 wich I love but I would really like something smaller and with a camera on it.
    09-29-07 11:26 AM
    Would really love to get a Camera Berry with media capabilities but..... not to sure about the sure type. Anybody have any feedback on this???
    09-29-07 11:46 AM
    Would really love to get a Camera Berry with media capabilities but..... not to sure about the sure type. Anybody have any feedback on this???
    From what I understand, it is pretty easy to adapt to suretype. After a few days, you get pretty good at it.

I am in the same boat as you (7250) and I agree, I really need a new bb!!!
    09-29-07 11:52 AM
    My other concern is I'll get the Pearl II and (even though it is unlikely) Verizon will come out with the Curve a few months later! I know thats the name of the game when buying new devices, but I hate it!!!!
    09-29-07 11:57 AM
    I have been waiting for the verizon pearl since the pearl was released on at&t... (like 2 years ago...)

I can hold out till november...

by the way, I don't forsee a curve release till mid 08...

I WILL buy the first pearl verizon sells in my area though...

-db

waiting.....patiently.... cmon vzw....anytime now....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-07 03:34 PM
    Chances are I'll be right behind you!
    09-29-07 03:38 PM
    Trevor,

I felt that the suretype was not as fast as the full qwerty keyboard. I disliked it immensely. A friend of mine lent me their blackberry for a few hours, obviously he has nothing to hide, and I guess it's all what you are use to. No matter what features a blackberry has, if it has suretype I wouldn't buy one that has it.

When you compare the two, let us know what you think.
    09-29-07 05:07 PM
    I am betting we won't have the curve until next year. Verizon is just too slow.

Pearl 2 is looking pretty good anyway.
    09-29-07 05:07 PM
    Picture of the pearl 2 for Verizon via engadget. Looks good
    09-29-07 05:09 PM
    Trevor, I know Verizon is a bit slow in getting things but by the time Verizon gets one, we will know all the pros and cons of that particular model and perhaps all the kinks will be fixed by the time we get them. For me, Verizon has never dropped a call ever and has the best coverage for my area so even though they don't have all the greatest and latest blackberry's, the tradeoff for me is that I have great service in my area.

The photo is beautiful I must admit of the Pearl 2. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Gia
    09-29-07 05:14 PM
    That's pretty hot! Thanks for the pic Trevor.
    09-29-07 05:32 PM
    i've actually tried both the pearl suretype and the curve qwerty...
    if I had a choice (no I don't have a choice i'm with freakin verizon..) I would get a curve...

seeing as that's no option..I will take the pearl with a big stupid smile on my face.

the suretype is really not hard. I have only used it a few times in the at&t store but I was picking it up no problem. a few days with it and i'll be speed typing...

Can't wait for the blackberry love...

-db

09-30-07 11:39 AM
    That Pearl 2 DOES look good.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Suretype, but got used to it pretty quick on my Pearl (i used a curve day to day but like to switch it up to the pearl on occassion).

I dont have a problem typing on the pearl..suretype is VERY easy to use. my biggest issue is how to hold my hands. on the curve i typed with both thumbs...on the pearl i often start doing that..but then find it's just too narrow for the two thumb approach, so i just use my right thumb for key strokes and left the thumb for the alt key as required.
    09-30-07 11:42 AM
    How come there's been no mention of TELUS also getting the BlackBerry Pearl 2? I found a few posts about this on Pinstack, but I don't recall anyone mentioning it here...until now. :-)

From what I read and talking to to TELUS store reps, they said near the end of October or early November. Can the Crack Team confirm this?

09-30-07 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the picture trevor...its now the background on my laptop...

just till I get one in my hands...

cant wait... watching that stupid countdown clock every couple hours...

sorry...should this post go in the "rehab" section? I don't even have the damn thing yet...

oh well...every question is answered in time...like...can you keep your head while all around you everyone is losing theirs?

-db

twiddling thumbs while watching teaser clock tick down...
    09-30-07 01:56 PM
    By the way all...

I know I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while reading up on everything black er...crackberry. I really wanted to just say hi to everyone and thanks for all the great advice. I wanted a pearl before...now I really REALLY want one... thanks for the help ratcheting up the blackberry lust....

Oh and thanks to whomever posted the stoli orange and 7up recipe...it really made my day...

Sorry if this wandered off topic...

-db
    09-30-07 02:01 PM
    By the way all...

I know I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while reading up on everything black er...crackberry. I really wanted to just say hi to everyone and thanks for all the great advice. I wanted a pearl before...now I really REALLY want one... thanks for the help ratcheting up the blackberry lust....

Oh and thanks to whomever posted the stoli orange and 7up recipe...it really made my day...

Sorry if this wandered off topic...

-db
    Welcome to the addiction!
    09-30-07 03:17 PM
    it kind of sucks that the release website is only telling you when it is coming out. Thats pretty crappy to do to us loyal type peoples.
    10-01-07 01:55 AM
    I'm taking bets on whether VZW will disable the video recording feature. You will have to download a program through GIN to record video.

Hehe
    10-01-07 11:59 AM
    why would they disable the video recording? they have it on lots of phones. And it doesn't cost them anything unless you send it over the network (which they charge you for) you just need a micro sd card big enough to hold them...

-db
    10-01-07 12:02 PM
    He was kidding DB!
    10-01-07 12:38 PM
    My boss has a Pearl currently on TMob and loves it. My Q on VZW (what a POS) had died earlier that day, so I was using hers for a few emails and phone calls. The 'trick' to Suretype according to her (and it worked well for me) is to not pay any attention to what letters are coming out, but rather, just bang out a sentence at a time. Amazingly, the software does a remarkably good job of figuring out what you wanted to type after it's all said and done. Maybe one or two corrections per email and boom, they were out the door.

I really need to stay on VZW (family plan so free to GF, best coverage at home and traveling, etc.) but pray that they won't screwup the 8130. I swear, if they change any of the menus to that VZW crap, cripple GPS or degrade battery life one iota, I'm gone for AT&T and a real BB. I don't care what it costs for the plans (company reimburses me for that) but if they don't get battery life and GPS correct out of the box, then I'm not forking out whatever ridiculous retail price they'll assign to it.
    10-01-07 12:52 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD