-Any updates on this? i havent see anything about the change/merge, verizon said that alltel was now part of vzw but not sure what exactly was merged

-Also how are the bills going to be divided? i have alltel and verizon.

-Verizon wants me to pay deposit to add extra lines, but alltel will give them to me for free . Will i be able to get a line with VZW without paying a deposit once the merge is done?
    02-05-09 02:25 PM
    The transition is ongoing. As far as the towers are concerned it doesn't matter. EVDO coverage is the same for both companies.

Go to VZW.com to see the divested areas.

No idea about your VZW credit needs. Probably won't change.
    02-05-09 02:46 PM
    so Verizon is not going to eventually use alltel's towers? i have a WE and the storm in here and the world edition with alltel is getting full EVDO, when the Storm is getting 0-1 bars of EVDO
    02-05-09 03:53 PM
    it depends on your market. the Storm is running off the nearest Verizon tower while the 8830 WE is using the closest Alltel tower
    02-05-09 03:57 PM
    they will get 80+% of the towers converted, its not like they turn a knob and flip a switch to convert a hundred thousand towers. Give it time.
    02-05-09 04:46 PM
    -Any updates on this? i havent see anything about the change/merge, verizon said that alltel was now part of vzw but not sure what exactly was merged

-Also how are the bills going to be divided? i have alltel and verizon.

-Verizon wants me to pay deposit to add extra lines, but alltel will give them to me for free . Will i be able to get a line with VZW without paying a deposit once the merge is done?
    1st question...VZW will take over all of the non-divested market's towers. In areas where there is no overlap in the footprint coverage will prob be 1st priority. Tho some of Alltell's towers are already in VZW's latest PRL, it will still take 6-9 months for this part of the process to be completed. have patience

2nd question...your Alltel and VZW bill will still be seperated AFTER the billing conversion...9-12 months down the road. After the billing conversion is complete, you will be able to ask cust svc to combine your 2 accounts on 1 bill but keep in mind you will have to bring your Alltel lines on existng VZW rate plans. Adding them to an existing Family share plan will be an option.

3rd question....the deposit requirement is based on your credit history. So you can answer this better than any of us can.
    02-05-09 06:24 PM
    Strictly a guess but if VZW is requiring a deposit for new lines now they wil also require a deposit later.

Personally I'ld get alltel and wait for your area to merge. better safe than sorry.
    02-06-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD