12-18-10 08:37 AM
35 12
tools
    Yes they do. The Droid Pro and the Droid 2 Global...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Cool! I did not know that.

12-15-10 12:17 PM
    I've gotta say that in my area Verizon wins hands down in coverage. Worked a couple of years for a company that used smart phones for all record keeping (home health company). When I first went to work for them they used Verizon, then they switched to ATT, I was able to download and upload necessary information much more easily with Verizon's service.

Now Verizon just needs phones to go with their service. I don't know why I don't care for the Android platform, I just don't. I'm looking forward to BB coming out with some decent phones for Verizon (seems like a lost cause) or Verizon getting the iPhone (seems more likely).
    12-15-10 08:51 PM
    So you're saying this is an ATT issue. Would have have been satisified with the iphone?
    I'm saying in his case, he switched to ATT and now has between no coverage and spotty coverage where he used to have good coverage with Vzw. IPhone wasn't an option for a work phone for the dude so it didn't matter anyway.

This is part of why I do not understand why VZW sales were lower than ATT's.
    12-16-10 12:33 AM
    I'm saying in his case, he switched to ATT and now has between no coverage and spotty coverage where he used to have good coverage with Vzw. IPhone wasn't an option for a work phone for the dude so it didn't matter anyway.

Did he switch just to get the Torch? Could he have used an Android device, or was BlackBerry his only option?

If he had to choose BlackBerry, why didn't he get a 9650?

12-16-10 01:04 AM
    I know it sounds crazy, but most people don't care what OS is on their phone, they just want the thing to work and do what they expect of it.
    BINGO! You hit at least one of the nails on the head. I don't particularly care myself what OS my phone has other than I know I didn't like Palm. I didn't know Blackberry was an OS until after I got my phone and joined here. I thought Blackberry was the name of the company making Blackberry phones. I learned a lot coming to CB but people that aren't "into" their phones don't know CB or Android Central or any of the other boards exist and they aren't going to bother finding out. They just want a phone that looks and works the way they want it to.
    12-16-10 03:45 AM
    VZW only has a few BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices that are dual CDMA/GSM. None of the VZW Android devices are dual CDMA/GSM.
    Is the Torch dual? If you don't know do you know where one could find out?
    12-16-10 04:08 AM
    I really think part of it is that ATT has been releasing new phones alot. Seems every week or so I see an ad on tv for a new ATT phone. Maybe the phones they have are just more appealing to people.
    12-16-10 04:11 AM
    I'm saying in his case, he switched to ATT and now has between no coverage and spotty coverage where he used to have good coverage with Vzw.
    We had the same problem when we tried Sprint, it was horrible. They tried and tried to make it right with us, but just couldn't do it so they finally just waived our ETF and we went back to Verizon. Only reason we changed was to save money in the first place. Boiled down to "nice try" but it didn't work. I've heard more than not that ATT coverage sucks. When I mention to people where I live that I was considering trying ATT they all said the same thing.

After our Sprint experience we aren't willing to try another company that so many people say the coverage is not good. It'd be different if you didn't have to sign a 2yr contract or there was not ETF so that if a service didn't fit your needs you could easily and less expensively move on. Sure you now have 30 days to try, but that's also a lot of hassle and for people who travel a lot, they may not go thru/to all the areas they normally visit in 30 days. Come day 31 and all has been well, they could wind up on a trip to elsewhere(s) and find their coverage sucks and then it's to late.
    12-16-10 04:19 AM
    I really have not noticed anything new recently on AT&T. The Windows 7 phones are the only new ones I've seen. So I doubt if it's an issue of more and/or better smartphones on AT&T, as opposed to VZW.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-18-10 03:07 AM
    Is the Torch dual? If you don't know do you know where one could find out?
    The Torch does NOT have CDMA
    12-18-10 08:37 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD