01-12-15 12:11 PM
36 12
tools
    Their main concern is that the business community knows it exists.
    Ya, I read the memo.

Like I said... same mistakes over and over and over and over again!

They're not even doing what it takes to inform most biz users... blindly thinking enterprise software will save the day...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:23 PM
    They're not even doing what it takes to inform most biz users... blindly thinking enterprise software will save the day
    Handsets make up almost half of BlackBerry's revenue but it's reasonable to assume they'd like to replace that with software and services revenue. Higher margins and less competition.
    01-04-15 03:04 PM
    I'm not sure that is the case now. I think it's much less than half. They just sold a ton of patents for a gazillion dollars.
    Handsets make up almost half of BlackBerry's revenue but it's reasonable to assume they'd like to replace that with software and services revenue. Higher margins and less competition.
    01-04-15 05:45 PM
    I'm not sure that is the case now. I think it's much less than half. They just sold a ton of patents for a gazillion dollars.
    I heard that it was 2 tons for 3 gazillion! :-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    01-04-15 06:58 PM
    Update:
    My dad had to replace his phone and could not wait any longer for the Classic to come to Verizon, so the sales rep talked him into a Motorola.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:19 AM
    I don't know why everybody keeps complaining about Blackberry. The only way they can sell a version for Verizon is when Verizon orders the phones and then sells them. It's not like Blackberry can force Verizon to do anything. Blackberry is barely surviving quarter to quarter and doing a good job surviving at that..

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 01:35 PM
    This is incorrect. From release, yes, Android apps could be sideloaded. However, there were many steps involved - the apps had to be downloaded to PC and converted from apk to bar before they were installed, plus extra software was needed in order to sideload. There was a major update (10.2.1.xxxx) that made direct install of android apps possible, no coverting and no sideloading necessary. After that, 1mobile and Amazon became usable and Snap was created as a Google Play storefront.

So, yes, there was an update that made installing Android apps easy.
    Okay, I mispoke and you're right about 10.2.1.xxxx, however I don't think Verizon reps would have "Sold" the Z10 based on this "easier" ability to load Android apps since you still had to load the app stores.

So maybe it will be a feature they sell for the Classic because it's already on the device with much smoother functionality.

Q10 waiting for The Classic to come to VZW
    Fret Madden likes this.
    01-11-15 05:11 PM
    Okay, I mispoke and you're right about 10.2.1.xxxx, however I don't think Verizon reps would have "Sold" the Z10 based on this "easier" ability to load Android apps since you still had to load the app stores.
    Right, never happened that I know of; but then again it was still firmly in the realm of a developer's tool so even if they knew about it (LOL) they wouldn't be able to promote it.

So maybe it will be a feature they sell for the Classic because it's already on the device with much smoother functionality.

Q10 waiting for The Classic to come to VZW
    This I can see happening since 10.3.x comes with Amazon; but I won't be surprised if it goes unnoticed as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 06:31 PM
    So I asked at the store if any of the reps had ever seen someone with a blackberry z30 or z10 before and the four I have asked so far have said no. Perhaps this is why they don't have the required education.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:06 PM
    Verizon phone support reps are clueless as well. I called to ask about upgrading my Z10 (Maybe a Z30, maybe a Classic) Rep 'informed ' me a BB Bold is a step up from a Z10. No one has a clue. It makes me want to drop kick Verizon to the curb, but if I want good signal strength in this rural area they are the only game in town. I am going need to look into using the Ham Bands for mobile Internet. If only I can pull that off!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 09:32 PM
    I don't mind a sales rep not knowing something. There is much I don't know. But when the VZW rep looks me in the eye and says Verizon doesn't sell BB anymore, it is a little frustrating. In my line of work, I always need to be clear on what I know to be true, what I know to be false, and what I honestly don't know. I know, this is probably too much to ask for the majority of people. And it's probably the reason I'm an agnostic.
    01-12-15 12:11 PM
36 12