01-12-15 12:11 PM
36 12
tools
    I am a BlackBerry stockholder and replaced my android phone with a Z30 (first BB I have owned) back in March. I was looking for a phone with a long lasting battery and came across the Z30 on Verizon's site. I read all the reviews and decided to try it. Best choice I could have made, excellent phone! Upgraded my wife's phone to a Z30 a month later.
    Both times we called Verizon to activate the phone, they couldn't believe that we bought a new BlackBerry and were surprised to learn that we bought it at Verizon.
    My father has been wanting to get rid of his Samsung for the last few months and wanted a phone with a keyboard and call buttons. He wants to stay with Verizon, and I have convinced him to wait for the Classic. He has been patiently waiting and was at a Verizon store in Ohio today to see what they had. The rep told him they did not have and were not getting any new BlackBerry phones. Also that Blackberry was filing for bankruptcy soon. The only BB phone they had was a Q10, in the back and the rep said he had not sold a BB phone all year. My dad educated him on the Classic and about Android apps. They told him no BB phone would load Android apps.
    Blackberry needs to get with Verizon and create an employee commission program to push BB phones. They have to realize that not every enterprise purchase comes from an IT manager and large account reps. Every phone out there is an ad and marketing tool for future sales.

Posted via CB10
    mweber67 likes this.
    12-30-14 08:27 PM
    I also have found that people believe the worst rumors without even checking. The sales people near me have used the bb10 devices but only the early os's and do not have experience with 10.2 or 10.3. I personally wish I would have waited for the Z30 because of the battery and mirrorcast

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:43 PM
    I am a BlackBerry stockholder and replaced my android phone with a Z30 (first BB I have owned) back in March. I was looking for a phone with a long lasting battery and came across the Z30 on Verizon's site. I read all the reviews and decided to try it. Best choice I could have made, excellent phone! Upgraded my wife's phone to a Z30 a month later.
    Both times we called Verizon to activate the phone, they couldn't believe that we bought a new BlackBerry and were surprised to learn that we bought it at Verizon.
    My father has been wanting to get rid of his Samsung for the last few months and wanted a phone with a keyboard and call buttons. He wants to stay with Verizon, and I have convinced him to wait for the Classic. He has been patiently waiting and was at a Verizon store in Ohio today to see what they had. The rep told him they did not have and were not getting any new BlackBerry phones. Also that Blackberry was filing for bankruptcy soon. The only BB phone they had was a Q10, in the back and the rep said he had not sold a BB phone all year. My dad educated him on the Classic and about Android apps. They told him no BB phone would load Android apps.
    Blackberry needs to get with Verizon and create an employee commission program to push BB phones. They have to realize that not every enterprise purchase comes from an IT manager and large account reps. Every phone out there is an ad and marketing tool for future sales.

Posted via CB10
    Well, after leaving work today, I called a Verizon store to make sure they had a Z30 in stock so I could upgrade on my way home. The sales person's exact words were "we don't have any BlackBerrys in the stores. You have to call our website to order one." Not sure if she really meant stores as plural, I called two more Verizon stores with similar results. I asked the person in the last store if Verizon was no longer going to sell BlackBerrys, and he didn't know, but said that was possible as they hadn't had any BBs in that store in a very long time. Then I called their 800 number and their sales rep said she didn't know why the stores didn't have them, but said I could definitely order one. I asked if they would continue to sell them and she said yes, and stated that they were expecting to have the Classic available to order around Jan. 15. I can only wonder what this all means, but it's not good for BB.
    12-30-14 08:55 PM
    Hopefully that is true, I may be able to get him to hold off until mid January, but much longer and he will go with something else.
    Blackberry needs to get with some of the top colleges for informatics, and get the Z30, passport and classic into the hands of some of the professors and students. These are the app builders and future IT staff & decision makers.
    They have to create a buzz & growing demand for their products again, then carriers will have no choice but to sell them in their stores.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:47 PM
    I'm in Cypress, Ca and my store does not carry BB's because they don't sell. Not one sale this year but I've been told that you can order them online.
    12-30-14 10:33 PM
    I dont think sell them instore anymore, atleast not the z30. It is online or phone only
    12-30-14 10:38 PM
    OP, do you really expect them to stock a low selling device that's over 12 months old? BlackBerry has had nothing in the lineup since then. It's no wonder the mind share among sales reps has slipped into oblivion.
    12-30-14 10:44 PM
    I work for Verizon and I show customers my white Q10 rocking 10.3 all the time. We have one black Q10 in stock. Impossible to get the Z10 or the Z30 in stock in store. Very easy for the Q. I ask, it is delivered!

Responses from customers are usually "Oh, no.. I don't want that.."

Posted via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    12-30-14 11:26 PM
    This should surprise no one... BB has made it clear their primary market is not consumer but Enterprise.... thus no emphasis on carriers.... should not expect anything of great note for a couple of years if any... as for training and incentives.... waste of time... the carriers make their money on Apple and Sammy et all... their is no reason for them to push BB or Microsoft when they are past being a niche device..... way of the smartphone world... at least for now...
    12-30-14 11:38 PM
    Well next year blackberry needs to roll out all the new phones with some sort of store rep incentive.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 10:06 AM
    Blackberry has to realize that lots of enterprise customers use Verizon and who in turn offers product and monthly discounts to the company employees, which are in essence consumers. BlackBerry should be pushing the dual-numbers to one phone for separate business and personal sides. This would be a big benefit to the BYOD crowd.

Posted via CB10
    misterabrasive likes this.
    12-31-14 06:34 PM
    This should surprise no one... BB has made it clear their primary market is not consumer but Enterprise.... thus no emphasis on carriers.... should not expect anything of great note for a couple of years if any... as for training and incentives.... waste of time... the carriers make their money on Apple and Sammy et all... their is no reason for them to push BB or Microsoft when they are past being a niche device..... way of the smartphone world... at least for now...
    I... agree...with... you...

Happy... New... Year...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:03 PM
    BlackBerry gave up the consumer market. Not surprising to me that no one knows or cares about the phones in the stores. Probably 98% of the walk in traffic is going to be consumers and that's who the reps are going to be trained up to serve.

Sucks a bit. Yeah.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-31-14 07:09 PM
    Well, after leaving work today, I called a Verizon store to make sure they had a Z30 in stock so I could upgrade on my way home. The sales person's exact words were "we don't have any BlackBerrys in the stores. You have to call our website to order one." Not sure if she really meant stores as plural, I called two more Verizon stores with similar results. I asked the person in the last store if Verizon was no longer going to sell BlackBerrys, and he didn't know, but said that was possible as they hadn't had any BBs in that store in a very long time. Then I called their 800 number and their sales rep said she didn't know why the stores didn't have them, but said I could definitely order one. I asked if they would continue to sell them and she said yes, and stated that they were expecting to have the Classic available to order around Jan. 15. I can only wonder what this all means, but it's not good for BB.
    The BlackBerry Z30, while exclusive to VZW in the US was never stocked in ANY store from launch. They've always been direct to fulfillment. Some stores had demo's and you could order to the store. The only other way was ordering over phone or online. Those lucky enough to find one in a store was by pure luck. Someone must have ordered and not picked it up so the store had it in stock. Other than that the Z30 was direct to fulfillment only.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-02-15 08:32 AM
    Actually the Z30 was stocked in northern Michigan and I saw some down state also

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:05 AM
    Actually the Z30 was stocked in northern Michigan and I saw some down state also

Posted via CB10
    False information, period. It wasn't even stocked in the 3 biggest Verizon stores in the U.S. in NYC, Philly, and NJ. Like I said, only stock was those who didn't pick up their orders. Certainly, entitled to continue to say otherwise, but it's a fact. Verizon never stocked the phone, anywhere, period. Great phone, I ordered it launch day, but prefer my Q10.

01-02-15 06:02 PM
    False information, period. It wasn't even stocked in the 3 biggest Verizon stores in the U.S. in NYC, Philly, and NJ. Like I said, only stock was those who didn't pick up their orders. Certainly, entitled to continue to say otherwise, but it's a fact. Verizon never stocked the phone, anywhere, period. Great phone, I ordered it launch day, but prefer my Q10.

exactly. some stores around NYC had z30s as demos (I played with one), but they never had stock for sale. it was always inline only for sales.
    anon6040766 likes this.
    01-02-15 06:14 PM
    Then they must have returned the display to the store also. I really thought that they don't actually sell the display signs. The sales people had the first z10's and z30's as their personal phones. Some stores actually tried to sell them but gave up before the os update that made Droid apps easy to install.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:03 PM
    Then they must have returned the display to the store also. I really thought that they don't actually sell the display signs. The sales people had the first z10's and z30's as their personal phones. Some stores actually tried to sell them but gave up before the os update that made Droid apps easy to install.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not trying to be be rude. But you're completely misinformed except for one piece of info. Yes, some store reps had the Z10 and in addition to that, some store reps had Q10's as well in the US. No store reps had Z30's. Stores had Z30 demo devices for a small period of time, most of which were locked in demo mode or were plastic models to illustrate the size. I have first hand knowledge of this.

Oh and lastly, from the moment the Z10 was released you could side-load Android apps. There was no OS update that made installing "Droid" apps easy. The most recent leaks of 10.3.1 and the Classic that has 10.3.1 is out 3 years post Z10 launch. 10.3.1 and the Classic w/ 10.3.1 has the Amazon Store and you can download Android apps directly from the store. Before that, you could always sideload, use 1Market, or download Snap. Just let it go.
    01-03-15 04:55 PM
    So the store rep lied,and didn't have the phone as their own and didn't have it in stock when they said they did. Also side loading was always easy as just using snap, huh, directly installing apk's didn't come until a year after launch. This was well after the stores in my area got rid of BlackBerry phones. Different districts can get different products because of previously good selling products. The store had all three at one time, though the Z30 was only in the store for about a month. The store doesn't do much but Droid now, very little apple either.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:22 PM
    You are not alone. I experienced the same neglect from Verizon store reps. I can only say that the behavior has likely trickled down from the higher upper management of Verizon. I recently responded to a survey from BlackBerry. In my response I noted the same issues you were having as well as other roll out issue I am having with the Passport not being available. I would recommend you take the time and give notice to BlackBerry by responding to the survey request.
    01-04-15 02:53 AM
    Oh and lastly, from the moment the Z10 was released you could side-load Android apps. There was no OS update that made installing "Droid" apps easy. The most recent leaks of 10.3.1 and the Classic that has 10.3.1 is out 3 years post Z10 launch. 10.3.1 and the Classic w/ 10.3.1 has the Amazon Store and you can download Android apps directly from the store. Before that, you could always sideload, use 1Market, or download Snap. Just let it go.
    This is incorrect. From release, yes, Android apps could be sideloaded. However, there were many steps involved - the apps had to be downloaded to PC and converted from apk to bar before they were installed, plus extra software was needed in order to sideload. There was a major update (10.2.1.xxxx) that made direct install of android apps possible, no coverting and no sideloading necessary. After that, 1mobile and Amazon became usable and Snap was created as a Google Play storefront.

So, yes, there was an update that made installing Android apps easy.
    01-04-15 04:49 AM
    This post is sooo 2011.
    01-04-15 09:06 AM
    This post is sooo 2011.
    Maybe... but when BlackBerry keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again such history remains pertinent.

4 months in and still no one outside the geek community knows the Passport exists!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:26 AM
    Maybe... but when BlackBerry keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again such history remains pertinent.

4 months in and still no one outside the geek community knows the Passport exists!
    Their main concern is that the business community knows it exists.
    01-04-15 10:52 AM
36 12