08-30-08 12:27 AM
30 12
    I totally understand exactly what you are saying.

I had my 8830 for 15 months and I knew that I was eligible to upgrade to the Curve for $99.99.

I logged into my account online and did my research beforehand to make sure, so that my husband could make the purchase for my birthday.

Well, of course I was excited and in a hurry to get the new phone, so we went to the VZW store to purchase it directly.

Well, the guy "looked up" my account and told me that I would be paying like $250 for the phone because I wasn't eligible for and upgrade at a discounted price for another nine months.

I was like "are you sure?" and he's like "yes ma'am". I said "in that case I'll just buy it online and wait for it to come in the mail since I know I am eligible for an upgrade at the discounted price of $99.99", while walking out of the store.

He didn't even budge! He didn't try to work with me, or call me back to make certain that the information he gave me was correct.

I was livid. I thought that was the worst customer service! Even worse was that there were two other associates who watched the whole thing go down, and neither one said a word. They let me and my husband walk out of there with not a second thought.

Shame that you can get better customer service from a laptop than you can from a human being.........
    08-29-08 02:11 PM
    I am in sales/customer support myself and a customer problem is a great chance to solidify relationships and prove yourself as a vendor/supplier of goods and services. Why do so many companies screw up in this area?
    08-29-08 02:59 PM
    I rarely go to the store they act brain damage there but they do get paid pretty good.
    Last edited by stayfly; 08-29-08 at 03:48 PM.
    08-29-08 03:45 PM
    I still prefer the stores with the terminals, rather than the greeter. Maybe it is because I like that they don't seem to ask you as much in those ones if they can help me, because they figure I was able to read the huge sign that says, Sign In Here, with a big arrow. But I have seen the lemmings as you put it as well

This store has a computer terminal and when I walked in I headed straight for it, all proud of myself because I wasn't going to wander around aimlessly like some people. However, the greeter guy stood in front of the terminal at the last second as I approached and proceeded to interrogate me. I think they are trying to "screen" their terminal sign ins. In other words, "get rid of as many non-sales customers as possible."
    08-30-08 12:12 AM
    LOL @ interrogate! U know U weren't in there 2 buy anything. Wasting those good ppl's time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 12:27 AM
30 12