10-25-11 11:28 PM
47 12
tools
    So I go to my local Verizon store to talk to a rep about my wife's account. While I am waiting, I look around for the new Blackberries. There's a whole wall with a huge DROID sign (I'm talking 4 X 8 feet), another wall with a huge iPhone sign, nothing but nothing with Blackberry or even the Blackberry Logo. Thinking I must have missed it, I do a 360 again, nope nothing Blackberry. After a few minutes of searching, I finally find them under a small section with a small simple "Smartphones" sign. When I got the rep, I made a comment about how I couldn't find the Blackberries and he mumbled something about "there's not alot to choose from..." Anyway, I'm wondering if this is the norm at all Verizon stores or just mine?
    09-28-11 11:03 AM
    ROFLMAO!!!! And the iPhone comes in how many models???? And of all those flavors of Android, 99% are touch-screen slabs ... I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MadGasser and i7guy like this.
    09-28-11 11:12 AM
    I'm willing to bet that it's that way at all VZW stores. The local one I went to was the same way. Droids lined the walls, BlackBerry was relegated to one side of a pod facing the opposite direction of the enterance. It took me a couple minutes to locate them.

This also rubs off onto the salespeople at the stores. The day I went in to get my 9930, I had decided that I'd play stupid and act like I didn't know a whole lot about the phones. I was going to say that I liked the 9930, but wanted to see about them lowering the price. Anyways, the guy that helped me took me over to the 9930, to which he said I could "do web browsing and e-mail stuff" on it, and that's about as far as he went with that. He IMMEDIATELY pointed me in the direction of the Droid Bionic and told me that for everything I had described that I do (which I mentioned that I liked how the BB did it, and was satisfied with BB) that the Bionic would be a great device for me. When I mentioned I wanted a full keyboard, off we went to the Droid 3... A few days later, when I came back with my 9930 in search of a screen protector, the gal went to the back, and came out with a screen protector for the 9630. "Are you sure this will fit?" I asked her. "The guy in back says it's the same size as the screen on your phone." she replied. I then informed her that the Bold screen was larger than the screen on the Tour (which I upgraded from) and left the store. *sigh*

I work part time for a 3rd party mobile retailer (non-comission based pay) and when we started carrying the iPhone we were pushed to sell it to everyone. I didn't buy into this, and I didn't push the iPhone off on anyone. I've always tried to find out a person's needs, and find the best handset to fill those needs, whether it be BB, iPhone, Android, or a simple messaging/flip phone. It's sad that you can't go to a store and get actual useful information that will help you make an educated purchase. To my understanding, VZW is one of the WORST when it comes to this...
    Last edited by elvin1983; 09-28-11 at 11:35 AM.
    JJGeneral1 likes this.
    09-28-11 11:32 AM
    Lmao that is truly sad what happened to training employees on these devices

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    09-28-11 11:58 AM
    I'm wondering if this is the norm at all Verizon stores or just mine?
    Shelf space - that's a quick Indicator of the overall marketing and advertising approach. RIM must start the music for them and the carriers to dance together. Sadly it is small space & 99xx only at most Verizon stores. Maybe it will improve as inventory gears up?

Last edited by glassofpinot; 09-28-11 at 04:24 PM.
    09-28-11 04:22 PM
    Yeah, it's common..

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-truth-654010/
    09-28-11 04:27 PM
    09-28-11 04:31 PM
    09-28-11 04:32 PM
    I went in a Verizon store over the weekend to look at the 9930 (loved it). I couldn't find the blackberrys and the rep seemed surprised that I wanted to see it. As others have mentioned, there were no signs or anything that even said "Blackberry." She didn't try to sell me on anything else, but I didn't really give her a chance. I was in a hurry and said I just wanted to check out the 9930.

I also went into an AT&T store this weekend and asked about when they will get the 9900. The rep didn't know but told me he thinks RIM is "done." He said he thinks Apple will buy RIM "for the servers."
    09-28-11 06:35 PM
    I went to King of Prussia mall I Philly a few weeks ago. There is a vzw store in there...they had bb signs mentioning the "new blackberry 6"! LOL! I just turned around and left...

09-28-11 06:41 PM
    It is obvious that carriers are not promoting blackberry anymore. But for a good reason there are faster and all around better devices out there. Hopefully QNX will put some jazz in the sales. If not I firmly believe it will be the end of the blackberry era. No matter what RIM has been doing its not sparking the eye of the consumer and their sales show that.
    On the brighter side the awe of the android and apple devices is wearing off and some are returning to BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-28-11 06:53 PM
    It's all about marketing for RIM, or lack there of. Businesses fail when they fail to deliver their message and they have not been good in this area. There are positives on every platform, it's RIM's job to market those positives and create a better overall environment for themselves. Until then even QNX won't save the day.

09-28-11 06:59 PM
    What a joke. TBH Sales reps in general, no matter what industry are lying garbage bins.
    09-28-11 07:01 PM
    This is how every Verizon is and seems like it will be this way for quite some time. Maybe QNX will be that "boost" that will make Verizon realize BB isn't going anywhere. This is why BB is so called fading out because they have no support or push from the reps since they're commission based(can't blame them though). I despite going into Verizon stores.
    09-28-11 07:18 PM
    So I go to my local Verizon store to talk to a rep about my wife's account. While I am waiting, I look around for the new Blackberries. There's a whole wall with a huge DROID sign (I'm talking 4 X 8 feet), another wall with a huge iPhone sign, nothing but nothing with Blackberry or even the Blackberry Logo. Thinking I must have missed it, I do a 360 again, nope nothing Blackberry. After a few minutes of searching, I finally find them under a small section with a small simple "Smartphones" sign. When I got the rep, I made a comment about how I couldn't find the Blackberries and he mumbled something about "there's not alot to choose from..." Anyway, I'm wondering if this is the norm at all Verizon stores or just mine?
    This is the way mine changed from over 2 years ago when I bought my Tour, Now ALL BBs are in the furthest corner of the back of the store. I still walked out with a new 9930 and could not be happier.
    09-28-11 08:17 PM
    Yeah I guess I got lucky. The very bb inclined salesman that helped me said "everyone here is either iphone or android, except me" as he pulls a 9930 out of his slacks. He's even a member here at CB. So I got treated really special. All he could say was "they have no idea what they are missing". I don't think its a complete corporate bias. I think it has more to do with the fact that in order to be Blackberry savvy you have to own one. You also have to be hungry for the knowledge that really makes it sing. And most of the zombies at the Vz store have never even looked at one. I think its a defense mechanism. They know nothing of Blackberry so they act like they don't care. Just my immediate first hand impression. Hope you read this Josh! I'm lovin every moment with my new Bold, Thanks!

09-28-11 10:46 PM
    These threads keep popping up like there's a carrier conspiracy. Android sells 43% iphone sells 28% rim sells 13% .. its not surprising they dont push the 3rd place platform as hard as the ones that make them more money

09-28-11 11:00 PM
    My Verizon store is the same way HUGE android sign and HUGE iPhone sign. But I walked out with the 9850 & 9930. As I was talking to the rep he asked why not a droid or iphone. I said I had them both and was extremely bored. I was so glad I finally had the upgrades to get my BB's again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-28-11 11:08 PM
    Wow!! I found these stories amazing. When I went to my Verizon store for my 9300 I didn't experience anything like this. I walked in and ask for the new BB's they took me to their display, I tried out the new BB and that was all. I told the rep what I wanted and the brought out my 9930 and it was all good. My experience was nothing but positive. I'm sorry to hear of all these negative stories..
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-29-11 12:59 AM
    Wow!! I found these stories amazing. When I went to my Verizon store for my 9300 I didn't experience anything like this. I walked in and ask for the new BB's they took me to their display, I tried out the new BB and that was all. I told the rep what I wanted and the brought out my 9930 and it was all good. My experience was nothing but positive. I'm sorry to hear of all these negative stories..
    What Country-State do you live in? Your experience does not sound like USA, and we have seen reports that some countries are doing more marketing (and more shelf space)..
    09-29-11 01:53 AM
    It's all about marketing for RIM, or lack there of. Businesses fail when they fail to deliver their message and they have not been good in this area. There are positives on every platform, it's RIM's job to market those positives and create a better overall environment for themselves. Until then even QNX won't save the day.
    Agree 100% - especially what I underlined above! It is not the feature or the next new OS that alone "makes" it for Blackberry. As much as we like technical superiority, this is a world of many different users. They need to be connected with messaging -- no product sells itself.

Whoever said " Build a better mousetrap and teh world will beat a path to your door was WRONG and left out half of marketing and most of sales !
    09-29-11 02:00 AM
    . Hopefully QNX will put some jazz in the sales.
    Maybe QNX will be that "boost" that will make Verizon realize BB isn't going anywhere. This is why BB is so called fading out because they have no support or push from the reps since they're commission based(can't blame them though). I despite going into Verizon stores.
    BB is fading out and it has nothing to do with sales reps.

This is the norm around the country. It's sad that RIM used to be #1 and now they've fallen to a distant third behind iPhone and Android. I don't think that QNX will be the cure all that RIM hopes. They're bleeding badly and QNX is merely a bandaid on an arterial wound. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see. We can all agree that they've got a LOT of catching up to do. I personally don't think that they can't do anything until they have the app library that iOS and Droid have. Most users want apps. BB doesn't have that many compared to iOS and Droid.
    phonejunky likes this.
    09-29-11 09:35 AM
    Same applies to T-mobile, Sprint and Verizon stores in the Boston area. It's either there is a conspiracy against RIM (which is unlikely) ,the phones are just not profitable enough for the carriers to put in an effort (very plausible) or the onus is on RIM to supply the carriers with marketing material.

Bottom line is RIM is getting no love and it's consistent across Tmobile, Sprint and Verizon
    09-29-11 10:36 AM
    Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and dont get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If youre on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they wont be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    JJGeneral1 likes this.
    09-29-11 11:14 AM
    I find the Verizon stores in my area to have several BB's on display and usually have one counter devoted to BB. The top new releases (99xx) always seem to have more than one device on display to try and all their devices are fully activated and connected to internet. Maybe it's area specific as to what is out there and pushed.
    I generally don't talk to the help for device advice anyway as I know what I want and what I'm doing. That said tho I sure do see them trying to sell product to the unsuspecting masses. It's nice being an informed consumer and If I'm not on some item I'll research it before buying. I know, I'm in the minority.
    09-29-11 02:00 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD