could you please stop pushing stuff to our personal phones. Is their any kind of a list we the people can be put on to stop receiving apps we don't want. how about sending an email to let customers know their is a new app and leave it up to the consumer to download it to their PERSONAL device. I received a youtube app and when I agree to the download it tells me that its not compatible with my device. Wtf not compatible. Thank you for another useless app that won't go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 04:45 PM
    could you please stop pushing stuff to our personal phones. Is their any kind of a list we the people can be put on to stop receiving apps we don't want. how about sending an email to let customers know their is a new app and leave it up to the consumer to download it to their PERSONAL device. I received a youtube app and when I agree to the download it tells me that its not compatible with my device. Wtf not compatible. Thank you for another useless app that won't go away.

VZW is not going to stop pushing this stuff to us. When you get the link/icon just hide it in your programs folder and forget about it.
    03-04-10 04:54 PM

03-04-10 05:22 PM
    Burn.....
    03-04-10 05:25 PM
    juz hide it,,,,it doesnt waste ur mem that much at all
    03-04-10 05:27 PM
    In not worried about memory. that's not the point the point is their are other ways to let people know of new n worthless apps instead of forcing them upon you. How many more are we gonna have to hide in the future. Besides that they don't even work. NOT compatible I do remember me ranting about that too.

03-04-10 06:16 PM
    I agree with the OP. It's your phone if you want the crap you'll download it. It's kind of like big brother is there. How about you hate mustard but every time you buy or eat a hotdog mustard is on it since they think you want and need it. Sure you can wipe it off or ignore but it's still not your choice.
    03-04-10 06:26 PM
    This push was absolutely worthless to storm owners. You can't download the program even if you wanted to. It just says incompatible.

03-04-10 06:52 PM
    Totally agree with the OP. How many unused icons do we need on our device. Hiding the icons is useless. They are still visible, which contradicts with the term "hiding".

@mawint: the the app works fine on my Storm.

A big Eff You to Verizon.
    03-04-10 06:53 PM
    Totally agree with the OP. How many unused icons do we need on our device. Hiding the icons is useless. They are still visible, which contradicts with the term "hiding".

@mawint: the the app works fine on my Storm.

A big Eff You to Verizon.
    Exact message I get trying to download the program. By clicking on the youtube icon.

Device Not Supported

Sorry, YouTube is not supported on your device.

Please visit http://m.google.com for other Google products supported by your device.

Change Language

03-04-10 07:51 PM
    Totally agree, Verizon is a bunch of a-holes!! Do they not know that they are pushing totally worthless BS. If it was compatable that would be a "slightly" different story, but to push something that is not even going to work on my phone...come on already, my 5 year old son isn't that oblivious to technology to know better. And I totally agree with OP send me an email and let me decide what to put on my phone, if they were only that good with getting us updates on important things such as OS upgrades, which they email to you sometime and almost always have to hunt down on your own.

Lets start a protest to be able to get on a list for future crap pushing that allows us to decide to be a part or not!!!!
    03-04-10 09:29 PM
    having your account set up online email Verizon and let them know your grievances.
    And the more people who complain about the same issue, the better. There was an area in my town that had lacked coverage and after receiving a number of emails, it was checked out and now the coverage is much much better. So, Verizon does listen to their customers. I haven't gotten that uTube icon on my Tour and am glad. I don't want it . Only icon I have seen is for Bing and my phone doesn't require it.....yet anyways.
    03-04-10 10:11 PM
    Hmm. So it's fair to say Verizon will be dropping their forced data plan soon?

03-05-10 07:19 AM

Well said!
    03-07-10 10:05 PM
    I agree. I'm tired of seeing a new icon pop and and having to think 'When the hello did I DL that...oh...it was pushed...UGH'

Annoying. I'd also like to choose when and IF I DL something. It's not a HUGE deal, but it does get under your skin whenever it happens.
    03-09-10 04:45 AM
    I love how people cry about apps they get for FREE! bunch of cry babies
    03-09-10 07:34 AM
    I love how people cry about apps they get for FREE! bunch of cry babies
    yea! Cause why should anyone complain that their device is being highjacked by things they dont want!?!? The nerve of these complainers!
    03-09-10 09:10 AM
    03-09-10 09:19 AM
    what got pushed now? I dont see anything new. Last I got was social beat
    03-09-10 09:49 AM
    the only things that got pushed to my phone was bing, facebook, app world & slacker.
    big deal...they aren't going anywhere so just hide them and move on.
    03-09-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD