09-18-08 05:13 AM
34 12
tools
    I just got my 1st bill $340.00!!!!!!!!! Turns out it wasn't minutes I only used 221 of the 700. But I did use 400% of my data plan. I called Verizon at 11PM and the lady on the other end not only looked at my bill and suggested I go to the unlimited plan for $5.00 more. AND AND AND she took off the charges for the overage on data so instead of paying that $340 I only had to pay my expected payment PLUS the extra $5.00.

There was no haggling, or me threatening for a manager. Also she never once put me on hold, my personal pet peeve.

This is why i left T-mobile.
    09-09-08 08:43 AM
    Wow that is pretty awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 08:45 AM
    I don't know why they have the 10MG plan. Just offer unlimited and be done with it.

09-09-08 08:48 AM
    Vzw has reached a new understanding when it comes to customer service, it is a good time to be one of their customers.

09-09-08 09:00 AM
    That's awesome! I also noticed when I was picking up my curve 2 weeks ago that the salespeople in the store now will actually call you if you've gone over any portion of your plan (texts, data, etc) to warn you and see if you'd like to upgrade the plan before the bill is received. I have unlimited everything, so doesn't really concern me but I still thought it was a nice touch.
    09-09-08 09:10 AM
    If they would have put you on the right plan to begin with, none of this would have been necessary.
    09-09-08 09:12 AM
    Lucky you! I spent two hours on the phone while in a VZW store argueing with CS about overages that were not my fault.
    09-09-08 09:38 AM
    Ya I had a similar issue. Some how while I was logged into my verizon account I knocked off the select plan and put myself on the basic plan and that plan did not include unlimited texting. Well I got my $1,400 bill I called them and they took care of the almost $1,300 in texting charges.

09-09-08 10:04 AM
    Ya I had a similar issue. Some how while I was logged into my verizon account I knocked off the select plan and put myself on the basic plan and that plan did not include unlimited texting. Well I got my $1,400 bill I called them and they took care of the almost $1,300 in texting charges.

Wow how much texting do u do??!? Lol. I remember when I had my free incoming calls and only 300 mins plan with nextel, I called cs to ask a question n the guy was like I see on ur account u exceeded ur monthly mins. I'm like how much n he said by like 1,000. I was like What?!! I kept telling him no its a mistake. Spent 10 going back n forth n being on hold. So I hung up, I felt like cryin. Thinking how the heck I'm pay that bill. Called back again n another lady said the same thing. I kept asking are you sure u looking at the anytime mins n not the free incoming n anytime together. Come to found out I only went over my mins by like 25 r so.

09-09-08 10:22 AM
    If they would have put you on the right plan to begin with, none of this would have been necessary.
    The choices are out there for you to make. "They" shouldn't be putting you on anything. He made the choice, got billed, and they understood and refunded him the money. I don't see a problem here. I think VZW did a great job in service. In fact, VZW is one of the few companies that actually calls you and recommends you got to a certain plan to save money.
    Last edited by dom9360; 09-09-08 at 11:46 AM.
    09-09-08 10:52 AM
    Wow how much texting do u do??!
    I do have 3 kids who burn up their phones with texting. My oldest 2 boys do about 1,500 to 2,000 text each month, my daughter is only 9 so she does not text that much and then there is the wife and I

09-09-08 11:02 AM
    The choices are out there for you to make. "They" shouldn't be putting you on anything.
    EXACTLY I'm 32 grown man and should have asked, I didn't it was totally my problem, but VZW made it theirs and confirmed I made the right choice.
    09-09-08 12:29 PM
    A similiar thing happened to me before. I'm not sure how but the IN calling was taken off my plan and I was being charged for every call I was making to other Verizon customers. When I got a $600 bill I called and they took care of it right away.

09-09-08 12:38 PM
    Verizon is usually pretty good about helping out when mistakes are made with plans. I've only had to threaten to cancel my service once.

Now that Verizon has AIM for the Blackberry, I think I'll be sticking around for awhile.

09-10-08 04:36 PM
    Once I waded through the phone menus and 1 or 2 crappy customer service reps, I FINALLY got a person who knew what they were doing and had the authority to make decisions.

She too advised about going to the unlimited data plan - actually saved me $15+ a month. When I bought my Pearl, the guy at the VZW store screwed my over by setting my up with the unlimited business data plan ($50/month) and tethering ($15/month) even after I specifically asked requested the cheaper consumer data plan. Frickin' **** and commissions. Didn't realize this till I got my 1st bill with the new BB phone. The store receipt doesn't reflect the various plans you get.

I politely and firmly asked for things to be corrected and once I got that right CSR, she put me on the unlimited consumer data plan ($30/mo, including tethering). Plus I get a corporate discount on my normal minutes AND the BB data plan, so saved me even more ! She then wrote down the details of my being screwed by the saleskid at the store and said she'd look into the sitch.

Like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, VZW is changing their tune about cust service for the good. She said they're cross-training the in-store sales folks to be CSR's. I hope she's right, cause my last trip there wasn't pleasant. I waited 20 minutes to swap a phone holster while extra sales folks meandered around the store. I asked the supervisor to take care of me and he said, "Sorry, I have to manage the floor" .... WTF does that mean ? The store is smaller then my apartment. He then proceeded to stand 5 feet away from me and hold the floor down against gravity and do little else. GRRRRRRRRRRR ! Don't want the floor to start floating up in case gravity fails .....

Mike
    09-11-08 09:47 AM
    They are great with billing issues. I love them for this. However, I am not always satisfied with problems with their devices.
    09-11-08 10:00 AM
    They're getting better, I guess. Just 7 days after I got my Curve, they dropped the price $50 so it would have been $0 out of packet with the NE2 program.

I called and they credited me $50 to my account. I guess I'll stay for two more years..Perhaps they'll have the Bold by then.
    09-11-08 10:41 AM
    I also had an issue with Verizon on my first bill. Turns out that the sales person signed me up for Data Tethering, he also did not get the right data usage on my plan (I asked for UNLMTD). All it took was one call and **poof** the Tethering was taken off the plan, so were the additional charges for the data usage and I was put right back in place with the Unlimited plan I had originally asked for. I even got $40 in credit on my next bill.

Verizon is the best!
    09-11-08 10:54 AM
    2,000 text messages??????????????

I can't even imagine paying a $1,400 dollar cell phone bill.

I would have fainted on the spot!!!!!
    09-11-08 10:54 AM

My wife almost did, until after I got off the phone with Verizon and showed her the correct bill on line.
    09-11-08 03:56 PM

I don't think 2,000 text messages is that much. I easily average around 10,000 a month.
    09-11-08 04:07 PM
    Verizon's kung-fu is best. I switched over to an HTC Touch with Alltel about 6 months ago and that was a nightmare. It would have been cool with the my circle stuff, since I don't even talk to 10 different people, but they couldn't ever get it right. I got my phone and it was turned off a week later because I "went well over my minutes". Well, this was very incorrect. They were counting the data usage as a per minute thing. I had unlimited data on my plan...

Anyways, finally got it sorted and then another problem came up and another so I just decided to stop giving them money. Had my Verizon account still going at the time and in the last 2 1/2 years, I have never had 1 problem with Verizon.
    09-11-08 04:19 PM
    I just got my 1st bill $340.00!!!!!!!!! Turns out it wasn't minutes I only used 221 of the 700. But I did use 400% of my data plan. I called Verizon at 11PM and the lady on the other end not only looked at my bill and suggested I go to the unlimited plan for $5.00 more. AND AND AND she took off the charges for the overage on data so instead of paying that $340 I only had to pay my expected payment PLUS the extra $5.00.

There was no haggling, or me threatening for a manager. Also she never once put me on hold, my personal pet peeve.

This is why i left T-mobile.
    I love Verizon for just that reason. They are so understanding, want your business and will bend over backwards to accomodate you. I've been with Verizon for at least 8 years, and they just get better and better. I now have 5 people on my account including me. Great prices, services and Coverage... In in Fort Polk, LA which is a Military Base in the middle of nowhere. I can still stay in touch with my kids.
    09-11-08 04:28 PM
    I came over from Sprint and was also impressed with their customer service. I dont have a blackberry but i went over my minutes by 1500 or so and called customer service b/c the bill was HUGE! I talked to the rep on the phone and she switched me over to the unlimited plan that just came out and took off all of my overages. I guess anything is better than sprint but talk about going to bat for customers. they have been gret everytime i have called with an issue.
    09-13-08 04:17 PM
    I have had great experiences with Verizon customer service. Their network is awesome.

09-13-08 04:35 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD