06-11-08 03:20 PM
36 12
tools
    I have been waiting and waiting for the Curve. Finally I had the moment at work to call to order my new baby, when...the horrror... the want me to pay full price. In all honesty, my NE2 becomes available in December. However, what happened to ADC credit, and the other credits mentioned by the guru's on the net.

What can I do to get my baby home?
    Any suggestions?
    05-14-08 09:57 PM
    call retention?
    05-14-08 10:02 PM
    Ebay!!!!!!
    05-14-08 10:02 PM
    Yeah - threaten to cancel, and they'll let you get it! It always works!
    05-14-08 10:03 PM
    "Call retention" is that a department? Can I be transferred there?
    05-14-08 10:11 PM
    Yes it worth a try! Whats the worst that can happen, they say no.
    05-14-08 10:13 PM
    What about the ADC? Why don't I qualify for that?
    05-14-08 10:16 PM
    I just came to Sprint from Verizon... I had the exact problem as you only they told me that I was indeed able to get an early upgrade... Then they switched it to "No you're not eligible"... After some talking they ended up ordering the curve for me at 2 year pricing... What happens? They cancelled the order on me and told me I was only eligible for 1 year pricing or full retail... After going at it with them back and forth they agreed to let me have it at 2 year pricing and they place the order... and what happens? They cancel my order AGAIN!... That was the last straw for me. I came to Sprint. Although reception may not always be the greatest, it's still pretty good and I'm getting a ton of features for a great price. Anyway... good luck with that... Hope things turn out to your favor.
    05-14-08 10:34 PM
    If you're sharing a plan with anyone else (like a familyshare plan), you can use someone else's ne2 if they're eligible. I just got my curve from verizon on sunday, and I wasn't eligible for my ne2 until january. However, my dad was eligible, so they applied it to the phone. Also, you get fifty dollars off when you get a new cheaper data plan, and a hundred dollars off when you get the more expensive data plan. Good luck, I love mine and I know you'll feel the same once you finally get yours!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 10:41 PM
    The ADC you can only get on eligible upgrades. If you are not eligible for your NE2 upgrade till december you should be able to get the annual/early upgrade but you would forefit the ADC which is $100 on an eligible upgrade primary line and $50 on an eligible secondary line. So if you really want the curve you could ask for the "early upgrade" but you would only get the 2yr pricing as well as a mail in rebate. Good luck!
    05-14-08 11:14 PM
    i got my curve from verizon and i'm not eligible for ne2 until november and i got it at the 2 year pricing.

sometimes it just pays to be nice when your talking to a rep, and tell them that you are thinking about canceling. that is what i did
    05-14-08 11:14 PM
    Remind them that you can get a Curve on AT&T through Best Buy for $75 right now along with a less expensive plan. I haven't done the math but it should be enough to cover the termination fee.
    05-15-08 02:55 AM
    I was up for my NE2 about a month ago, but waited for the Curve to come out. I went online, and with my work discount, and the $100 ADC Credit, etc, it came to $149. Then I took my shopping list and went into a Verizon store. I talked with the rep and made sure all of my questions were answered and said let's do it. So, he checked with his manager to make sure he could honor the online price. He did. But then, when he added the car charger, case and 1GB SD card, I figured it would cost me another $50 or so. Not the case. I ended up walking out of the store with everything for $150. Not bad, considering that last week, it looked like it was going to cost $260 when I looked online. I was happy with what I got. They even had the case Fed-Exed to me cause they didn't have any in stock. I got that today. I am so enjoying my Blackberry! It is fun figuring out all the stuff I can do with it.
    05-15-08 03:50 AM
    First off, make sure you have an online account with vzw setup and active, that qualifies you for the option to upgrade once a year @ 2 year pricing. Then you should be able to upgrade online to get the online discount and advance device discount, with 2 year pricing, if it still won't let you, call customer service and they can give you the same deal.
    GL

05-15-08 10:58 AM
    MY BABY IS COMING HOME!

I spoke with a CSR on Thursday night who changed my "timing" on line. Apparently there is an option to purchase a new phone one year or more into one's contract at the two year contract price. Of course no NE2. That brought the price of the berry to $205. Then I added the BIS 29.99 to my account which made me eligible for the ADC of 100.00. Price of berry now $105. Then job 20% discount...the rebate....makes my berry very affordable.

Come home to mama..
    05-17-08 11:08 AM
    i just got off the phone upgrading to the curve on verizon. i must say i was quite impressed with the customer service rep i was paired with. we spent about an hour and 15 minutes on the phone with serval holds while he checked rebates and discounts. i upgraded early so the ADC of $50 cut the price down to $245 and the mail-in rebate should land it at $195. not too bad...i'll be getting some money for graduation so not too bad a hit (its a deal in my eyes) cant wait for it to land on my doorstep!!
    05-22-08 11:45 PM
    Awesome! Get excited, because you're going to love it. And a belated welcome to CrackBerry!
    05-23-08 11:28 AM
    Really, I just tried that tonight and basically was told I can get it at the 1 year contract price. So, I did exactly what I told them, I canceled. The supervisor acted surprised and thought I was just kidding, I guess the joke was on him.
    05-23-08 11:33 PM
    Ha ha. Yeah. They offered you a discount you weren't qualified for and you cancelled your number. Yeah, jokes on them.

05-24-08 01:42 AM
    Ha ha. Yeah. They offered you a discount you weren't qualified for and you cancelled your number. Yeah, jokes on them.
    Plus he paid an ETF. The joke is really on them.
    05-27-08 12:17 AM
    I left Verizon after 12 years. Because they would not let me upgrade 2 of my phones to the Pearl when that first came out. They told me, "Sorry" So I went to AT&T and got 2 Curves and a Shine for FREE. Had to pay the ETF's but it was so worth it....
    05-27-08 12:47 AM
    Soo you still ended up paying $350 for them. AT&T is going to say the same thing when you come to the same situation.

Oh well.

05-27-08 02:14 AM
    So, maximum rebate/discount one could get is $250?
    Over 2 years, that's $10.41 a month. You spent hours dealing with that situation. I hope all that calling/driving back and forth was worth all that. If you really wanted to save money, don't have it at all or get one of those trakfone.

BB is a luxury item, isn't it. People will twist facts and details to fit into their agenda.

The fact/rule is that you can upgrade your phone every 2 years or 1 year. The further along the period, the bigger discount. It's been that way for while. This isn't a news. On some occasions, people get discounts for anecdotal reasons, abnormal events. People scream to make abnormal actions to make it normal actions. Some people eventually give in, it's path to least resistance, easier. It's like a mother and a child in a grocery store. You've seen these interactions.. a kid constantly whining about the desire to have something like candies. Mother says no but the kid is insistent. 1/2 of the time the kid cries and throws grand seizer like drama. The mother gives-in to quiet the kid down. This is what adults do. Directionless affluence creates spoils. "Never give up and never surrender" is an admirable quality but this is a luxury phone product.

Companies like Verizon have to meet profit target, like 10%. These profits are tied into your 401K and other retirement/savings funds. Now, if you don't have these funds, you probably don't care and it's popular not top care about these things. it's more popular (populism) to be against corporations. These companies have special pool to take care of whiny customers and disaffection customers, retention funds. They can only have so much fund to fund these customers. As the pool gets larger, the money has to come from somewhere. So, they end up charging more for the other services to make up for this pool; it’s circular.

As more valueless/coreless affluent the people gets more whiner people tend to get. We hear about these all the time. How Hollywood stars demand this and that? Demands put on by these Hollywood actors on Production Company are very expensive. Production companies give into them. When common people hear these stories, they chuckle… thinking.. “Gosh, these people are spoiled…” Well, whiners are spoiled. They are everywhere today. Thus, the death and suffocation of the capitalism with increased collectivism/populism.

What end up happening is that these whiners/victims end up killing the goose that laid the gold. It’s pretty tragic but it happens all the time.
    Last edited by plasticberry; 06-04-08 at 02:29 PM.
    06-04-08 02:26 PM
    If you're sharing a plan with anyone else (like a familyshare plan), you can use someone else's ne2 if they're eligible. I just got my curve from verizon on sunday, and I wasn't eligible for my ne2 until january. However, my dad was eligible, so they applied it to the phone. Also, you get fifty dollars off when you get a new cheaper data plan, and a hundred dollars off when you get the more expensive data plan. Good luck, I love mine and I know you'll feel the same once you finally get yours!

How does this work? Did you do it in store? Can it be done online? If I order the phone for another line that is up for renewal, do I have do register that phone for a few days, and then switch it to my line, or when the phone comes in, can I just enter the esn number for my line, and never use it for the other line?
    06-04-08 04:18 PM
    What is the difference between the Curve with NE2 pricing and 2 year pricing?

I am eligible for NE2 upgrade in august but I do not want to wait. I am on a family plan and not the primary line. I was wondering what kind of deal I should be expecting?
    06-04-08 06:54 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD