I've been due for an upgrade for two months now now. The problem is, I don't know what phone to get. There is really no phone from Verizon that piques my interest.

The Tour 9630 has no Wifi, and a trackball. I took a look at it at the VZW store, but disliked the trackball A LOT.

I briefly considered the Droid, but it just looks so cheap and outdated, and the slide out keyboard seems too flimsy. The Android platform seems just so awesome, and it's too bad it's tied to that piece of junk hardware.

Then I heard about the Curve 8530, due out near the end of the month, but it also looks really cheap. The design is also outdated, and it only has a 2.0 megapixel camera. (I will probably end up getting this phone in the end.)

My main question is, what Verizon phone should I get? Are there anymore BlackBerries coming to Verizon in the future? What about the Tour 2? How much longer do I have to wait to get something decent!? (Sorry about the rant, lol.)
    11-08-09 06:25 AM
    Dont rush into anything. Wait, and just keep looking at those phones. Yes, I'm fairly certain the Curve2 is on its way by Black Friday. ( not confirmed by MY sources ) However, its not something to rush into, you will end up unhappy in the end.
    I havent gotten a chance to check out the hardware aspect of the Droid yet. But have you looked at the Eros (sp?) Its the HTC android we launched the same day. I dont believe its got a keyboard; in fact I'm certain. If you go to verizonwirless.com there is a new featuer in the phones & accessories section. Its called the Smartphone Research Center. I looked through this last night and it seems very informative. ( Actually uses the same comparism model as reps )
    Everyone here will have different opinions on what they like or think is crap. YOU are the only one who can decide that.
    11-08-09 06:53 AM
    I've been due for an upgrade for two months now now. The problem is, I don't know what phone to get. There is really no phone from Verizon that piques my interest.

The Tour 9630 has no Wifi, and a trackball. I took a look at it at the VZW store, but disliked the trackball A LOT.

I briefly considered the Droid, but it just looks so cheap and outdated, and the slide out keyboard seems too flimsy. The Android platform seems just so awesome, and it's too bad it's tied to that piece of junk hardware.

Then I heard about the Curve 8530, due out near the end of the month, but it also looks really cheap. The design is also outdated, and it only has a 2.0 megapixel camera. (I will probably end up getting this phone in the end.)

My main question is, what Verizon phone should I get? Are there anymore BlackBerries coming to Verizon in the future? What about the Tour 2? How much longer do I have to wait to get something decent!? (Sorry about the rant, lol.)
    wow you just totally bashed my droid lol but i can value your opinion i hope they make better on their hardware next time around as far as the platform though it is indeed amazing!!!
    11-08-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD