08-10-09 01:30 PM
26 12
tools
    Has anyone else noticed that Verizon has slashed the price of most smartphones, the Saga and Tour excepted, to $99 or less?

HTC, Omnia and more for $99 with contract and less with loyalty discounts.

Sweet stuff, I tell ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah those are good signs that the new storm, htc, omnia 2 and others are coming and they need to get rid of the rest of the inventory.
    08-07-09 06:54 PM
    yeah, it basically means out with the old (clearance) and in with the new
    08-07-09 06:59 PM
    curves are as low as 49.99!!! clearances work for me!
    08-07-09 07:02 PM
    I just ordered a tour for someone and they only had a $50 NE2 but it auto added an extra $50 off and honored the mail in rebate for him.. So he got it for $99
    08-07-09 07:44 PM
    I saw that (as incentive to switch to Verizon) they are selling the Tour at $99 with a new 2 year contract.
    08-07-09 07:55 PM
    According to Twins, the Omnia 2. Is supposed to be the cat's arse.. But of course, we'll restrict everything on it!!

Muhahahahahahaha!!

08-07-09 08:41 PM
    I had a feeling that the possibility of new models may have been the cause. The HTC Touch had been over $300 for a long time with a contract and suddenly it was $99. I am almost ready for my upgrade so if they get the new HTC Touch Pro 2 and Omnia 2 in the stores I can finally decide what phone I am going to upgrade to. I was hoping for the Omnia Pro because it has a slide out keyboard but oh well.
    08-07-09 09:10 PM
    That is grrrrrrrreat!
    08-07-09 09:11 PM
    I havent heard of anything about the tour being 99.99..... otherwise everything else sounds about right
    08-07-09 09:36 PM
    I havent heard of anything about the tour being 99.99..... otherwise everything else sounds about right
    Neither had I.. great selling point to get him to order from me though and not through the store. The promotion auto loaded and took it off.

08-08-09 12:30 AM
    Very nice - lower prices mean more people, who don't need them, sucking up smartphones.

Nice prices but I loathe selling the Omnia. The return rate is somewhere near a whopping 70 percent.
    Interesting - I'd like to know who fed you those numbers. Actually, the real Omnia return rate is better than either the Storm or Tour. The customer reviews on the VZW site put it on par with the Storm, but reading the reviews leaves you to understand that many people were looking for an iPhone or a juiced up Voyager. It is what happens when people get things they don't need or understand.

Give the general public a device with so much configuration & setup rope, they will hang themselves - then blame VZW for their blue complexion.

If the return rate were anywhere even remotely close to 70%, it would have been yanked from the shelves long ago.

08-08-09 04:12 AM
    I agree with Twins!

08-08-09 07:10 AM
    Nice prices but I loathe selling the Omnia. The return rate is somewhere near a whopping 70 percent.

You know, Thats strange too... Its not my fav phone ( Omnia ) but my sister got one and she's the most technologically ******** person ever... she loves it and has never had many issues with it past growing pains when she first got it. Some of the issues I get with this phone are way behond manufacturer defect. IMO
    08-08-09 07:26 AM
    I think I read someplace that 40% of people with cell phones, have smart phone. And they expect that to double within the next 5 years. What a better way to make that happen and keep current people using smart phones and getting new customers or new smart phone customers.

08-08-09 07:35 AM
    The closeouts will probably be gone by then.

I don't want one of the closeouts. I have been waiting to check out the Omnia 2 or Touch Pro 2. There is not a phone with Verizon right now I would use my upgrade to get.
    08-08-09 08:20 AM
    So are they returning it because it is a bad phone or because they can't figure it out/don't want to pay for data? I am just curious because if that is the case the 70% return rate would be a reflection on the consumer and not the device. I saw several people returning BlackBerries while I was in my local VZW store checking out new phones because all they wanted was the stupid keyboard and did not want a data plan. Some people just can't seem to read anymore. I bet this is the cause of most of the returns on all types of smart phones.
    08-09-09 10:21 AM
    Oh, and I forgot the obvious. The majority of these returns are because the customer didn't like the phone, not DOA.
    so if a better job was done in explaining the phone, maybe the return rate wouldn't be so bad? Maybe your district could use some better training.

08-09-09 03:35 PM
    Remind them of the restocking fee and one per 30 days.

08-09-09 05:38 PM
    What's this tour for $99 talk? Fill me in!

08-09-09 08:48 PM
    Twins,you hit the nail right on its head!
    08-10-09 03:04 AM
    What's this tour for $99 talk? Fill me in!

I don't know, I haven't ordered another tour since but I used the customers early upgrade and it gave him $50 off for VIP and when I clicked on the show offers button (ensures the correct price) it auto took off another $50 and honored his MIR.

/shrug?
    08-10-09 03:49 AM
    bluerskies, when did you look at that report? The reason why i ask is because if you look at it on the third, it will show all phones sold from the first through the third. And also all returns donefrom the first through the third. So say 1 omnia is sold in that time period, and 3 that were sold in the prior month got returned on the 2nd, the return rate would show at 300%

Last edited by crackalackberry; 08-10-09 at 09:18 AM.
    08-10-09 08:06 AM
    dd, when did you look at that report?
    Report? Or did you mean bluerskies?

08-10-09 08:20 AM
    Report? Or did you mean bluerskies?

wow sorry lol, im completely out of it today
    08-10-09 09:17 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD