so i have an 8330 and i'm on verizon's website and they have the skins in different colors than on crackberry's website. my question is, is the one on verizon's site an OEM blackberry case with the berry logo on back?? are they the same?
    06-20-08 10:31 AM
    You can buy OEM branded cases on the web, but I don't think the ones @ CB shop are branded.
    06-20-08 10:37 AM
    The Verizon skins are not branded with the BlackBerry logo, though they have a very good fit. Be careful if you try and get a BlackBerry branded skin, as many out there advertise they are skins for 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330, but if you check pictures they have the LED cutout in the top right corner and they are a little too tight-fitting for the CDMA Curve.
    06-20-08 12:31 PM
    Some of the skins at verizon have the blackberry logo. The one I got there for the curve does not however the one my sister got at the store for the pearl. Hers feels thicker and nicer and fits more snugly and I feel like mine is thinner and just not as nice.
    06-20-08 12:59 PM
    hmmm, well i got the blackberry one from crackberry, and the led cutout is there even though it does nothing!!! they said it was for the 8330
    06-20-08 02:55 PM
    hmmm, well i got the blackberry one from crackberry, and the led cutout is there even though it does nothing!!! they said it was for the 8330
    It's not. The CDMA 8330 Curves have specific skins that fit them correctly. The GSM Curve skins do not fit them right and are not made for the 8330 Curve.
    06-20-08 04:30 PM
    Verizon didnt get a oem branded skin for the Curve, but I did buy one for my Pearl and 8830 from them. The skin Verizon sells for the Curve seems thinner than the branded skins I have purchased in the past, but its a good fit.
    06-21-08 12:04 AM
    I have a black 8330 skin that I bought from the verizon store and it is nothing compared to the OEM Blackberry silicone skins. I stuck with the verizon silicone case and applied a BSE skin and I don't have any complaints for about 2 months now. Go my route and you will feel the same way too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 05:13 AM
    so i guess htat means that crackberry store had the skins mislabled? i bought it for the 8330 but it still has that led cutout.....that kind of sux
    06-29-08 09:46 PM
    I bought a skin from Verizon for my Curve but it was very loose fitting and I didn't like it. I bought a skin from the T-Mobile store and it fits a lot better. Its got the LED cutout at the top, but its not that big of a deal to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 11:55 PM
    That's strange, I bought 2 from T-mobile and they are BB branded, I saw some of the "others" and they were not as thick but I wasn't sure if that was a bad thing. I wish the skins were easier to remove from a pocket but they are great for sitting on top of a desk. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I am going to try a docking station for my desk and a leather case to keep it protected. We will see. I wish there was a plastic coating you could put on kind of like they are putting on the front of cars to protect from bugs...

Just found out, from another thread, there is just such a company, BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Mobile Devices | Accessories , has custom cut skins for Blackberry 8330, just ordered, will let you know if they are as good as they claim. Free shipping and 100% satisfaction money back guarantee as well.
    Last edited by YaYa; 06-30-08 at 12:27 PM. Reason: discovered new info
    06-30-08 09:28 AM
    Just a heads up, i bought my skin for my verizon 8830WE from sprint.... being CDMA also, they are the same... and they are OEM skins with the blackberry logo on the back... not sure about the curve skins, but my 8830 pack came with two skins in it... you might want to check that out if you decide to cancel...
    06-30-08 09:46 AM
    i brought one from t-mobile but it had that stupid cut out so i brought one from boxwave . com and it work out fine.
    06-30-08 12:24 PM
    ****Best Skin****

Got To Best Buy And Purchase The Double Pack By Rocketfish. It Is A Best Buy Company And They Are A Little Thicker, Cover More Of The Phone And Come In White And Black For Only $15.00 For The Pack. Cheaper Than Purchasing A Blackberry One For Usually $15-$20 Each.
    07-01-08 11:31 AM
    I'm not crazy about the Verizon skin. It fits well, but picks up tons of lint from my pockets...
    07-02-08 07:15 PM
    i have 3 curve skins. i just bought to boost resale. there for the gsm curves. but i dont care cause i dont use them lol. i paid 13 for all 3 of them on ebay. thats where i get my stuff at. cheap.

if you buy a skin. get it on ebay if you odnt want to spend alot. but i have no fit probs with my 8310 skins on an 8330 the led spot is funky but o well. for that price you can't beat it.
    07-02-08 11:38 PM
    i agree, i got one on ebay for like 6 bucks shipped.
    07-02-08 11:53 PM
    i have an 8330 and have a verizon skin, which fits perfect and a 8300 blackberry skin which fits fine minus the small cutout for the led.

The verizon one is garbage, lint sticks to it like crazy. The blackberry one works way better for me...

try it on the 8330, it fits fine.
    07-03-08 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD