Hey.

I signed up for the $30 BIS plan, but when I went to add/remove features, it had the $45 plan selected.

I'm assuming this is just something with their site, since it doesn't show the $30 plan anyway, but it had me a bit worried. I emailed them about it, but figured I'd ask you guys if you know anything in the mean time.
    04-07-09 04:26 PM
    Just change it on the Verizon site, or call customer service when you activate your phone. I went to my account to check, and the $29 bb data is there.
    04-07-09 04:29 PM
    Hey.

I signed up for the $30 BIS plan, but when I went to add/remove features, it had the $45 plan selected.

I'm assuming this is just something with their site, since it doesn't show the $30 plan anyway, but it had me a bit worried. I emailed them about it, but figured I'd ask you guys if you know anything in the mean time.
    Yes, you should call customer service. When I replaced my storm through waranty, the system switched me to that $45 plan automatically by itself. They had to refund me the difference on the following bill cycle.
    04-07-09 04:31 PM
    Hey.

Don't email - call them. It is a quick fix.

While I like playing on the VZW site, overall it sucks. The site, that is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 07:43 PM
    That's because the system automatically defaults to corporate email (BES) because most people use blackberry for BES.

Just call them and have em switch it, very easy
    04-07-09 08:30 PM
    That's because the system automatically defaults to corporate email (BES) because most people use blackberry for BES.

Just call them and have em switch it, very easy
    Its fine if it defaults to that selection, but the stupid site won't allow you to change it.

It is little things like this which give the borderline loons reason to go off on & spread negative things about, a company.

I can't call for a bill print without being charged, but I can't do anything within reason on the account without calling.

If I were to pick the thing I hate most about VZW, it is that they apparently hire pimple-faced kidiots to do their online presence.

04-07-09 09:10 PM
    You can get free bill prints online
    04-07-09 10:46 PM
    Vzw did the same thing to me. I had to call customer service and have them change it.

04-08-09 11:52 AM
    Yep. Called customer service 5 minutes after I posted this and had them change it. Made me mad, because some lady called and left a voicemail today (from the email) saying I already had BIS not BES. Duh, I called you guys.

Anyway, I think it is dumb they do this. I signed up for BIS. If I didn't stumble upon this, I wouldn't have known until the first bill (when it is probably too late to change it).
    04-08-09 04:32 PM
    Just have customer care change it for you or come into a verizon corporate store and have them do a feature change right on the account for you. Takes like 5 seconds as long as they aren't busy.
    04-08-09 04:39 PM
    Yep. Called customer service 5 minutes after I posted this and had them change it. Made me mad, because some lady called and left a voicemail today (from the email) saying I already had BIS not BES. Duh, I called you guys.

Anyway, I think it is dumb they do this. I signed up for BIS. If I didn't stumble upon this, I wouldn't have known until the first bill (when it is probably too late to change it).
    You can change it at any time. I work as a tech for verizon wireless and it's just a change to the account that you can go into and do. Takes no time at all.
    04-08-09 04:40 PM
    You can change it at any time. I work as a tech for verizon wireless and it's just a change to the account that you can go into and do. Takes no time at all.
    True, but the site should allow it from the initial order. I wonder how many people pay for something they dont need, not knowing any better.

04-08-09 04:48 PM
    True, but the site should allow it from the initial order. I wonder how many people pay for something they dont need, not knowing any better.

That was me for several months. I didn't realize I was paying for BES until I went over my first "normal" bill (no activation charges, phone expenses, etc.) and noticed it was the $45 data plan. Called them up and they switched it to BIS plus refunded me the difference for the months I paid for BES.

The same thing happened when I added a line. I stood there and told them BIS at the store, the guy read it back to me and said "BIS, right, not BES?". Yep. A few days later I go to look at the account and it's BES.

Not a huge deal to get it changed, but it does seem a bit shady since it does seem to happen on a regular basis.
    04-08-09 05:41 PM
    That was me for several months. I didn't realize I was paying for BES until I went over my first "normal" bill (no activation charges, phone expenses, etc.) and noticed it was the $45 data plan. Called them up and they switched it to BIS plus refunded me the difference for the months I paid for BES.

The same thing happened when I added a line. I stood there and told them BIS at the store, the guy read it back to me and said "BIS, right, not BES?". Yep. A few days later I go to look at the account and it's BES.

Not a huge deal to get it changed, but it does seem a bit shady since it does seem to happen on a regular basis.
    Definitely has the appearance of being shady, at the very least.

To be fair, I've seen similar things in dealing with my local telco and CATV providers, as well as other mobile providers. So I am not quick to think any of them are trying to pull the wool over our eyes - it is more likely budget constraints on ordering system provisioning - or in the case of your store experience, poor training or inattentive data entry.

US mobile telco providers are not dishonest, nor are they out to rip anyone off. They tend to leave the rippoff business to politicians & people with the last name of Madoff. . When it comes to my opinion of a carrier's billing errors, it is how quickly they correct it and how willing they are to fix it.

04-08-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD