I know many of you guys work for different providers so hopefully I can get an answer. I own a Tour and my brother on the same plan has a Driod. My friend has a Tour and his brother has a Storm 1. Okay, I was an Alltel customer that was just switched over while they have always been Verizon. Here is the problem they get service where we don't (remember we have the same phone) I believe what is happening is they are bouncing off US Cellular Towers(I actually know because its the only one in the next town over and they have full bars and can call and we can not) So how do I get Verizon to get me where my phones will work off the US Cellular Towers?? Any Ideas why we can stand side by side with same phone(Tour) and he can call out and I can not so much as send a text.
    12-01-10 01:15 AM
    Call vz and explain the problem. They should set you up with a new prl (prefered roaming list). There is also a Verizon forum a little further down the page and a vz rep can probably give you more advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 04:37 AM
    Update your phone's PRL by dialing *228 and pressing 2.
    12-01-10 05:55 AM
    I've called numerous times, and done the *228 more times than you can imagine. I know I am not the only one, anyone that started with Verizon has awsome service around here but anyone that had Alltel and was switched over still has the old Alltel service. None, of us have access to the US Cellular towers that Verizon is suppose to be able to use unless they are orginal Verizon subscribers.
    12-01-10 11:35 AM
    There's a special hybrid PRL, which you may or may not be able to get. You probably need to call Verizon tech support and you will need to get connected to 2nd level support.

I will move this thread to the Verizon Forum.
    12-01-10 11:46 AM
    There's a special hybrid PRL, which you may or may not be able to get. You probably need to call Verizon tech support and you will need to get connected to 2nd level support.

I will move this thread to the Verizon Forum.
    That's probably the case, you may need a hybrid PRL if you are in a converted area. Tech support can push this to you, just give them a call.
    12-01-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD