01-02-10 02:03 PM
30 12
tools
    I guess my Tour is the oddball out then. It calls it "Preferred Network List"

Preferred Roaming List seems a bit of a misnomer to me since it implies updating it only adds new towers owned by carriers other than one's own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 11:04 AM
    I'm not implying that "PRL" is wrong either. I merely assumed that "PNL" is a new, more accurate and yet to be broadly accepted term since "PRL" is so ingrained in everyone's mind.

01-01-10 11:08 AM
    I guess my Tour is the oddball out then. It calls it "Preferred Network List"

Preferred Roaming List seems a bit of a misnomer to me since it implies updating it only adds new towers owned by carriers other than one's own.

I totally agree. And it's not so much as adding new towers - just updating the SIDs that the phone should use. It's not going to do someone much good to update their PRL when a new tower is built a mile away that has the same SID as the one 3 miles away.

In overlapping areas where there are Alltel and VZW towers a PRL can do a lot of crazy stuff! Could mean the difference in EVDO Rev A and 1x..
    01-01-10 11:10 AM
    I'm not implying that "PRL" is wrong either. I merely assumed that "PNL" is a new, more accurate and yet to be broadly accepted term since "PRL" is so ingrained in everyone's mind.

Hopefully one day we can get away from all of that.. PRL's are plan specific so who knows. Maybe when LTE takes over completely it won't be needed.
    01-01-10 11:12 AM
    Its not my house My fiance has 2 other Verizon phones on same account and they work flawless the rep was stumped.

GUYS ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!! Maybe I can direct them they are having a tech look at it further due to holidays prob be Monday before they get to me
    Could he be in an Alltel/VZW merge area, and his wife never got new PRLs, where his new phone did? So his wife's phone is actually roaming while his is now only seeking VZW towers?
    01-02-10 02:03 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD