Is anyone else having problems with Verizon in the Boston/North Shore area. My 9530 running 5.0....328 was running well and I had excellent service... but as of late it has just been awful. I switch from 1XEV to 1X and back up to full 1XEV if I move an inch. As a result my phone drops calls like crazy now. Any ideas or explanations?

Oh also my phone has started "pixilating" when I turn it from landscape to portrait and vice versa... All these things just started happening and are getting worse... Can anyone suggest fixes? There are no THEMES or anything like that on my phone.
    12-04-09 09:32 PM
    Reload OS! Then you should have a better experience. (If you have "stop tilt" that maybe causing some of your rotating issues)
    12-05-09 06:10 AM
    I am not so concerned with reloading the OS... I just don't want to have to keep RELOADING the OS... I don't understand what the OS has to do with the stability of my network coverage... I hate the pixelation but I can live with that... it is the dropping of calls that is annoying and the PLOWING through my battery as the network flip flops that concerns me...
    12-07-09 09:50 AM
    is it just flip flopping from 1XEV to 1X or going to GSM as well. You can disable the global feature so it doesn't try to find a GSM signal when there isn't a CDMA one available.

As for dropping calls, do an update with *228 maybe?
    12-07-09 09:53 AM
    It just bounces between 1XEV and 1X. I have never seen it hit a GSM.

I already shut down the Global feature and all the other wonderful STORM enhancing tricks. The only 3rd party apps I have are FB, Bolt (1.6 now), Bank of America, and the Free Weather app and GOOGLE VOICE always running. And like I said, this problem just started happening... Hmmmmmm???
    12-08-09 08:54 PM
    Is anyone else having problems with Verizon in the Boston/North Shore area. My 9530 running 5.0....328 was running well and I had excellent service... but as of late it has just been awful. I switch from 1XEV to 1X and back up to full 1XEV if I move an inch. As a result my phone drops calls like crazy now. Any ideas or explanations?

Oh also my phone has started "pixilating" when I turn it from landscape to portrait and vice versa... All these things just started happening and are getting worse... Can anyone suggest fixes? There are no THEMES or anything like that on my phone.

I had the same problem with my 9530 and after working with customer service via the 611 number, and doing all the steps they could think of (to no avail) they shipped me a brand new one (not a refurb), I sent the psychotic phone with the enclosed paperwork and viola - problem solved. Been using that replacement for almost a year with very few problems. And the few problems I did encounter were fixed by simply calling 611 and calmly and respectfully speaking with a service rep. They are there to help and really do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 06:29 AM
    I was having this issue in Chicago last week. Now that I'm back in the northeast I notice reduced coverage in my home, but I can still make calls and it is fine everywhere else.
    12-10-09 04:54 AM
    Moving to Verizon Forum

Maybe tower issues?
    12-10-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD