Hey, I'm new to the site and just had a quick question. I will be getting Pearl from verizon wireless in the next few day and was wondering, is Verizon a good service for a Blackberry? I mean can I still change the theme of my Pearl and such with the verizon network?
    02-11-09 10:55 AM
    No blackberry updates are done with Verizon, that I've seen.

I'm a Storm user and I cannot use anything Verizon related except for the Rhapsody app (which I don't use). Outside of that, everything is "on your own" to find (ringtones, wallpapers, themes, etc.).
    02-11-09 10:57 AM
    I would def get the curve over the pearl for Verizon. But you can still do all the same things with the Pearl. You can still change your themes and so forth. My Berry Service is great with Verizon. But I guess again, it might depends on where you live in. There are a lot of themes also offered for the pearl so you should be fine there! Hope that helped. Congrats on the Berry!
    02-11-09 10:57 AM
    Do anyone know if the Blackberry Pearl from verizon is already loaded with the newest os 4.5 software? or do i have to update it?

Thanks
    02-11-09 12:18 PM
    depends when Verizon got the phone. got the curve just over a month ago. did not have updated software. when I went back a few days later to resolve an email issue the tech updated the software for me.
    02-11-09 12:44 PM
    No blackberry updates are done with Verizon, that I've seen.
    This is so untrue. Verizon does updates faster than sprint.

I'm a Storm user and I cannot use anything Verizon related except for the Rhapsody app (which I don't use). Outside of that, everything is "on your own" to find (ringtones, wallpapers, themes, etc.).
    There is nothing wrong with this. You can make any ringtone you want. You can find free ringtones. "on your own" means you are spending less money.

I am not sure what OS is on them. Once you get to know your BB, updating is easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:52 PM
    if you ordered the phone from online or customer service it should come with os4.5 loaded already, if not jus download the update from blackberry.com under device software. i love my curve and actually i've you go to the home page out of the box there a link for apps, if you download a program called app zone. i don't recommend the program because its a huge program that runs fairly "laggy". i would recommend just going to myxer.com on the bb itself and you can download ringtones directly from that page.
    02-11-09 12:53 PM
    You do realize CB has free ring tones too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD