08-24-11 06:24 AM
68 123
tools
    Maybe you need a reading comprehension course. I didn't say I didn't read it. I read it, it's stupid. My 8-year old is more of a grown-up. It's post like your that make at newbies.

Great first post!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-22-11 at 03:47 PM.
    08-22-11 03:43 PM
    Maybe you need a reading comrehension course. I didn't say I didn't read it. I read it, it's stupid. My 8-year old is more of a grown-up.
    Well then maybe your 8 year old can teach you some respect. Cause from what I'm seeing, you just like to troll around.
    08-22-11 03:47 PM
    I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from, Verizon doesn't help with $hit. And it's not just me, it's everyone around here. I'd love to know where you live cause that sounds just dandy.
    I have lived in New Jersey for most of my life and have also lived in South Florida for 12 years - have had Verizon service since it's inception. Some of my friends have AT&T and all they ever do is complain about the lack of CS and the poor call quality and dropped calls. I would never switch away from Verizon. While I can appreciate your frustration, you seem to be the exception and not the rule (in my opninion).
    08-22-11 03:51 PM
    Too funny!!!
    08-22-11 03:52 PM
    Well then maybe your 8 year old can teach you some respect. Cause from what I'm seeing, you just like to troll around.
    Lmao.....that's funny coming from someone looking to commit insurance fraud

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ew-one-638562/
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    08-22-11 03:53 PM
    I have lived in New Jersey for most of my life and have also lived in South Florida for 12 years - have had Verizon service since it's inception. Some of my friends have AT&T and all they ever do is complain about the lack of CS and the poor call quality and dropped calls. I would never switch away from Verizon. While I can appreciate your frustration, you seem to be the exception and not the rule (in my opninion).
    I also live in New Jersey and have had Verizon from the beginning. Don't get me wrong, the cell service is GREAT! My point though is that big companies are making profits more important than customers.
    08-22-11 03:55 PM
    I think it may be more then just an exception to the rule but instead karma at it's finest. The OP seems to be getting what he deserves.
    08-22-11 03:56 PM
    Lmao.....that's funny coming from someone looking to commit insurance fraud

Insurance fraud? That awesome considering I don't have insurance. Why don't you grow up and stop trying to pick fights on an internet forum about cell phones.
    08-22-11 03:57 PM
    All carriers suck one way or another. Just depends on who you talk too....

Vote with your wallet, your not stuck, put some effort into it and switch carriers if it bothers you so much. Can't imagine you can't get the new carrier to pick up the tab for any old fees. Just have to work it.
    colbyo likes this.
    08-22-11 03:57 PM
    I think it may be more then just an exception to the rule but instead karma at it's finest. The OP seems to be getting what he deserves.
    Oh please... Dupermario and all your trolls just make the internet so scummy. Get a life. Stop trying to look cool on an internet forum, and maybe try to excel at something.
    08-22-11 03:58 PM
    Exactly, Verizon isn't screwing EVERYONE over, they just aren't giving in to a scam artist.
    08-22-11 03:59 PM
    All carriers suck one way or another. Just depends on who you talk too....

Vote with your wallet, your not stuck, put some effort into it and switch carriers if it bothers you so much. Can't imagine you can't get the new carrier to pick up the tab for any old fees. Just have to work it.
    I completely agree. I just think that customers should have better service and a little more respect.
    08-22-11 03:59 PM
    Exactly, Verizon isn't screwing EVERYONE over, they just aren't giving in to a scam artist.
    Giving in to a scam artist? If I think I know what your talking about, I ended up getting 2 free phones, and free overnight shipping. Cool story bro.
    08-22-11 04:00 PM

About a month ago, I bought myself a Blackberry Curve 3G. I loved the phone and everything about it. Unfortunately, the phone has water damage. Lucky for me, I had bought a battery extender for it, so the original battery is safely sitting at home. Now, I know the Verizon batteries have a sticker on them, and if there is any water on the battery (Sweat, Pools, Ocean, etc), it turns pink. And if you try to return the phone, get a refund, or get it fixed, they will not do it if the sticker is pink. So basically the phone isn't working, and I have no insurance. The Blackberry keys light up when the battery is put in, and the LED light flashes in rainbow colors, but the screen remains black/blank. I had an Idea though. What if I put the original battery in the phone, and went to the Verizon store. I would tell them that I woke up one morning, and the phone was off. And when I tried to turn it on, the screen didn't work. I'm hoping this will work, but I don't know for sure. Are there any Verizon reps or people who have had a similar problem? Cause I need ideas so they will replace the phone free of charge. I have a spare Curve 8330 that a friend gave me, but I don't want to resort to that for too long. Thanks ahead of time!

P.S. I have one line on my family plan eligible for an upgrade, but I would like to save it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08-22-11 04:04 PM
    Giving in to a scam artist? If I think I know what your talking about, I ended up getting 2 free phones, and free overnight shipping. Cool story bro.
    So you got two free phones and you're still whining about poor customer service and money hungry corporations... Seems like they lost money giving you free equipment to keep you happy. You're just ungrateful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 04:04 PM
    Pcgizmo beat me to it. So you scam Verizon, then are appalled that they don't treat customers well? I'm seeing cause and effect here. The reps have to spend their day dealing with people like you, no wonder they can't be bothered to be nice.

I see the same thing when I go to my carrier's stores in large cities - they don't like to help you. I live in a small town where people tend to have more integrity than someone like the OP, and customer service has always been top notch.
    08-22-11 04:06 PM
    You're just ungrateful.
    Most children are
    08-22-11 04:06 PM
    Wow... Who is screwing who exactly???
    08-22-11 04:13 PM
    Here's another one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...e-free-638570/

I bought a new Blackberry Curve 9330 over the phone from Verizon about a month ago. I did not get insurance Recently, the phone had suffered water damage. But, I had a extended battery in it, so the original battery is safe in my drawer. I know when an original batter gets wet, a sticker on it turns pink indicating water damage. But since the original one didn't get wet, it's as good as new. I was wondering how to convince Verizon to give me a replacement phone for free? The phone doesn't work, and the screen is completely blank. But when I plug the battery in, the LED goes rainbow and changes colors, and the Keys light up. There is no sign of water damage. I was going to make up an excuse that when I woke up one day, it was off. And when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened. So I am going to make it seem like it is a phone defect. Are there any Verizon reps out there, or customers in similar situations that could help me find a way to get a free phone replacement? Thanks!
    08-22-11 04:14 PM
    I also live in New Jersey and have had Verizon from the beginning. Don't get me wrong, the cell service is GREAT! My point though is that big companies are making profits more important than customers.
    Of course they are!! Why do you think they are in business - to be nice to people like you and me???!!! Wake up and smell the coffee!!

I have been patient - but you're just another putz in the long line of putz's in this world - you are probably one of those who goes 55 MPH in the left lane on the Garden State Parkway...
    Last edited by kashabrown; 08-22-11 at 04:38 PM.
    08-22-11 04:36 PM
    Pcgizmo beat me to it. So you scam Verizon, then are appalled that they don't treat customers well? I'm seeing cause and effect here. The reps have to spend their day dealing with people like you, no wonder they can't be bothered to be nice.

I see the same thing when I go to my carrier's stores in large cities - they don't like to help you. I live in a small town where people tend to have more integrity than someone like the OP, and customer service has always been top notch.
    I live in a small town to bub.
    08-22-11 05:28 PM
    Of course they are!! Why do you think they are in business - to be nice to people like you and me???!!! Wake up and smell the coffee!!

I have been patient - but you're just another putz in the long line of putz's in this world - you are probably one of those who goes 55 MPH in the left lane on the Garden State Parkway...
    Actually, I go about 65 like everyone else. And the left lane is only for passing. Glad to know you passed your drivers exam.
    08-22-11 05:30 PM
    ...can a Mod just close this thread...jeezus.
    meistro likes this.
    08-22-11 11:02 PM
    so yeah, I decided to read his entire original post to see why the thread got through 4 pages and everyone ragging on this guy...yeah, sorry buddy, but I'm with everyone after reading your post...why don't you switch over to Sprint and have them redirect you to India or Pakistan (sorry, didn't mean to stereotype anyone, but you can't disagree with me that almost everyone of their operators have VERY VERY VERY heavy Middle Eastern accent)...I think VZW has too, but just not as many yet...

and after reading your thread about how you tried to get over the company with your water damaged Curve, you reminded of this lady who called me up at work last week about a minivan (I sell cars for a living)...apparently, she took a cars.com ad and (probably used google chrome) edited the price to $18,881, when the price on my dealership website is $25,881....and she emailed a "PDF" of the ad she saw "a few hours ago in the morning" cuz "all of a sudden, the price on cars.com got changed after she called me"...in any case, we NEVER had a price adjustment on that vehicle...and what she didn't know was that it takes 24 hours before any changes can go into effect once make a change to our cars.com listing...so I got her to once again tell me exactly WHEN she saw the ad, and then I told her of cars.com policy...then she changed the story to "last night"...at first I thought maybe she may have mistaken it for a different vehicle, but she insisted that it was same miles, year, and VIN.....and her pdf she sent me to verified it...and it also verified that she was a CROOK...I was nice enough to explain to her of the cars.com policy and how we had not made any changes to that vehicle's pricing, and I was nice enuf to tell her "I'm sorry for the inconvenience ma'am and I appreciate you brought it to my attention..." just so she can save face, yet she kept insisting she wanted to buy that car at THAT price and that I HAVE to sell it to her otherwise she'll report the dealership to BBB, yada yada yada...finally, I just clicked the phone....

I'm sorry buddy if I side with all these people here when I agree with them that you are just mad cuz you tried to get over the company, but got checked...egh...after typing that long paragraph up there, I totally forgot what else I was gonna say, so I'll finish this tomorrow....g'nite...
    08-23-11 12:42 AM
    and oh, back IBTL....

mod please lock this thread and either move of delete it because the title of this thread is VERY deceiving....and in the tongue of a Sprint operator, "Thank you---come again!!!!"
    08-23-11 12:44 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD