11-15-09 05:54 PM
30 12
tools

Whatever you get for free, someone has to pay for.

Think about that the next time you think that you shouldn't have to pay for something most don't need. Or when you think you should get the latest phone upgrade for free when you didn't fulfill your part of your agreement.
    +10000000
    Twins speaketh the truth
    11-11-09 08:49 AM
    I pay $30 to tether with VZW. I use it heavily at airports, etc where I don't want to expose my laptop to an unsecured wireless network (thanks Google.) I can't duplicate the error you received, since I have a valid account and connect right up through VZAM.

I've developed a new, CB-specific, pet peeve: users throwing around the word "scam" when they don't get what they want. Once again logic and personal responsibility go out the window. *giant whooshing sound*
    11-13-09 09:10 PM
    Since when does T-Mobile charge for tethering? It's a free add-on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 07:54 PM
    Since when does T-Mobile charge for tethering? It's a free add-on.
    I am beginning to think that there are far too many people who do not or cannot read what they signed.

From the T-Mobile Terms & Conditions, effective June 28, 2008:

1. Permissible and Prohibited Uses

Your Data Plan is intended for Web browsing, messaging, and similar activities on your device and not on any other equipment. Unless explicitly permitted by your Data Plan, other uses, including for example, tethering your device to a personal computer or other hardware, are not permitted.

If it is a "free addon," why do they offer a tethering addon? T-Mobile has been tracking down many who break this rule.
    11-14-09 10:44 PM
    I am beginning to think that there are far too many people who do not or cannot read what they signed.

From the T-Mobile Terms & Conditions, effective June 28, 2008:

1. Permissible and Prohibited Uses

Your Data Plan is intended for Web browsing, messaging, and similar activities on your device and not on any other equipment. Unless explicitly permitted by your Data Plan, other uses, including for example, tethering your device to a personal computer or other hardware, are not permitted.

If it is a "free addon," why do they offer a tethering addon? T-Mobile has been tracking down many who break this rule.
    Yeah, they track it ... but as long as you have a BlackBerry they turn a blind eye. I've confirmed this with CS several times. T-Mobile allows it. Of course, they don't want everyone to know about it or use it.

And FYI I have T-Mobile. Considering switching because of crappy data coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 05:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD